Edited due to e-stalking by Vanilla Gorilla

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    I think the $12 burger is becoming the norm. Past two times I've stopped for a burger, roadside stand in Crystal Beach and Angelle's in Breaux Bridge (awesome burgers!) it's been $10+ with fries and a drink.

My wife has a thing about not wanting to walk out, not me, done it in the past and won't think twice if I have a reason, after waiting 15-20 mins it's amazing how fast they get the bill to you when you're headed for the door. I hate Chilis, Applebees, etc.. with a passion it's McDonalds with a wait staff, and Outback, Lonestar, Roadhouse, etc.. I can cook a better steak at the house, same for the high end places like Ruth Chris, just not impressed, If I go out I want something I won't/can't cook myself, one of my favorite restaurants is chez jacqueline here in Breaux Bridge, stay off the tourist side of the menu, the french stuff is great, me and the wife had veal and rabbit last time was great, going back this weekend too, got to try her glazed duck.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    We will find out in a few weeks. They are opening a Red Lobster in front of the Mall of Louisiana

Red Lobster was here in the '80s. My mother liked to go there until I took her to Mike Anderson's. I had a bad meal at MA one time. The food took forever to come, really forever. They apologized and I didn't have to pay. They told me the next time I came to call ahead and they would reserve a table, which they did along with a complementary liter of wine.

I hear more and more people liking a particular restaurant because of the portion size. It seems to me the standards of the eating public are going down.

Used to be the topic of conversation at work on Monday mornings was where and what you ate over the weekend.

Me, I like Rama and Pocorello's.
    :ohreally:

Last edited:

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    CHEFS? At Olive Garden, Applebee's, Outback, Ryans, etc.?

Don't you mean exaggerated fry cooks?

Want to eat at a restaurant with a chef? Support local businesses!

^^^^^^^THIS. The wife and I basically avoid any type of national chain or fast food. We tend to believe in supporting the locals.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    We love to eat and some of our best memories revolve around specific meals. It's 14 years later but I still remember what we ate on our first vacation together. We rarely, only once, left after drinks. We'll stick it out to the bitter end for the food.

Our daughter (13 tomorrow) will tell you quick her favorite "local" (meaning in state) restaurant is Sullivan's. We have ruined her for broke college students. ;)

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    I still can't figure how Red Lobster has survived in SE Louisiana when we've got all this great local seafood. We've tried it (had a free gift card.) The best thing we could say about the place was that they had great biscuits. Yes, I know, everyone has different tastes, but Red Lobster?

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I've walked out of a couple of restaurants after ordering. If the service sucks, more than likely the food will too.
    I haven't eaten at a McDonald's in over 35 years. How hard is it to "hold the ketchup"? :rolleyes:

Years ago, while living in Boston, I was served a broiled stuffed shrimp dinner that almost killed me. I spent about 48 hours doing the flip-flop on the john. I lost 28 pounds & spent 2 weeks curled up in bed, holding my gut. I should have sued the ****ers. :mad:

Art

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Another reason to suport local restaurants is they inevitably buy from other local businesses, eg., Produce, Liquor, Seafood, Cleaning supplies, etc. The large chains have huge commissarys, motly out of state, that ship in almost everything they use. That does nothing for YOUR friends and neighbors. The biggest downside is no revenues from thoses businesses stay in your local economy. The little bit of money that they pay their employees hardly equates to a high paying job here. Their revenues go straight to the home offices, also usually out of state.

But the single biggest reason is, food made from scratch is just better.

Now one man's garbage is another man's treasure, and some of these local restaurants are just plain terrible; but I assure you that there are dozens that will give you a great meal at a great value.

When you go out to spend your hard earned money, think about all of the factors above; but most of all; keep in mind you are putting this potential meal in your body. Why would anyone want to eat garbage just to save money?

How many of you guys have a crappy primary defense weapon just because it's inexpensive?

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    How many of you guys have a crappy primary defense weapon just because it's inexpensive?

i never understood this either.. there are people carrying $2-300 weapons which cost as much as the permit... it's like when a person buys a motorbike and get the $175 HJC helmet..

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Since I'm a law student at LSU, the place I go when I need a burger is Roul's Deli, "Voted best homemade burger in town" as the sign says. A cheeseburger combo is $7.50 even I think, and that comes with fries and a drink. It is a good sized burger and portion of fries, too, and it is homemade. They take a wad of meat out of the fridge right there and throw it on the griddle. You can watch. They put some kind of seasoning in their burger that is super good. You can see some kind of green bits in there that I assume (and hope) are some kind of herb.

Anyway, you get your fill, and you can get toppings like grilled onions on there for free.

I went to 5 guys once in Virginia years ago, way before they had one here. I think that one might have been the "original" one. At least my uncle who I was staying with touted it as a great local burger place. I remember it being cheap and good. I have yet to go to the one here because my brother went and said it was not as good as the one in Virginia.

I have never walked out of a restaurant without eating, at least not after being seated. I wanted to Tuesday night, though. We were running late getting home so I suggested we stop and treat ourselves to dinner. We stopped in Denham springs at Geisha sushi. This is the second time I've been. The first time was with a large group and we had terrible service, but the sushi was ok. This time, I wanted to try a dinner. I figured I would order something like chirashi sushi, since every sushi place has this and it is usually about $15-$20. Of course, we sit down and I see the menu and all they have as far as sushi dinners go is nigiri for $20 and sashimi for $25, and these only come with a side salad. Needless to say, I wasn't spending that much. So I decided to order this "dynamite chicken" they have. Of course, they then inform me that they don't sell it anymore but they just never took it off the menu. I guess a big black sharpie is not something they have there? Anyway, service was inattentive again, so I think I'm not ever going there again unless someone else is buying.

On the bright side, the beef jerky outlet a few doors down finally got restocked on the honey habanero hot sauce that I like.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    Since I'm a law student at LSU, the place I go when I need a burger is Roul's Deli, "Voted best homemade burger in town" as the sign says. A cheeseburger combo is $7.50 even I think, and that comes with fries and a drink. It is a good sized burger and portion of fries, too, and it is homemade. They take a wad of meat out of the fridge right there and throw it on the griddle. You can watch. They put some kind of seasoning in their burger that is super good. You can see some kind of green bits in there that I assume (and hope) are some kind of herb.

Anyway, you get your fill, and you can get toppings like grilled onions on there for free.

I have gotten the burger there before, I remember it being pretty good. Try Akasha Market too, right behind Reggies and that area. They have some really good burgers, huge and tasty for a good price. They also have some pretty good Gyros too.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    I walked out of Denney's in Santa Fe after waiting way too long for service.

As far a quality is concerned, the biggest disappointment I've had recently was Ralph & Kackoo's. The roux in the gumbo was too thick and so under-done that it tasted almost like biscuit dough.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I walked out of Denney's in Santa Fe after waiting way too long for service.

As far a quality is concerned, the biggest disappointment I've had recently was Ralph & Kackoo's. The roux in the gumbo was too thick and so under-done that it tasted almost like biscuit dough.

I had a good meal in a Denney's in San Antonio a long time ago. Tried to find the same meal on the local menu and couldn't.

I've never had what I considered a really good meal in R & K's. People have raved about it but I have always considered the food mediocre.
    :squint:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

I though ashaka market was voted number 1 in town? Probably both are through different polls, either way where is rouls?

Top Bottom