Does anyone know how SSI works?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    my first choice would be to opt out and eventually close the programs.. but i would certainly move in a direction to where everybody is in charge of the money they put into it... let banks compete for taxpayer's money and if i want to put my taxes into a local bank or national chain, that would be up to me... this would be the end of the fractional reserve system, which the globablists arent in favor of....

True. However, Windsor makes a good point. There is not a shred of tangible data either of us have heard. No, not one, but thanks for the game plan. :chuckles:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

I totally agree but:

vsh0914l.jpg

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    Personally I don;t believe in SSI (or almost any other gov't program). You have a learning disorder. get a job and the check will come straight to you. It doesn;t take a genius to flip burgers or to change oil on a car. If you do one of these menial jobs for 60-80 hours a week you can make a living; then if you prove to be the best one at teh job you can get promoted and eventually live off of one job. No one is entitled to a check, I don;t care if you paid into teh system your whole life, its still unconstitutional and people need to stand up for the rule of law. Now I'm not advocating that we do away with Social Security overnight, but if you;re more than 20 years away from retirement TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. If you're young and colecting disability or some other foolishness, get a job. If you are truly unable to work, then charity can help you (I give generously to those organizations). The reason charity can;t do it by themselves right now is because too many people don;t want to work or refuse to do anything other than one specific job.

And before anyone attacks me you need to know this about me:

I refuse to take a handout of anysort. The one year I took out a loan for school I got a private loan not a government subsidized loan. The school didn;t even know how to process the paperwork because everyone is on the dole. The loan had a higher interest rate, NO hardship clause that allowed me to delay payment, and the rate is adjustable. It is no where near as good as what the gov't could have given me but I have principles. The one time I found myself layed off at a company I refused to take unemployment, becuase it's unconstitutional for the fed to mandate this. I lived off of savings for a few weeks and then when I couldn;t find a good paying job I took a minimum wage job with long hours to hold me over until I found something else with a better pay. Today, even though I work in the realestate field, I don;t own a house because I rfuse to take out a FHA loan or any loan that is baccked by fannie or freddie. It is taking me much long to save up the needed money to get a truly non-federal loan but to me the preservation of charecter and standing up for what one believes in stands above all else. I have walked the walk so I feel free to talk the talk.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Damn. All of these people getting SSI. No wonder it's going broke.

We get SSI for my step daughter because her biological father is on disability. He is a fraud and got some shady doc to write something up for him to get on disability. My wife says he has always been a mooch on the system. He doesnt pay child support and that $110 a month is all we get.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Personally I don;t believe in SSI (or almost any other gov't program). You have a learning disorder. get a job and the check will come straight to you. It doesn;t take a genius to flip burgers or to change oil on a car. If you do one of these menial jobs for 60-80 hours a week you can make a living; then if you prove to be the best one at teh job you can get promoted and eventually live off of one job. No one is entitled to a check, I don;t care if you paid into teh system your whole life, its still unconstitutional and people need to stand up for the rule of law. Now I'm not advocating that we do away with Social Security overnight, but if you;re more than 20 years away from retirement TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. If you're young and colecting disability or some other foolishness, get a job. If you are truly unable to work, then charity can help you (I give generously to those organizations). The reason charity can;t do it by themselves right now is because too many people don;t want to work or refuse to do anything other than one specific job.

And before anyone attacks me you need to know this about me:

I refuse to take a handout of anysort. The one year I took out a loan for school I got a private loan not a government subsidized loan. The school didn;t even know how to process the paperwork because everyone is on the dole. The loan had a higher interest rate, NO hardship clause that allowed me to delay payment, and the rate is adjustable. It is no where near as good as what the gov't could have given me but I have principles. The one time I found myself layed off at a company I refused to take unemployment, becuase it's unconstitutional for the fed to mandate this. I lived off of savings for a few weeks and then when I couldn;t find a good paying job I took a minimum wage job with long hours to hold me over until I found something else with a better pay. Today, even though I work in the realestate field, I don;t own a house because I rfuse to take out a FHA loan or any loan that is baccked by fannie or freddie. It is taking me much long to save up the needed money to get a truly non-federal loan but to me the preservation of charecter and standing up for what one believes in stands above all else. I have walked the walk so I feel free to talk the talk.

I will get a job, if I can find one, and kind of need this to pay the bills, as mom makes barely enough to pay the bills and feed us. We do not live as poor men, but life is not lavish and easy. That money keeps gas in the tank. It pays the rent. It pays for the utilities. If I could safely get out if it and not owe a lot of people money, I would. Hopefully, I will make enough money to be booted out; that is my ultimate desire- TO LEAVE SSI/D. No plans on paying into SS either.

Last edited:

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    We get SSI for my step daughter because her biological father is on disability. He is a fraud and got some shady doc to write something up for him to get on disability. My wife says he has always been a mooch on the system. He doesnt pay child support and that $110 a month is all we get.

Sorry that happened to y'all, dude.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I understand that, and I agree. However, that's his talent. That's his gift. However, I have a Masters in Health and Wellness Promotion. Ever since I could read, I was was obsessed with the human body and the effects of medicine. So what should I do? "TEACH!" Most people say. Yeah, any time I applied for a position fitting my qualifications, I show up with an interpreter, then they would later tell me the position has been filled. I just got so frustrated and sick and tired of it. I've adapted to life to what I CAN afford and now I am debt free and happy.

I just took my life into my own hands, is all. I truely am happy with the way life has turned out in the last six months. Sometimes I actually wonder if this was God's will.

Damn Dave you didn't strike me as a quitter, I feel bad for you now maybe we should raise money to help you out with ammo. Holy cow I just had to slap the **** out of myself. Dave you sound like you have given up and accepted your handicap, do you park up front by the front door in those pretty blue parking spots? There are plenty people out there working with disabilities, they actually want to work and not rely on someone else, they didn't give up and would not give up, they didn't take acceptance to there disability/handicap, they decided to do what ever is necessary to do what they wanted. I would never give up on what makes you who you are.

My father had a stroke earlier this year, it was a bad one. Lost sight in his right eye, mobility on his right arm and leg, he's 63 and the doctor said he might be too old and set in his ways to start learning how to do everything with his left hand. Well almost a year later my father has worked and regained most of the strength and motion in his right arm, worked with Therapist and got his speech together and walks with out any canes or other help, hell he drives short distances I his own now. But I'm sure he could have gave up and said f'it I'll accept this and sit at home and do nothing, but that would probably kill him. He don't know what it is to give up, he raised me and my brother on his own I don't think the man honestly knows what it's like for things to be easy and will not have it that way.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    So I guess I need so start saving money so I can retire one day since im only 21...

Yep. I've been beating the drum continually that those of us with a military retirement, social insecurity etc... Need to understand that no matter what we want... It's insolvent and cannot be sustained.

They MUST be reduced or they will fail catastrophically.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom