Egyptian kits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I think you might have problems with the ejector. Do you have a bolt and carrier? Slide them along the rails to see if it clears.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I think you might have problems with the ejector. Do you have a bolt and carrier? Slide them along the rails to see if it clears.

I have an amd65 built on these receivers. These are the blem ones that nodak made for tgi. They have the TGI x'd out. Maybe you know the ones im talking about. They were like $50 a piece when i got them.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I have an amd65 built on these receivers. These are the blem ones that nodak made for tgi. They have the TGI x'd out. Maybe you know the ones im talking about. They were like $50 a piece when i got them.

If the AMD works then the Maadi should?

hunterjwm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I am going to order 2 kits from classic if someone in Baton Rouge is ready to order let me know and we can split shipping.
    If it is not too late I would like to get in on the receiver and Barrel buy. Please PM me with details.
    Also would love to be involved in a build party as I have never build a kit before. If needed I would host the event. If a few of y'all have the knowledge I believe I have the tools drill press, shop press, and plenty of hand tools but I do not know exactly what is needed.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I am going to need 5 barrels, but won't be ordering until the end of this week or next week. I also just need one more to get in on the receiver group buy, but again, It will be a couple weeks.

I am planning on paying someone to do the barrel, the rest is DIY doable, I have a press for the rivets and have set hundreds in leather.... It is nice having a foot operated press, it can do all kinds of stuff with adapters.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    The NDS-1 and NDS-ez are basically the same, except the ez has the front and rear trunnion holes pre drilled.

dont they have pre drilled receivers for the folding stock latch too? or is that easy to DIY and save the $$?

does anyone on the northshore want some kits from century and split shipping? i think i might order 2 more from them. if not, then hunterjwm i might go in with you. i just dont make it to BR often

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    dont they have pre drilled receivers for the folding stock latch too? or is that easy to DIY and save the $$?

does anyone on the northshore want some kits from century and split shipping? i think i might order 2 more from them. if not, then hunterjwm i might go in with you. i just dont make it to BR often

I'll make the trip atleast 2x/Month if ya'll want me to be a courier...

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    So how is the group buy for receivers going to work? Please let me know. I think I would like to get in on that one too.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Y'all should probably start a new thread for receivers, anybody who puts their name on it is game to order one.

As mentioned before LA GUN & Reloading is willing to to the transfers at a lower fee if we order enough of them.

somebody would have to collect the money ahead of time to pay for the receivers + shipping, then call in 1 order with 1 shipping address, and then y'all could just pay for transfer the day of pickup.

I doubt NODAK would allow for each person to pay directly and then ship in bulk to one place BUT its worth a shot as well.

Top Bottom