Damn outlaws shot my deer...UPDATE on page 5

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    If for no other reason that to give SO a hard time you should turn it all over to (this is about to kill me) PETA. Hey might have a field day with it.

Well thank God the LDWF handled all the hunting and killing the dog charges. They will probably be burned pretty good in East Feliciana for killing the dog and other charges. EBRSO was only doing the Criminal Trespass on my place and they F'd that up.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Well here it is Feb 13 and I get a call from the DA's office. She said they tried sending me a letter about the case to see if I wanted to go with it. And guess what, the letter got sent back. Because the dumb ass deputy had my name and town wrong on the report.

I really enjoyed watching the same deputy talking to a drunk 2 time convicted sex offender and that has been busted on drug charges. He was in a store parking lot on his horse, after a few minutes he got off the horse and she climb on the horse. She was off duty but was in her marked unit. She got some really good stares from the people going in and out of the store. I know Sid would be proud.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    her daddy probably either works or worked for the department, damn shame and some wonder why people get so frustrated with Leo's

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I thought you were going to get it corrected? the DA didn't drop it, did they? Shame they messed up on the back end cause that was a pretty good bust all things considered

Lurker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Denham Springs LA
    Foxnews reported on it nationally. Maybe Foxnews should hear how it's being handled. I'm sure the Sheriff's office would love to have national publicity to demonstrate what a fine job they do....just a suggestion.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I thought you were going to get it corrected? the DA didn't drop it, did they? Shame they messed up on the back end cause that was a pretty good bust all things considered

I thought it was going to get corrected when I talked to Crawford the day I got the report downtown. He told me when I called him a few days later that the Col. gave him the OK to change the errors in the report. Then I get a call from Richard's sec. at the Sub telling me that Richard got a email about it but was on vacation. I told her the problem and that Crawford was supposed to be taking care of it. A few days later I get a call from THE Deputy about it. I told her that Crawford was taking care of it. She said he could open her report and change anything which I can understand since she has to go to court on it. I gave her my right name and address and asked why she didn't charge the guy that drove his truck on my property. She called me back the next night and told me that the boys had said the one was the only one that went on my property.

I told her that when I called them back that night to give them the description of the truck and the direction of travel I told the call taker that the truck came back and picked the guy up and drove on my place. That's when I turned on the 500w lights and they hauled ass.

She couldn't find that in the info she got from the dispatcher.

A few days later I called to speak to Sid still wanting to tell him thank you for putting the Sub out here and having Units in Pride all the time. He wasn't in so Phillis Ragusa called me back to see what I needed. I told her I wanted to thank Sid but I was disappointed in the way my call was done. She asked what happened so I told from the story from when they shot until I talked to her. She was very unhappy about it and said she was calling someone. I thanked her and the called ended. Later that day I got a call from IA he wanted to know what happened and I told him a little of it and he wanted to meet in a couple days at Central Sub. I said OK.
    The day I was to meet him Richard called me and said the IA guy was tied up with court and couldn't make it and wanted to know if I would meet with him. I said sure and went to Pride Sub to talk to him.

I never called Richard about it even with me knowing him for years and him being my neighbor. I thought it was going to be fixed when I talked to Crawford the day I got the report.

So I went and met with Richard, I told him my side and he had her report and I guess what they sent her on the CAD. He said nowhere in the paper work did it say that I said he drove the truck on my place.
    I told him I did in the second call that night. I told him I didn't call IA that Phillis said she was calling somebody.

They were supposed to get my name and address corrected and he explained that neither Crawford or the Col. could change any of the info the Deputy that wrote it had to. I told him I could understand that.

Richard is a friend and neighbor of mine so I didn't stir the pot anymore.

So jump to today and I get the call from the DA wanting to know if I wanted to still do the Criminal Trespass charge. I told her yes and told her most of the story. She said if it went to trial it would probably be in the summer.
    She said she sent me a letter wanting to know but the letter came back for some reason. I told her that's because the damn incompetent deputy screwed up everything, that my name wasn't DALE and I didn't live in Zachary.

I know a guy her in Pride that I've know since the 70's and he's friends with the "Deputy" he was at her house and she was telling him about the deer/dog killing. She told him he might know me and told him I was DALE. She told him where it happened and he said that's Bill not Dale that he didn't know anybody in Pride with my name and the first name DALE. (really there are on to other Gary & Darryl they are brothers and not related)
    She wouldn't even listen to my friend about what my name was.

Somebody at the PP probably really wants to get out on the road and they have a spot tied up with her in it.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I do have one piece of advice to LEO's ( I know our guys/girls on BS know better) when you talk to the person making the complaint and they ask you who the person is. Don't throw out a name and say "he said he's a friend of my son but don't let that influence you" especially if he's the one that you don't charge. It looks bad.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    What a clusterf. That's why the bad guys are still out to keep doing **** like this.

Well I hope that when they go to court in East Feliciana for killing the dog the DA & Judge up there does convict them BOTH of the felony they are charged and guilty of up there.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    In my opinion, the worst thing any parent can do is to constantly bail out their children when the child does something wrong. I know that as a parent, no one wants to see their child get a record or conviction which will stay with them for life.
    But at the same time....if a young kid never pays consequences...they keep pushing the line....Until one day they do something really, really bad. I think it would be best for the DA prosecute and then have a guilty plea under an article 893 or 894.

The problem is that no one wants to accept responsibility for their actions.

Top Bottom