Daves gun shop raided by atf in lafayette la

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    Noticed Lease Space Available signage out when passing by a couple weeks back. Sad to see Dave’s go; they’d been there forever, and only a handful of stores like it around here.

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Noticed Lease Space Available signage out when passing by a couple weeks back. Sad to see Dave’s go; they’d been there forever, and only a handful of stores like it around here.

And I'll be honest, they were our friends.

Something happened and it was a complete 180* change.

We wanted none of this. However we were brought into it and unfortunately we caught the brunt of their wrath.

I have done business there since I moved here in 2014 and was thrilled to get a job at my favorite shop.

We are as hurt by this as the rest of you folks that frequently visited.

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    And I'll be honest, they were our friends.

Something happened and it was a complete 180* change.

We wanted none of this. However we were brought into it and unfortunately we caught the brunt of their wrath.

I have done business there since I moved here in 2014 and was thrilled to get a job at my favorite shop.

We are as hurt by this as the rest of you folks that frequently visited.
    I still remember back when Dave still owned it. He might not have had hearing but man he was sharp with any firearm. Not sure when he decided to sell it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Jeremiah was always an odd one. I remember when I first met him at Dave's, he was carrying a Sig P226 with the hammer back. Keep in mind, this was a DA/SA variant with no safety that he just had in a non-retention holster with the hammer back. Then, I think there was a point in time when he wasn't allowed to work at the gun store for insurance reasons due to accidentally shooting a customer. At least I tend to recall him gone for quite some time after the incident and was shocked when I found out that he had purchased the store from Dave.

I know both of the dudes. That was a bad situation from what I heard.

ultrasonic

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    going to bump this to the top for the new folks

Jeremiah Micah Deare, 37, Sarah Elaine Fogle, 30, and Dave's Gunshop, LLC, a business owned by Deare, have been charged in an indictment with one count of conspiracy to engage in the business of dealing in firearms without a license, two counts of making false statements with respect to records of a licensed firearms dealer, and four counts of failure to file multiple sales reports. The indictment also seeks forfeiture of 619 firearms which were involved in the commission of these offenses.

The indictment alleges that on or about August 13, 2019, a compliance inspection was conducted at Dave's by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Dave's, through Deare, was warned for numerous violations, including failing to complete an ATF-4473 (1 time), failing to accurately keep acquisition and disposition records for dispositions (67 times), failing to accurately keep acquisition and disposition records for acquisitions (62 times), transferring firearms without having a final response from the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (2 times), inaccurate completion of ATF-4473 forms (111 times), and for missing firearms. The indictment alleges that, on that same day, the ATF investigator provided an Acknowledgment of Federal Firearms Regulations to inform Dave's and Deare of their responsibilities as a Federal Firearms License holder. The acknowledgment was signed by Deare acknowledging that he understood he was responsible for familiarizing himself with the laws and regulations governing the operation of Dave's.

The indictment further alleges that on September 19, 2019, Deare and Fogle attended an in-person warning conference at the ATF office in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, wherein the violations were discussed. Deare was provided the opportunity to comment on the violations and articulate the corrective actions that would be taken to ensure that future violations would not occur. The indictment also alleges that Deare and Fogle willfully engaged in the business of dealing in firearms without a license by buying and selling firearms without complying with the record keeping and background check requirements required by federal law. Deare and Fogle acquired large quantities of firearms and ammunition from estate sales and other means but would not document the firearms in Dave's Acquisition & Disposition Book as required by federal law. In addition, firearms brought to Dave's to be sold on consignment were not logged into Dave's Acquisition & Disposition Book and were not placed for sale at Dave's.

It is also alleged that Deare and Fogle kept firearms at their residence without logging them out of Dave's store inventory and would travel with the firearms to gun shows conducted at various locations in Louisiana and in other states. Deare and Fogle sold firearms at gun shows to non-Louisiana residents for which no ATF-4473 or background checks were ever completed. Their failure to conduct background checks resulted in the sales of firearms to prohibited persons, including convicted felons.

Additionally, the sales of firearms at gun shows outside the State of Louisiana were not done through a dealer licensed in the state where the gun show was conducted as required by law. The proceeds from the out-of-state gun sales of firearms were not included as revenue for Dave's, but instead Deare and Fogle used it for their own personal gain.

Last edited:

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I would like to see pics of those charged in the indictment. I bought from and sold to the gun shop a few times way back when Dave was still the owner. I am just curious as to who these two are and if they where at the shop when Dave still owned it. In my opinion, Dave was a good person and so was his wife.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I would like to see pics of those charged in the indictment. I bought from and sold to the gun shop a few times way back when Dave was still the owner. I am just curious as to who these two are and if they where at the shop when Dave still owned it. In my opinion, Dave was a good person and so was his wife.

The ATF would disagree with you. Also, his wife is banned from here for not playing by the rules.

Edit to add: I meant Jeremiah, not Dave.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    The ATF would disagree with you. Also, his wife is banned from here for not playing by the rules.
    Sour grapes on your part, just curious? Did you report her for not adhereing to the rules or did some one else do it? You seem to want to argue with anyone that is not in lockstep with your agenda. I met both Dave and his wife several times. They were both good people. I would trust them before you in a shtf situation since you have a chip on your shoulder! It is not about your agenda, it is about people than can be trusted and relied upon. So, his wife got banned from here because she did not meet your agenda or did she ruffle your feathers and expose and make you look like an imp with no purpose in life? Just wondering! You Sir are a real work of art. You and others accuse me of lying and I accuse you of a chip on your shoulder against others that are not are not willing to march in lockstep with your agenda! Please go peddal your BS elsewhere and take your butt kissers and yes men with you!

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sour grapes on your part, just curious? Did you report her for not adhereing to the rules or did some one else do it? You seem to want to argue with anyone that is not in lockstep with your agenda. I met both Dave and his wife several times. They were both good people. I would trust them before you in a shtf situation since you have a chip on your shoulder! It is not about your agenda, it is about people than can be trusted and relied upon. So, his wife got banned from here because she did not meet your agenda or did she ruffle your feathers and expose and make you look like an imp with no purpose in life? Just wondering! You Sir are a real work of art. You and others accuse me of lying and I accuse you of a chip on your shoulder against others that are not are not willing to march in lockstep with your agenda! Please go peddal your BS elsewhere and take your butt kissers and yes men with you!

If I remember correctly, she had multiple accounts and was spamming the forum with ads for her side hustle, ammo sales. I’m not 100% positive but I believe I was the one who did the actual banning.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    If I remember correctly, she had multiple accounts and was spamming the forum with ads for her side hustle, ammo sales. I’m not 100% positive but I believe I was the one who did the actual banning.

Okay, but I actually did meet her and Dave in person and to me they were both good people that could be trusted.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Okay, but I actually did meet her and Dave in person and to me they were both good people that could be trusted.

If I’m not mistaken, I may have also been the one that put the dots together as to the multiple accounts. If I go back and see for sure, are you going to apologize to the imp?

I’m sure they were good people to a lot of customers. And I’m sure a lot of people trusted them. That doesn’t make them honest people. It also doesn’t make them dishonest. Their integrity is independent of how you felt about them.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    If I’m not mistaken, I may have also been the one that put the dots together as to the multiple accounts. If I go back and see for sure, are you going to apologize to the imp?

I’m sure they were good people to a lot of customers. And I’m sure a lot of people trusted them. That doesn’t make them honest people. It also doesn’t make them dishonest. Their integrity is independent of how you felt about them.

So, you are claiming that Mrs Dave was doing things illegal on this forum? She may have broken the rules on this forum and you banned her but it does not mean that she was doing anything illegal. There is a definite difference on what goes on here on this forum and what is done out in the real world!

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    If I may, please forgive me before banning.

The ATF issues are not with the original owner Dave. They are with Jeremiah Deare who took over in 2015.

Source: I am one of the employees she bashed here as well as everywhere else.

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    So, you are claiming that Mrs Dave was doing things illegal on this forum? She may have broken the rules on this forum and you banned her but it does not mean that she was doing anything illegal. There is a definite difference on what goes on here on this forum and what is done out in the real world!

I believe there is a misunderstanding.

Dave and his wife sold Dave's to Jeremiah and Sarah Deare.

Dave has ZERO to do with current happenings.

It is Jeremiah and Sarah.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom