Edited due to e-stalking by Vanilla Gorilla

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Judice Inn, Lafayette. Best burger ever, closed on sundays, and they don't serve fries!

I waited tables in college, and apparently I wasn't too bad becaue I made damn good money and had repeat customers asking for me to be their server. Somehow I fell into a niche when I was working there, I was tagged with the nickname "cowboy" even though the only thing close I had was old cowboy hat I'd where when I was drinking at parties, and an F150 with a 10" lift and 40" boggers that never got washed, so I guess I was the closest thing to it around there lol. Customer's enjoyed it though, and I took care of my customers. It was midrange "chain," priced slightly higher than Chilli's and Applebees and the like, so we got a better crowd for the most part. I believe that no glass or bottle should ever be empty, it's unexcusable, and the entree's should come out before the diner has a chance to push the empty appetizer plates out of the way. The Appetizer's or salad's should be out before the first refill is taken car of as well. Salad's are all in a fridge, and appetizer's only take a couple minutes. I also didn't allow anyone to take my food out unle it was just someone carrying an extra tray for a large table.

Quality service is dead in this country, and it's VERY evident in the food market. I've had bad dining experiences du to the kitchen's errors which were no fault of the server, and I would write it on the reciept after filling in the appropriate tip for the service, usually 20% for good, friendly, knowledgable service. I've even tipped a waitress enough to make up for the absolutely HORRID table sitting next to us one night, they left a huge mess, were loud, took forever, and didn't leave a tip, all paid in cash, and you could hear them talking about "why should I tip, they get paid to work here." I left her a note on the reciept saying "Sorry you had to deal with them, been there, hope this makes up for it." I think I tipped her $25 on a $50 tab. But I also had an older couple who used to come to me for brunch, order 2 cups of coffee, every sunday, and leave a $20 on the table when I brought them their check, they were great!

Outback sucks, went years ago, got sick, food was bland, and service sucked, decided to try it again 2 weeks ago, same result. Sent my cold steak and congealed crab cake sauce back, the bloomin onion was burnt to a crisp, it was literally black in spot, it took 30 minutes to get a drink, and they didnt comp us on anything. When I got my bill they took of the $20 for my ruined entree, but billed the properly prepared one right after. Their desire to make $20 lost them my business for good. We only saw our server twice, other people were bringing our food and drinks

Spent $150 at Mike Andersons hoping to get some crawfish, which was sold out by 7:30 after Spanish Town Parade. Wife got plastic in her Crab Cake appetizer, which the manager said was made form scratch on site, with no bagged products, and my food was mediocre, and it was a fried seafood platter, how can you screw that up around here? The manager was nice, took care of the bad food, even brought another one out and didn't try to charge us for either of them, like Outback did. So it's 50/50, one bland dish, most likely due to my desire for boiled crawfish isn;t going to stop me from going

Tsunami sucked, really a $27 5oz "Petite Filet? Putting the word petite on there to sound cute doesn't make a cheap $5 piece of meat worth $27, I've NEVER seen a filet that small anywhere, not even a store. I ordered chicken teryaki as my entree, but there were 6 of us and we kind of went buffet style so we all taseted about 4 appetizers and 6 entrees, nothing impresive at all, all the flavor was the sauce that looked and tasted like it came straight out of a store brand bottle, nothing was impressive except the rediculous bill. The service was good, but merely on par with what I consider to be the bare minimum of acceptable service. It had a nice view and I'd only go back to relax and have a few drinks, before going out downtown.

Bonefish Grill, watch my beer sit on the end of the bar for 20 minutes before my server finally appeared, then passed it up 5 times before grabbing it and bringing it to me. I took a sip, it was warm. We got up and left. The worst part is that we were going and using a gift card that a friend bought us for christmas.

Good places,
    Superior Grill,
    Ninfa's,
    Albasha!!!!!!!!, always great, super nice, they treat you like family,
    Another Broken Egg, <-- a little pricey for breakfast, but NEVER a disappointment, EXCELLENT service and everything is delicious and very filling,
    Raising Cane's, <-- mainly because they get the order right, and usually no employees capable of asking "Credik or Debik?"
    Ruth Chris,
    Walk-Ons,
    Bamboo House,
    Kona Grill,
    Chimes,
    The Times,
    Boudreaux and Thibodeau's
    Monjuni's [sic?],
    Gino's,
    J. Alexander's,
    Texas Roadhouse has always been great, especially for the price,
    Phillipe's "The Place" was FANTASTIC, not sure if it's still open though, very pricey, but truly a fine dining experience.
    My new favorite, Great Taste Chinese on Oneal, it's right around the corner, I'm stuffed for $6, I watch the cook make my food (I love watching people cook in woks, it's almost like art) They are polite and I never have to ask for anything extra. The first week I found them I ate there 4 times in 6 days

Last edited:

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Would you trust your life with it? I have a highpoint carbine I love to shoot but I wouldn't want it in a life or death situation. That is the type of situation you are putting yourself in every time you ride a motorcycle.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    thread_hijack.jpg

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Yea, honestly I hardly go out to eat any more, but if I do, it's at a local non chain place usually. Although, I will grab the occasional pizza or some fast food if I am on the go. For the most part though, I prefer to cook. I grill whenever the weather is nice too, gives me an excuse to crack open a few beers.

THIS! I try to duplicate my favorite restaurant dishes at home... 90% of the time I can match it or better. Plus, you have the satisfaction of doing it yourself, showing off your awesome cooking skillz to the friends and fam, and saving a bunch of money!

AMEN !

Support local businesses.....................LIKE YOUR GUN SHOP !

Academy & WalMart are for lawn chairs, T-shirts, & ice chests; not to buy guns at! Nor ammo !

See sponsors and advertisers here !

leVieux

+1000 A lot of my favorite locally-owned places have already been mentioned, but here are a few noteworthy places in the BR area that were left out:

Po-Boy Express (Florida Blvd. at Sharp & 3 other locations) - Shrimp po-boy FTW!!!

Riverside Patty (3rd Street Downtown & Siegen Lane) - AWESOME burgers!

Couyon's Cajun Bar-B-Que (Hwy. 1 in Port Allen) - EXCELLENT BBQ and Seafood!

Bergeron's Cajun Meats (Hwy. 415 in Port Allen) - Boudin, cracklins, crawfish pies & pistolettes, etc. AWESOME lunch specials, burgers, po-boys, etc. Frozen cajun-prepared meats to cook at home. EVERYTHING is reasonably priced. I can't say enough about this place, just go there on a Friday and order the 415 special!!!

Top Bottom