Dude blew up his 629

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    123   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    A buddy of mine who is a Deputy Sheriff in Cali sent me this. He said that a guy walked in to their department and wanted a favor of disposing of a gun. He said the guy had a huge gash in his forehead. Apparently this guy went to the range to test his new reloads and bad things occurred. This is why I always measure all of my 44 mag loads. Dude is lucky he didn't loose any fingers or get hurt badly.

DSC_7447_resize2.jpg

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Loading magnums with fast powder can result in this end. There is not enough case capacity to double charge with slow burning powder and seat a bullet. Powder will overflow the case and you should notice it. A double charge of 231 or Unique can go unnoticed if you are not a careful loader make this kind of mess.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    He needs a Freedom Arms. With that kind of damage, I suspect a Redhawk would have had issues too (although maybe not to the same degree).

Yeah- you're probably right... Freedom Arms is a fine gun.....plus- they have a Louisiana connection!

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I can't believe that it seemed to have ignited the powder in those other two cartridges that seem to be exploded outward.

This makes me glad that I use WIN 296 for .44. A double charge of that would definitely overflow.

I hate to see a smith blown up, though.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Yeah I'm pretty sure.....my sis-in-law's brother is friends with the guys you're talking about....(the Incognito Ranch folks).....

I thought he was in MS. He has 1 of 2 .454 Casull Gatling Guns (Pat Taylor had the other). Pretty cool toy but a bit expensive to shoot. He also has (or had) an extensive collection of lever guns.

I was pretty good friends with the Bakers who owned FA. I met Dale through Pat T. and the Bakers. Dale owes me an axis deer hunt from a SCI banquet many many years ago.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I thought he was in MS. He has 1 of 2 .454 Casull Gatling Guns (Pat Taylor had the other). Pretty cool toy but a bit expensive to shoot. He also has (or had) an extensive collection of lever guns.

I was pretty good friends with the Bakers who owned FA. I met Dale through Pat T. and the Bakers. Dale owes me an axis deer hunt from a SCI banquet many many years ago.

Cool....I'd cash in on that Axis Deer IOU if I were you!

BTW, my sis-in-law's brother Eddie is friends with Bart Anderson- I'm pretty sure that's Dale's son (?)....Hell, I may have the names reversed, but yes- those are the guys....

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Cool....I'd cash in on that Axis Deer IOU if I were you!

BTW, my sis-in-law's brother Eddie is friends with Bart Anderson- I'm pretty sure that's Dale's son (?)....Hell, I may have the names reversed, but yes- those are the guys....

Bart is the son.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jonah95
    Top Bottom