Downside of Neighborhood watch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    While I agree to an extent, there's a big difference between the media creating a story, and the media simply taking advantage of a story. I think this is the latter case. Of course they made it sound racist, because it is.

And I usually wait to get all the facts before commenting, but in this case there's nothing the dead kid could have done that would have made the wannabe cop's actions justified. The dude ****ed up, plain and simple. Throw in the fact that the police didn't even consider pressing charges, and it's hard to not to agree with the article.

To automatically discredit (or credit) news based solely on the source is foolish. Unless we're talking about WND or Info Wars of course. ;)

Total agreement. My response was mostly opiniated in nature. My disdain for phony journalism is sincere however!

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    martin/zimmerman case

I would have thought this would be more high profile around here since it involves abuse of neighborhood watch and police inaction. We don't know all the facts, of course, but it seems like this guy, zimmerman, was over protective or paranoid and was looking for a reason to confront someone. what has been disclosed is that he chased the kid who was visiting the gated community with his parents, accused him of being on drugs and up to no good without any probable cause whatsoever, fought and shot him, then pleaded self defense. kid was unarmed and was just walking back to his family's home after getting some snacks at the store. police have yet to arrest the guy. the article says "The government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a person acted intentionally and with the specific intent to do something which the law forbids. Negligence, recklessness, mistakes and accidents are not prosecutable under the federal criminal civil rights laws." under this reasoning, couldn't i chase anyone down and kill him and say it was self defense? it's been days since this kid was killed. i'd expect a lot more headway in this case.

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin...-teen-death-recounts-063243901--abc-news.html

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    If you live to be old,you should always remember these 3 things !!!!

1. It isn't what you know but who you know !!..

2. I feared for my life,and had no choice.

3. A dead man wont be at the trial !!!

Moondew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    BR
    Ya mean Zimmermann didn't "throw down" a deadly "Skittle Shooter" to prove self defense? :(

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    News reported that there is a petition to get the shooter arrested?!? :doh: A month later?

Of course this could only mean, the cops must be covering up, the DA must be his dad, the grand jury must have slept in that day; yadda, yadda, yadda.

Now Eric "Justice for my black brothers" Holder is going to slither down there to take a look. Be looking for Al "**** stirrer" Sharpton and Jesse "Jackass" Jackson to think it's worthwhile to take a trip to Florida one month after, now that it has news legs. F'n phony's!

Wow, I guess that new "Take a stand" law they just enacted must surely be discriminatory.:dunno:

Again, :doh:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    News reported that there is a petition to get the shooter arrested?!? :doh: A month later?

Of course this could only mean, the cops must be covering up, the DA must be his dad, the grand jury must have slept in that day; yadda, yadda, yadda.

Now Eric "Justice for my black brothers" Holder is going to slither down there to take a look. Be looking for Al "**** stirrer" Sharpton and Jesse "Jackass" Jackson to think it's worthwhile to take a trip to Florida one month after, now that it has news legs. F'n phony's!

Wow, I guess that new "Take a stand" law they just enacted must surely be discriminatory.:dunno:

Or Herr Zimmerman has protection from his own... OBVIOUSLY.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not saying anything particular about that. I was noticing the thread drifting a bit. But knowing these scum in the phony journalism world, that's the angle they want.

The conclusion to this, whether good or bad; will not even be followed up on by these hate monger/s**t stirrers at ABC.

What is most disturbing to me about almost all of these liars in the perverted news media is they are quick to condemn and sensationalize the story as it happens, add their pathetic slanted commentary, and never follow up a year later when the cases/incidents are concluded; even if the initial reports are totally wrong.
    Quick? How long ago did this happen?

ZIMMERMAN. Aint Scots-Irish, mate. There's your clue. Now run with it.

Moondew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    BR

Honestly.... ask yourself,

How would YOU feel if your son or daughter was followed and challenged by someone if they were just walking in your neighborhood to the Sonic, snoball stand or convienience store, etc and ended up dead (shot)? With the only witness able to make up whatever story they desire?

Have you ever been followed in a business, street or stopped by the police apparently just because of the way you look?
    :mad::eek3:

"Stand your ground" laws should not apply to an individual who apparently went against police advise to challenge the teenager. G.Z. seems to have been the aggressor, there has been no reports of a crime having been committed or imminent by this teenager.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish

Do you think this victim doesn't deserve justice because he's black? I'm confused.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Do you think this victim doesn't deserve justice because he's black? I'm confused.

Seems like a "friend of my enemy" situation. I don't like Eirc Holder or Al Sharpton any more than the next guy, but that doesn't mean they are always wrong. Some people just can't see beyond their own line in the sand.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Or Herr Zimmerman has protection from his own... OBVIOUSLY.

Quick? How long ago did this happen?

ZIMMERMAN. Aint Scots-Irish, mate. There's your clue. Now run with it.

Honestly.... ask yourself,

How would YOU feel if your son or daughter was followed and challenged by someone if they were just walking in your neighborhood to the Sonic, snoball stand or convienience store, etc and ended up dead (shot)? With the only witness able to make up whatever story they desire?

Have you ever been followed in a business, street or stopped by the police apparently just because of the way you look?
    :mad::eek3:

Seriously? Do you guys have to have it dissected to that degree?

It's a month old already. When it happened, no one heard of this incident. Now that the story has legs, the phony's are oozing out of the woodwork to jump on board. If the shooter wasn't arrested a month ago, why in the f**k should he be arrested now just because the media is pushing the story?

I couldn't care less about ANY of the participants in this story, but the fact that some of you guys seem to have all the answers by what the media is reporting a month later is a liitle premature, don't cha think?

If you think the cops, the DA, the citizens of Florida, and the Florida AG got it wrong by not charging the shooter; can you at least give the process time to come to a conclusive end? If the dead guy was wrongfully shot, then the shooter needs to do time. But if you want Eric Holder to go behind EVERY state investigation because the media says so, just elect the Pretender again.

Holy hell, I would hate to have some of you on a jury for me.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

It's a month old already. When it happened, no one heard of this incident. Now that the story has legs, the phony's are oozing out of the woodwork to jump on board. If the shooter wasn't arrested a month ago, why in the f**k should he be arrested now just because the media is pushing the story?

I couldn't care less about ANY of the participants in this story, but the fact that some of you guys seem to have all the answers by what the media is reporting a month later is a liitle premature, don't cha think?

If you think the cops, the DA, the citizens of Florida, and the Florida AG got it wrong by not charging the shooter; can you at least give the process time to come to a conclusive end? If the dead guy was wrongfully shot, then the shooter needs to do time. But if you want Eric Holder to go behind EVERY state investigation because the media says so, just elect the Pretender again.

You seem to be the only one jumping to conclusions. The rest of "us" are just interested in the outcome, and not going to sway my current opinion just because the media and Holder are involved.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish

Because he got away with it for a month we should shut up and leave things alone? Unarmed child shot and killed by an unofficial neighborhood watch wannabe violating at least two rules of neighborhood watch, AND ignoring the instructions of the 911 caller to not follow the child? Shouldn't the guy at least be HELD pending the outcome of the investigation?

Moondew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    BR
    Personally I read in a Fla paper about the incident the day after it happened (Orlando Sentinel, I think). I'm surprised it seemed to be buried by most except to the family of the victim. Very slow for the "word" to spread about it though.

Don't know the "mindset" of the police, DA etc of the area and don't understand necessarily why Zimmermann was apparently not tested for drugs/ alcohol etc like the victim was. I would assume that a complete investigation would be necessary. information seems to be still be creeping out. If Fla authorities will not take action or make a conclusion, to alleviate any suspicion of local "cover up or incomplete investigation, an outside review may be sometimes needed. There is no foregone decision as to whether it is justified as yet.

On the other hand it doesn't look good overall for legit, responsible firearms owners who are also interested in the revision of laws and national reciprosity enactments involving right to carry and CCW rights. WHy give any anti-gun activists any "ammo"?

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You seem to be the only one jumping to conclusions. The rest of "us" are just interested in the outcome, and not going to sway my current opinion just because the media and Holder are involved.

I think my statements are pretty open ended. particularly the sentence about the shooter going down if it turns out he's guilty of something. But, based on what is out there now, they had best bring down the department heads that let it slide all the way up to Florida's AG; IF IT IS PROVEN HE DID SOMETHING WRONG!

Because he got away with it for a month we should shut up and leave things alone? Unarmed child shot and killed by an unofficial neighborhood watch wannabe violating at least two rules of neighborhood watch, AND ignoring the instructions of the 911 caller to not follow the child? Shouldn't the guy at least be HELD pending the outcome of the investigation?

Got away with what? You want to believe that EVERYONE in the Florida legal system is in on a cover up to kill people using the state's BRAND NEW; "Stand Your Ground Law"?

Come on, man.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Personally I read in a Fla paper about the incident the day after it happened (Orlando Sentinel, I think). I'm surprised it seemed to be buried by most except to the family of the victim. Very slow for the "word" to spread about it though.

Don't know the "mindset" of the police, DA etc of the area and don't understand necessarily why Zimmermann was apparently not tested for drugs/ alcohol etc like the victim was. I would assume that a complete investigation would be necessary. information seems to be still be creeping out. If Fla authorities will not take action or make a conclusion, to alleviate any suspicion of local "cover up or incomplete investigation, an outside review may be sometimes needed. There is no foregone decision as to whether it is justified as yet.

On the other hand it doesn't look good overall for legit, responsible firearms owners who are also interested in the revision of laws and national reciprosity enactments involving right to carry and CCW rights. WHy give any anti-gun activists any "ammo"?

Thank You!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom