Edited due to e-stalking by Vanilla Gorilla

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I miss Fuddruckers. That was one of my favorites. I don't go out to eat much so I can't really remember ever walking out of a place. There are places I won't go back to. Berthalots resturant at the Hwy 30/Freds truckstop here in St Gabriel is one to avoid.

I ate at Fuddrucker's about 2y ago and never went back as I thought the price at the time, about $8 by the time I got thru, was way overpriced for what I got.

OTOH, 40y ago Berthelot's could be outstanding. I would invariably ask the waitress what was nice and they were right on.

You had to grab a table when someone got up. Some times the large T-bone would cover the platter and they would put the fries on it. You could have any salad dressing you wanted as long as it's French. They went down when they left Port Vincent.

Some people like 5 Guys and some don't. I got to WhatABurger. One of the few places that has Diet Dr. Pepper.

You pays your money and you makes your choice. Red Lobster couldn't compete in the BR environment. I can remember several servings of king crab legs that had an odor of ammonia.
    :ohreally:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    When it comes to hamburgers, it's hard to beat the ones you cook yourself on the pit.

Having said that.....I really liked that damned Cajun Shrimp Burger over at Mason's Grill in BR. Pretty good stuff, IMHO.....:D

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    ive left several, a couple times being seated in dirty booths, or getting dirty silverware. a few for waiting too long for food/drinks.

if my drinks dont come in under 10 mins im gone, and depending type of restaurant if the appetizers or food isnt there by 30 im gone.

^^^ this, at Ruby Tuesday off College Drive in BR. we had to seat ourselves at a dirty table. an employee came over and excused herself as she *attempted* to wipe off the table. even after she was done and it dried off, my arms were sticking to the table if I leaned on it or touched it. it smelled kind of like cat **** and after about 10 minutes of nobody asking if we even wanted a drink, we split.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    ^^^ this, at Ruby Tuesday off College Drive in BR. we had to seat ourselves at a dirty table. an employee came over and excused herself as she *attempted* to wipe off the table. even after she was done and it dried off, my arms were sticking to the table if I leaned on it or touched it. it smelled kind of like cat **** and after about 10 minutes of nobody asking if we even wanted a drink, we split.

That was an excellent decision. An employee and I had the worst stomach problems of our lives after eating there once, and we didn't even eat the same thing that day. It was noteworthy, and memorable, even years later.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    IDK I really liked 5guys. Staff was nice to me, burger was good. I would say a bit pricey for the atmosphere, but I left full and happy and thats all that matters. Also I wound up paying around $16 IIRC for 2 people, not bad in my opinion.

This x 1000. I love 5 Guys. One of my favorite restaurants

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm surprised to hear the bad reviews on Five Guys and also to hear what the prices are. I have heard good things and am going to try it for myself this weekend. I thought it was akin to other fast food. Of all the "neighborhood" crap chains the only one I will eat at, if forced, is Chili's. I would have to agree that Texas Roadhouse is good for the price. The dinner salad is loaded up and those yeast rolls must have crack in them. That or the cinnamon butter. I only ate at the Fuddrucker's that was here once and I wasn't impressed. Now other Fuddrucker's I've been to were awesome. I'd just get the 1/5 pound combo with fries and drink for $5. Load that sucker up on the fixin's table and leave happy.

The only restaurant I recall walking out of lately is The Olive Garden. We sat for probably ten minutes without a server so much as showing up. I said we're out of here and have never gone back. The food there is terrible anyway and we were just going for the soup, salad and breadstick lunch. I don't know how it stays so busy when this town has Diguilio Bros or even Deangelo's. I have to agree on Berthelot's. The one by the river is (was?) really good but the truck stop location was just gawdawful. I can't believe that is allowed to survive in Louisiana. I am surprised BR is getting a Red Lobster. Every time those commercials would come on during a game I would always ask where the hell a Red Lobster even was around here (New Orleans is the answer).

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    The chains use pre-portioned, frozen food, straight from the freezer to the fryer to the plate. It is cheaper to do that and pay minimum wage then to buy actual raw ingredients and pay people who know how to cook. The chain has changed the cooking model that has been around for hundreds of years because it doesn't make them enough profit...i.e. men and women that actually grow up and learn how to cook for a living. If I sound biased, I am. I'm a certified pastry chef that is now selling computers for a living because I can't find a job in my locale that will pay the bills...everyone would rather buy a $10 cake from walmart.

To answer you directly, yes I have left restaurants before for a miriad of reasons, mostly due to service.

~rc~

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I have left a couple. Like others have said, many factors go into me spending money. Main thing about the higher cost is that you're being SERVED. The food and portions come a far second to me. I pay extra for the service of someone cooking and bringing me food, bringing me drinks, and cleaning up after my mess. If I can't get decent service, I will walk out or never come back after the first visit. 10 minutes is a good time for drinks and to be seated, but I still think it's very generous.

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    All Fast Food is over-prices crap!
    When a 1/4 pound burger cost $4 and I can buy almost 2 pounds for that at the grocery store, I'm cooking it myself.
    AND I will actually include FLAVORs other than SUPER SALTY.
    That doesn't mean I won't eat it, it's just crap.

Sad but true on the national chains mass produced food items posing as home cooked.

Local resturants are about you best shot at having a meal prepared from scratch with real local ingredients.
    Chances are that some of your items may be purchased frozen, Deserts especially, but it's your money and you choice.

Darn, now I'm hungry for a steak.
    Does Evangeline Steak House still serve that 22-24oz New York Strip?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    Yea, honestly I hardly go out to eat any more, but if I do, it's at a local non chain place usually. Although, I will grab the occasional pizza or some fast food if I am on the go. For the most part though, I prefer to cook. I grill whenever the weather is nice too, gives me an excuse to crack open a few beers.

Knave

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I should probably specify that my disgust for Five Guys didn't come about until I went to Mugshots. Before Mugshots, I generally liked Five Guys, though I still felt it was a little pricey for what I was getting and the staff seemed to act like they were doing me some great favor and going out of their way to slap together a burger for me. Granted, an order of Five Guys fries is enough for two people, and the value for the price is more balanced when buying for two and sharing an order of fries.

But then Mugshots opened and I realized that for the price of Five Guys I got a bigger, better burger, better fries IMO, got waited on, and felt that the place generally has a much friendlier staff and much more relaxing atmosphere.

The only way I'd ever go to Five Guys instead of Mugshots now is if I was with the wife in that area and on too much of a time crunch to take the time to eat Mugshots.

Last edited:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    CHEFS? At Olive Garden, Applebee's, Outback, Ryans, etc.?

Don't you mean exaggerated fry cooks?

Want to eat at a restaurant with a chef? Support local businesses!

AMEN !

Support local businesses.....................LIKE YOUR GUN SHOP !

Academy & WalMart are for lawn chairs, T-shirts, & ice chests; not to buy guns at! Nor ammo !

See sponsors and advertisers here !

leVieux

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Left a all u can eat lobster buffet in Orlando Fl.. Sat down, ordered drinks, and looked at the menu... 45$ per person...x3... I don't think so. We left without a warning. Went to Red Lobster and had a good meal for about half the price. Call me cheap, but I wasn't buying stock in the place, just eating there...

they are building a RED lobster in the mall of Louisiana in baton rouge ya elcheapo. So now you can come visit.

Top Bottom