Don’t be like This Guy!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plw8

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    Covington

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    As a Conservative I understand full-well what it is to be disgusted by and with the current administration but I am not the type of person to make threats. Doing so is stupid and irrational, in my opinion.
    I will, though, "question" why those that made threats toward Trump got off scott-free.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    As a Conservative I understand full-well what it is to be disgusted by and with the current administration but I am not the type of person to make threats. Doing so is stupid and irrational, in my opinion.
    I will, though, "question" why those that made threats toward Trump got off scott-free.
    Who made threats to kill trump and was armed when the fbi showed up?

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Better question is why the FBI never pursued those that made the threats (unless they did but it never made news, which I doubt).

Only threats against the right I remember that ended up with charges was a guy made threats against Lauren Boebert and was charged with 5 felonies.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    There were many threats made against Trump. FBI never pursued those threats. This guy that was killed, from all indications, seems a lot like the folks on this very forum, law-abiding, hardworking, god-fearing people. The man was spouting off as is his right. He didn't seem to have the ability to carry out those threats, and I agree, it was stupid to write those things, but it wasn't reason for him to die.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    There were many threats made against Trump. FBI never pursued those threats. This guy that was killed, from all indications, seems a lot like the folks on this very forum, law-abiding, hardworking, god-fearing people. The man was spouting off as is his right. He didn't seem to have the ability to carry out those threats, and I agree, it was stupid to write those things, but it wasn't reason for him to die.

How do you know it was never pursued? Do you know this guy? Were you there to see if he was armed or not? I get not trusting the govt...trust me...i really do understand it but you cant just come up with things because of your emotions.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    How do you know it was never pursued? Do you know this guy? Were you there to see if he was armed or not? I get not trusting the govt...trust me...i really do understand it but you cant just come up with things because of your emotions.
    It wasn't pursued based on many congressional investigations of it. I'm not emotional about it, but maybe you are.

How do you know anything more than the rest of us? Were you there? How do you know I'm wrong?

You have these agencies being proven over and over to be dishonest and overreaching enforcing the laws so it's not hard to draw conclusion. His own neighbors said he was a decent guy that might have spouted off something he shouldn't have but that he was harmless and shouldn't have been killed for it.

What about the fact that these agencies and the DOJ have labeled concerned parents, Christians, and whites as terrorists, and the biggest terrorist threat this nation faces?

You don't think it could have been handled better?

With all that has been shown of the FBI and other government agencies as of late it's really not hard to see this as another fiasco by an out-of-control government agency.

When you have a 76 year old overweight out of shape man who has for all of his life been a law-abiding citizen gunned down at his home by trained professional gunmen, that sends up a red flag in my book.

You don't like my opinion that's too bad. Don't read it and respond. I don't have to prove anything to you.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    It wasn't pursued based on many congressional investigations of it. I'm not emotional about it, but maybe you are.

How do you know anything more than the rest of us? Were you there? How do you know I'm wrong?

You have these agencies being proven over and over to be dishonest and overreaching enforcing the laws so it's not hard to draw conclusion. His own neighbors said he was a decent guy that might have spouted off something he shouldn't have but that he was harmless and shouldn't have been killed for it.

What about the fact that these agencies and the DOJ have labeled concerned parents, Christians, and whites as terrorists, and the biggest terrorist threat this nation faces?

You don't think it could have been handled better?

With all that has been shown of the FBI and other government agencies as of late it's really not hard to see this as another fiasco by an out-of-control government agency.

When you have a 76 year old overweight out of shape man who has for all of his life been a law-abiding citizen gunned down at his home by trained professional gunmen, that sends up a red flag in my book.

You don't like my opinion that's too bad. Don't read it and respond. I don't have to prove anything to you.

I didn't mean the emotional part to offend you and direct it at you. Like i said.. I understand the distrust of the government. Tbh.. We all have opinions and we all can respond. No reason to get mad about it.

76yo and over weight doesn't mean much. If he freaked out and grabbed a gun. Could it have been handled better? Probably and knowing how the government works.. Im sure it could have.

The govt has labeled many groups as terrorists but they weren't stopped when it was happening to others.....it was actually encouraged.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I didn't mean the emotional part to offend you and direct it at you. Like i said.. I understand the distrust of the government. Tbh.. We all have opinions and we all can respond. No reason to get mad about it.

76yo and over weight doesn't mean much. If he freaked out and grabbed a gun. Could it have been handled better? Probably and knowing how the government works.. Im sure it could have.

The govt has labeled many groups as terrorists but they weren't stopped when it was happening to others.....it was actually encouraged.
    I don't have a problem at all with respectful disagreement. You made statements that seemed to make it personal. I'm not here to argue back and forth with you or anyone else, but when you post, "were you there", "do you know this guy", "did you know if he was armed or not?" "no need to get emotional" it becomes more of a personal attack than honest discussion.

I compare this action to the video of the old lady being disarmed after Katrina. Do you remember that? The old lady couldn't have weighed 90lbs. when she showed her pistol to a room full of police, an over aggressive 300lb+ cop tackles the woman in an effort to disarm her, all while standing in her kitchen where she was lawfully allowed to be with a lawfully owned weapon in a grid down environment.

All I know is that an old man is dead. Everyone that knew him said he was harmless.

It's being reported over and over that the federal agencies are not working in the best interest of the people they serve, (The American Citizen).

It was warranted against "others"!

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    This was a post from Manimal in another thread!

"What do you think about the FBI agent throwing a Flash Bang near his team, clearly in the video, which apparently may have caused the whole FBI team to mag dump into Utah guy?

75yrs old, 350lbs, walked with a cane, was known for making wheelchair ramps for his neighbors (with help), and was essentially homebound. His wife is dead and he was the caretaker for his blind adult son. He was apparently a loved and respected member of his LDS community and neighborhood.

He made posts that very clearly would cause FBI to knock, but apparently he had a 10yr record of making the same kind of posts about other politicians...with never a knock.

They drug his body out of his house and into the street, in front of all the neighbors, and "tried to resuscitate" but his body was completely riddled with bullets. Then they left his body there for hours for everyone to see as it drained of blood into the street.

FBI followed him to church the day before and then followed him home, but rather than stopping him at either place they raided at 6:15am and in full force.

It seems like a message to me...."

Last edited:

IBWP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Monroe, LA

Rman

Free on weekends
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    City of Central
    Ah yes. The elephant in the room...

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    According to this article Craig pointed a .357 at FBI agents and agents returned fire. If true it sounds like suicide by fed. Not a lot of detail yet.
    Of course they will say he pulled a gun or pointed a gun. They have to justify his murder. They gunned the man down in his home for basically no reason at all.

They could have arrested that man anywhere besides his home. They knew he had weapons in his home. They chose to kill that man and make an example out him.

Our government is out of control.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    They have to justify his murder.
    He was killed. It’s yet to be proved he was murdered. If they clearly announced FBI or come out with your hands up and he points a revolver at them then he is at the mercy of their training & restraint.
    If the FBI kicked in his door at 5 am without announcing themself, and he protects his home with a revolver and they shoot him, then it’s murder.
    Let’s wait to get video or more evidence before blaming a murder on the FBI.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    He was killed. It’s yet to be proved he was murdered. If they clearly announced FBI or come out with your hands up and he points a revolver at them then he is at the mercy of their training & restraint.
    If the FBI kicked in his door at 5 am without announcing themself, and he protects his home with a revolver and they shoot him, then it’s murder.
    Let’s wait to get video or more evidence before blaming a murder on the FBI.
    I respect your position.

I'm not changing my opinion. The FBI is no longer an honorable organization, they have allowed themselves to become a weapon of the deep state.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Shadow government, in other words.
    Fortunately their power isn't secure.
    I'm usually not overly concerned with things like this but lately it just seems this could be any law-abiding citizen that might voice their frustration.

When you have government agencies that start writing laws and interpreting laws anyway they choose, attempting to make millions of law-abiding gun owners criminals it's time to be concerned.

When the DOJ has obviously become political weapon, it's time to be concerned.

I'm a rational easy-going person but something like this is very alarming.

Top Bottom