Downside of Neighborhood watch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Yet public records showed that Zimmerman was charged with battery against on officer and resisting arrest in 2005, a charge which was later expunged.

Uhhhh. What? Might be one of those things like the court website where I use to live in FL. It keeps everything on file forever, but what is the point of an expungement then?

Sounds like he has buddies in the right places.

Hope he's charged with murder.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Nevermind the fact that the kid was top of him, beating him. He was a good boy.

What do you expect? It's raining, maybe dark, you are walking down the street, you have a hood on trying to keep dry and someone walks up and accosts you (he is obviously not LEO)...... what are you going to do?

I'm sorry, but right now it sounds like the guy escalated something that didn't need to be escalated. He should probably be charged with at least involuntary manslaughter. He created a situation that resulted in the death of a child.

Zimmerman's expunged record and leaving to chase Martin after dispatch instructed him not to, might indicate that he is a hot head.

IMO, on the surface, this IS one of those cases that supports the belief that racisim is still an issue in this country. Additionally, Zimmerman appears to be the kind of guy that gives gun owners a bad name.
    :eek3:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Looks bad, from the surface. Although I wasn't there, it sounds like it was avoidable- whatever confrontation took place.

I agree with Mjolnir; all the ingredients are there.....There will certainly be those who will get a lot of mileage out of this....:(

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Yeah, definitely bad, IMO. Dude should fry for this.

I know that if I'm 17, walking alone back to my parent's/grandparent's/uncle's/aunt's/whomever's house, and some weird dude starts following me in the rain, I'm not going to just give up and LET him take me down. That's bull crap to even think this kid should have just let someone he didn't know attack and kill him, even if that wasn't Zimmerman's intentions, even though the sound of the police call, he had EVERY intention of harming this kid. "These a..holes always get away." Are you serious?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You guys are glazing over the original intent of this story; they (ABC news), are reporting alleged police misconduct (code name for cover-up).

This is the angle they want! They want to indict the police for aiding the white guy that shot the poor black guy.;)

The watch captain is a douche! He will probably go down.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    We used to live on a dead end street that almost cut the corner of Starring Lane and Perkins Road in BR. The dead end near Starring was right across the street from a Popeye's and the other end at Perkins was near a convenience store. It would have been like playing Zombie Gunship on my phone if I would have confronted and/or shot every suspicious-looking black person walking down my street. Sometimes a little discretion goes a long way.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You guys are glazing over the original intent of this story; they (ABC news), are reporting alleged police misconduct (code name for cover-up).

This is the angle they want! They want to indict the police for aiding the white guy that shot the poor black guy.;)

The guy wasn't arrested after he followed a kid taking a walk, got into a fight with him, and killed him. I wonder why they think the police might be aiding in some kind of cover up? He should be behind bars.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

Well, it honestly seems the case is leaning that way just from the facts. Zimmerman (who was armed) chases down someone to confront him..... Aren't we always supposed to de-escalate when we can while armed? The kid did not pose any threat to anyone until, Zimmerman started the confrontation. I really would expect the guy to be arrested at least until they figure things out.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Neighborhood watch guy should have stayed in his car from what information is there. I don't think it will be a good shoot.

Specially not for the dead kid. Holy cow! This Zimmerman character sounds a lot like the guy who used to live down the street from me who was always trying to whip the neighborhood up into organizing to resist this or that threat. He just wanted to be important to somebody.

Tate

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    If this guy doesn't go down for murder then this is one ****ed up story. Any cops that are helping him to shore up a shady story should be removed, as well. I know if I'm walking down the street late at night and some over-zealous neighborhood watch comes after me he better shoot me before I shoot him. He absolutely WILL NOT be taking me down to detain me while we wait for the cops. This is the kind of guy that gives responsible gun owners a bad rap.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    If this guy doesn't go down for murder then this is one ****ed up story. Any cops that are helping him to shore up a shady story should be removed, as well. I know if I'm walking down the street late at night and some over-zealous neighborhood watch comes after me he better shoot me before I shoot him. He absolutely WILL NOT be taking me down to detain me while we wait for the cops. This is the kind of guy that gives responsible gun owners a bad rap.

Boy howdy!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Are you sure they're wrong?

Not saying anything particular about that. I was noticing the thread drifting a bit. But knowing these scum in the phony journalism world, that's the angle they want.

The conclusion to this, whether good or bad; will not even be followed up on by these hate monger/s**t stirrers at ABC.

What is most disturbing to me about almost all of these liars in the perverted news media is they are quick to condemn and sensationalize the story as it happens, add their pathetic slanted commentary, and never follow up a year later when the cases/incidents are concluded; even if the initial reports are totally wrong.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    We used to live on a dead end street that almost cut the corner of Starring Lane and Perkins Road in BR. The dead end near Starring was right across the street from a Popeye's and the other end at Perkins was near a convenience store. It would have been like playing Zombie Gunship on my phone if I would have confronted and/or shot every suspicious-looking black person walking down my street. Sometimes a little discretion goes a long way.

Zombie gunship is the SH!t haha

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Not saying anything particular about that. I was noticing the thread drifting a bit. But knowing these scum in the phony journalism world, that's the angle they want.

The conclusion to this, whether good or bad; will not even be followed up on by these hate monger/s**t stirrers at ABC.

What is most disturbing to me about almost all of these liars in the perverted news media is they are quick to condemn and sensationalize the story as it happens, add their pathetic slanted commentary, and never follow up a year later when the cases/incidents are concluded; even if the initial reports are totally wrong.

While I agree to an extent, there's a big difference between the media creating a story, and the media simply taking advantage of a story. I think this is the latter case. Of course they made it sound racist, because it is.

And I usually wait to get all the facts before commenting, but in this case there's nothing the dead kid could have done that would have made the wannabe cop's actions justified. The dude ****ed up, plain and simple. Throw in the fact that the police didn't even consider pressing charges, and it's hard to not to agree with the article.

To automatically discredit (or credit) news based solely on the source is foolish. Unless we're talking about WND or Info Wars of course. ;)

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    You think ABCs slant is bad, a few days ago I registered at change.org and signed a petition for a gentleman on this site, well, a little while ago I got an email asking me to sign a petition to arrest this man...no mention of the fight. My first thought after reading their version was that there had to be more to the story.

I got one too. Everytime I check my inbox I have multiple emails from them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom