CVS - WTF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Got my first Pfizer. Waiting for the second.

I know people that were involved in development. it went quickly because the red tape was cut and the drug companies didn't have to wine and dine congresscritters and FDA employees to get it approved. It doesn't hurt when every researcher in the world dropped what they were working on to work on Covid. It went quick because Trump wanted it done quick and threw enough weight and money at the problem.

We're stuck wearing masks until enough people get the vaccine. While debatable, it seems that if you have the shots the virus won't affect you but you can still carry it and give it to others that haven't had the shot.

I'm an insurance agent. I've lost too many clients to Covid not to take it seriously.

Geezer Squid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No animal testing, no look at long term impacts - that's led me to decide not to take it. I did talk to my Doctor last week and he said that it was a personal decision. My daughter, RN with Masters Degree, thinks I totally nuts! I'm 75 years old just do not want to take the risk. I like the odds on surviving the virus verses the odds of no negative impacts of the vaccine.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Got my first Pfizer. Waiting for the second.

I know people that were involved in development. it went quickly because the red tape was cut and the drug companies didn't have to wine and dine congresscritters and FDA employees to get it approved. It doesn't hurt when every researcher in the world dropped what they were working on to work on Covid. It went quick because Trump wanted it done quick and threw enough weight and money at the problem.

We're stuck wearing masks until enough people get the vaccine. While debatable, it seems that if you have the shots the virus won't affect you but you can still carry it and give it to others that haven't had the shot.

I'm an insurance agent. I've lost too many clients to Covid not to take it seriously.

:thumbsup: I receive my second dose of Pfizer this Monday morn @ North Oaks.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    It went quick because Trump wanted it done quick and threw enough weight and money at the problem.

Double barrelled Amen to that!

Only a debate for those with nothing better to do. Rock solid science and simple logic -the virus is a flyer and a very simple airway cover will catch the flyers before they are sucked into the pipes. The science for those already shot and if they can still suck it in and launch it is forthcoming. If that turns out to be the case, we're hosed for a while as it will take many more deaths and many more variants to sway this wary, weary crowd.

I wear these bothersome, pita masks and haven't questioned it. I had a stash of N95's when N95's weren't cool. Got half face resp on hand too. But hey, I'm weird that way ...I realize not everyone here lives alongside belching gasoline mills and benzene emitting smokestacks. (or do they?)

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    It went quick because Trump wanted it done quick and threw enough weight and money at the problem.

Double barrelled Amen to that!

Only a debate for those with nothing better to do. Rock solid science and simple logic -the virus is a flyer and a very simple airway cover will catch the flyers before they are sucked into the pipes. The science for those already shot and if they can still suck it in and launch it is forthcoming. If that turns out to be the case, we're hosed for a while as it will take many more deaths and many more variants to sway this wary, weary crowd.

I wear these bothersome, pita masks and haven't questioned it. I had a stash of N95's when N95's weren't cool. Got half face resp on hand too. But hey, I'm weird that way ...I realize not everyone here lives alongside belching gasoline mills and benzene emitting smokestacks. (or do they?)

LOL. Fauci and the CDC and coming out with a list of things that you can and can't do AFTER being vaccinated. This still involves wearing masks (3 of them if Fauci had his way). What a joke. This is an excellent example of govt never giving up any shred of power once it has it. Its past time to lift the mask mandates and lockdowns.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I am 76 and have not taken the vaccine, my wife has. I never have taken the flu vaccine and can recall only one time I may have had the flu 40 years ago. I rarely get a cold.
    At least two dozen friends and relatives have had the virus including my daughter and son in law. My daughter had fever coughing and fatigue for a couple of days. Son in law had no symptoms. My two young grand children had no symptoms.
    My former brother in law who was 92 had it and so did my wife's brother's mother in law who is 89. Neither had significant symptoms.
    One friend went to the hospital, spent 7 days on oxygen, his wife was positive but had no symptoms. I have been in contact with people shortly before they became ill and shortly after being symptom free as in the case of my daughter's family.
    Other than giving up our LSU football and baseball season tickets this year mostly because of the mask mandate and limited attendance we pretty much continued our life as normal, went shopping, ate in restaurants, traveled, etc, mask only when required.
    I have become convinced that how one is affected is related to ones DNA, personal phycology. Too many case of two or more people living together and one becomes seriously sick or dies and the others have minor to no symptoms.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I just thought of something . All of you Never Vaxxer's better hope you never have surgery or some kind of trauma where they may need to give you blood . With Tens of thousands of people getting vaccinated every day , the odds of you getting blood from someone that has been vaccinated is increasing drastically , and you won't have the choice of getting " regular or unleaded " . :D

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    My wife and I finished our second shots the first of Feb. I was a USAF pharmacy officer for quite a few years, spent a couple of years in Turkey back in the early 70's and we were REQUIRED to have quite a few vaccines almost unheard of here such as cholera, yellow fever, and plague, along with the routine things here such as MMR, tetanus, and flu. I never heard of anyone having any problems.

I am definitely pro vaccine. Widespread use of vaccines has drastically reduced the incidence of many diseases and has eliminated smallpox, worldwide.

With the number of people already vaccinated there have been very few side effects and they appear to be extremely safe. Some people who contract Covid have what seems to be initally very mild cases about like a severe cold, other young, very healthy people have contracted it and spent weeks and months on respirators and have died. I am by no means an expert but know more than most people and all I can say it is better to listen to the science, get the vaccine and follow the precautions that have been constantly promoted over the last year.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I just thought of something . All of you Never Vaxxer's better hope you never have surgery or some kind of trauma where they may need to give you blood . With Tens of thousands of people getting vaccinated every day , the odds of you getting blood from someone that has been vaccinated is increasing drastically , and you won't have the choice of getting " regular or unleaded " . :D

When I feel a lil covid coming on or my butt gets to itching bad enough to drag it thru the cloves out front I'll get me a lick of this stuff....

Attachments

• ivermectin.jpg
      ivermectin.jpg
      68.1 KB · Views: 50

SKIPP3R L.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2020
    Denham Springs, la
    On a long enough timeline, the chance of death is 100%.

Too much unknown and way too much hypocrisy and false government studies to convince me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    FDA approval would make me feel better about a SARS-Cov-2 vaccine. We know virtually nothing about the mRNA peptide based inoculation "vaccination." I support vaccination and also support individuals right to not get vaccinated: these things are saving millions of lives and taking a few lives: I do not buy into group-think and it's a real world risk albeit a slight one for most without allergy issues. From what I have read the CDC says it's safe, and they also helped WHO and CCP coverup the virus by accepting gag orders and being too feeble to speak up when they should have: so I have zero trust in the disease safety mechanisms and the admins running them. If another virus comes along, I am going to do some big game hunting tours in some exotic locales with some friends..

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    My wife and I finished our second shots the first of Feb. I was a USAF pharmacy officer for quite a few years, spent a couple of years in Turkey back in the early 70's and we were REQUIRED to have quite a few vaccines almost unheard of here such as cholera, yellow fever, and plague, along with the routine things here such as MMR, tetanus, and flu. I never heard of anyone having any problems.

I am definitely pro vaccine. Widespread use of vaccines has drastically reduced the incidence of many diseases and has eliminated smallpox, worldwide.

With the number of people already vaccinated there have been very few side effects and they appear to be extremely safe. Some people who contract Covid have what seems to be initally very mild cases about like a severe cold, other young, very healthy people have contracted it and spent weeks and months on respirators and have died. I am by no means an expert but know more than most people and all I can say it is better to listen to the science, get the vaccine and follow the precautions that have been constantly promoted over the last year.

If you truly do know more than most people, than you will be in good company here

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Another interesting story online - Bill Gates used to invent computer virus and then sell the software to fix it; He is now promoting the vacine for covid....

I've heard stories of the rougarou and even seen a stuffed one at the zoo so it must mean it's real!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    A good friend of mine thought he was in good shape after recovering from Covid 19 last year. Now he has suffered renal failure and is on dialysis until he can get a kidney donor. He is only 38 years old and now wondering how much damage his other organs has suffered.

Jughead

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I and wife got 2 shots very early with do side effects. We were issued shot cards which we had laminated. While I respect individuals right of choice I hear a lot of stuff about very large percent saying they will not get the shot and Government saying they want everyone to get shot. Wondering what Government will do when they realize a huge percent of the population will not take it? Covid/shot ID's? Not flying w/o a covid shot certificate etc? No ammo sale w/o covid ID?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom