Does anyone know how SSI works?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Kind of off topic, but I've been noticing a trend that is starting to take off. Seems like a few families are starting to build these "family communes" as I liketo call it. Example... Joe turns 18 and wants his own place. Mom and dad haul a trailer in on their land and he now lives there. His brother and sister do the same thing. They never move our OR build a house on thaeir parents land. Pretty soon all of the sibblings have their trailers/houses dotted across the land. Maybe its just me, but I have no interest living that close to my parents, even if it is "free".

YUP I agree 100%

0904250455.jpg
    [/IMG]

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Kind of off topic, but I've been noticing a trend that is starting to take off. Seems like a few families are starting to build these "family communes" as I liketo call it. Example... Joe turns 18 and wants his own place. Mom and dad haul a trailer in on their land and he now lives there. His brother and sister do the same thing. They never move our OR build a house on thaeir parents land. Pretty soon all of the sibblings have their trailers/houses dotted across the land. Maybe its just me, but I have no interest living that close to my parents, even if it is "free".

Eh. We built a house next door to my parents with the every intention in the world that by living next door, they could enjoy their much later years at home instead of assisted living. The week before we moved in, they split up and both went on to new homes. I was young, idealic and while the thought was a loving one and may work if they hadn't split.... Someday I may appreciate being within three miles of both but..... I'd really like a nice buffer. I wouldn't say it's a mistake exactly but... My family is dysfunction junction. I harp on Jody to move me south all the time.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Eh. We built a house next door to my parents with the every intention in the world that by living next door, they could enjoy their much later years at home instead of assisted living. The week before we moved in, they split up and both went on to new homes. I was young, idealic and while the thought was a loving one and may work if they hadn't split.... Someday I may appreciate being within three miles of both but..... I'd really like a nice buffer. I wouldn't say it's a mistake exactly but... My family is dysfunction junction. I harp on Jody to move me south all the time.

Have seen too many parents cause a divorce and heckle their children day in and day out to ever do that. I admire your self-sacrificing attitude.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Have seen too many parents cause a divorce and heckle their children day in and day out to ever do that. I admire your self-sacrificing attitude.

In my case some days you can't tell if they divorced yesterday or nearly eight years ago. I do know I don't care WHAT reason Spec and I would divorce over but hell would freeze before I'm anything less than friendly terms for the sake of my kids. My parents apparently decided since their kids were adults, they didn't have to play nice with each other and the private reasons for their divorce didn't necessarily have to be private. If it can affect a 30+ year old, what in the hell does it do to young children when their parents are consistent in making each other's life hell...

I get a daily "you know what your ******* father did now?" phone call.

Sorry, that's off topic and I'd be ranting like a loon if I don't stop now.... One of those mornings already.

Last edited:

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    In my case some days you can't tell if they divorced yesterday or nearly eight years ago. I do know I don't care WHAT reason Spec and I would divorce over but hell would freeze before I'm anything less than friendly terms for the sake of my kids. My parents apparently decided since their kids were adults, they didn't have to play nice with each other and the private reasons for their divorce didn't necessarily have to be private. If it can affect a 30+ year old, what in the hell does it do to young children when their parents are consistent in making each other's life hell...

I get a daily "you know what your ******* father did now?" phone call.

Sorry, that's off topic and I'd be ranting like a loon if I don't stop now.... One of those mornings already.

sounds like they need a Facebook page

Top Bottom