Downside of Neighborhood watch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    ABC is on the surface questioning the po po...but I'd guess if there wasn't a citizen with a gun in the mix ABC wouldn't be involved.

What ever the reasons and outcomes this is really sad.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighborho...-probe-reveals-questionable/story?id=15907136

ABC News has uncovered questionable police conduct in the investigation of the fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager by a white neighborhood watch captain in Florida, including the alleged "correction" of at least one eyewitness' account.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If he would of listen to the dispatcher and stayed in his car the kid wouldn't be on top of him whipping his ass.
    I remember a few years ago visiting family in Ohio and I got confronted by a neighborhood watch guy and this dude interrogated the crap out of me untill he backed of once my uncle came over.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Maybe the young guy thought the big guy was gonna rob, kill, beat, him. Who knows. The big guy should have stayed in his car, let the PD check it out.

It's gonna be a mess.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    From the standpoint of a parent, I would be equally distraught. Who knows what really happened to make this kid fight with the neighborhood watch guy. ABC's slanting of the whole thing pisses me off, though.

"Do you feel that if your son was white that he would have been shot?"

"Does having a concealed permit give someone the right to shoot a 17 year-old boy?"

Also, what did this kid look like now? All the pictures they have shown is of him 14/15 and younger.

Either way, if it were my son, I'd want retribution (fortunately, my son is only 4 and so far I can't imagine him doing anything wrong). And if I didn't get retribution legally, I'd handout whatever justice I deemed worthy.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    You think ABCs slant is bad, a few days ago I registered at change.org and signed a petition for a gentleman on this site, well, a little while ago I got an email asking me to sign a petition to arrest this man...no mention of the fight. My first thought after reading their version was that there had to be more to the story.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    You think ABCs slant is bad, a few days ago I registered at change.org and signed a petition for a gentleman on this site, well, a little while ago I got an email asking me to sign a petition to arrest this man...no mention of the fight. My first thought after reading their version was that there had to be more to the story.

I have recieved a barrage of junk mail asking my to sign a bunch of liberal petitions since signing into that site.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

This is a bad situation and there will be no winners. That said ABC's slant bringing black and white into this is certainly obvious. There is enough racism with out ABC stirring the pot. I wonder if it was the opposite would it do the same? Me thinks not.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Got this ( OP ) from email...looked into it thru some search engines...found several accounts. IDK...just wanted to make everyone aware cus, well truth be known ...I do not trust any media news

Over time I guess a compilation of evidence will tell the story...but no matter, it will be used to make watch groups and CHL guys look like vigilantes with an agenda

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    This is a bad situation and there will be no winners. That said ABC's slant bringing black and white into this is certainly obvious. There is enough racism with out ABC stirring the pot. I wonder if it was the opposite would it do the same? Me thinks not.

When has a black guy ever shot a white guy?

Don't be silly.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Maybe the young guy thought the big guy was gonna rob, kill, beat, him. Who knows. The big guy should have stayed in his car, let the PD check it out.

It's gonna be a mess.

I agree with Jim. "Running down a suspect" is NOT any part of a neighborhood watch group's normal activities !

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA

Yeah a link to the petition just passed through my Facebook feed. She probably won't like my response.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Yet public records showed that Zimmerman was charged with battery against on officer and resisting arrest in 2005, a charge which was later expunged.

Uhhhh. What? Might be one of those things like the court website where I use to live in FL. It keeps everything on file forever, but what is the point of an expungement then?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom