Egyptian kits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Was the gunbroker auction the crutch kit for $400.00? I can't pull it up on my work computer. If so, thats a dude off the akfilers that made a quick buck before the kits came out like gang busters. Can't blame a guy for making a buck. @ rssxy, looks like a pretty clean demill job. I have three kits coming and only hope they are that nice compared to a few pictures i've seen.

According to a thread I read from that guy like six people contacted the buyer before he paid and told him he was getting ripped off. I don't know that he actually got paid. I wasn't aware you could find out who the buyers are to contact them.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120675&page=7

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    short answer; yes. just in case there's an issue with shipping, or whatever, I didn't want to be holding a bunch of other people's money. If you want to pay me online or mail payment and have me ship it to you, just wait and I'll let y'all know when they get here. On the other hand, if you feel comfortable making payment now, just PM me and I'll get you the info now.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Attention those that are getting barrels AND having #1bambam fit your barrel to your kit

I will be meeting #1bambam in Gonzales at the EAPS match this Sunday. If you want me to take your barrel to #1bambam let me know or post about it here. Barrels are fairly heavy and this will save you shipping costs and pickup hassle. I will pick up your barrel at the same time I pick up mine and deliver it on Sunday (assuming barrel delivery before then). You are responsible for getting barrel payment to charliepapa and for getting the required parts from your kit to #1bambam. You can pay #1bambam for the work when you pick up your finished barrel/parts. The cost for the fitting is $50 and you need to also send him the following parts from your kit; front trunnion, gas block, rear sight block, front sight assembly along with all the little pins to hold them together. All of the parts will easily fit in a Priority Mail small flat rate box. I would spend a couple of extra dollars and insure them for $50 just in case. I'd also make sure you right down the numbers on your parts and include it with all of your information in the kit so #1bambam can keep track of who gets what.

On a related note we all owe charliepapa a big thank you for fronting the money for everyone's barrel. That's no small amount and dealing with pick ups and payment is a hassle at the very least. No group buy, like any good deed, goes unpunished.

hunterjwm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    charliepapa thank you very much way beyond the call of duty. I sent you a pm this afternoon give me a call so we can settle up. Is fitting the barrels a major pain? I will gladly pay Bam Bam 50 bucks to fit my barrel but would really like to help if it all possible. If someone near Baton Rouge is planning on feeding their own and need some company please PM me.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    FYI, Geaux Shooting's FFL is now on file with Nodak Spud. They do not have receivers in stock but will in a week or so. If you want custom selector markings be sure to order that. They said they can do an "S A R" marking which is not on their normal list.

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    Attention those that are getting barrels AND having #1bambam fit your barrel to your kit

I will be meeting #1bambam in Gonzales at the EAPS match this Sunday. If you want me to take your barrel to #1bambam let me know or post about it here. Barrels are fairly heavy and this will save you shipping costs and pickup hassle. I will pick up your barrel at the same time I pick up mine and deliver it on Sunday (assuming barrel delivery before then). You are responsible for getting barrel payment to charliepapa and for getting the required parts from your kit to #1bambam. You can pay #1bambam for the work when you pick up your finished barrel/parts. The cost for the fitting is $50 and you need to also send him the following parts from your kit; front trunnion, gas block, rear sight block, front sight assembly along with all the little pins to hold them together. All of the parts will easily fit in a Priority Mail small flat rate box. I would spend a couple of extra dollars and insure them for $50 just in case. I'd also make sure you right down the numbers on your parts and include it with all of your information in the kit so #1bambam can keep track of who gets what.

On a related note we all owe charliepapa a big thank you for fronting the money for everyone's barrel. That's no small amount and dealing with pick ups and payment is a hassle at the very least. No group buy, like any good deed, goes unpunished.

$50.00 is and excellent price.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.

I would like for my barrel to go to #1BamBam

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone have any input on this ? I am ignorant about AK's but am looking to
    Convert over to them. Thanks.

It will work but it's still an untreated metal that will require some work. It's only slightly better than building from a flat IMO. The rails have to be welded in and the center support rivet installed, neither of which come with the blank. Then you have to heat treat the fire control holes. If you've never built a flat I wouldn't go this route either.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    So the hoarder in me is winning. So it looks like Classic is the best place to order kits from? Also what are the benefits of ordering a Romy barrel rather than the US ones?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    So the hoarder in me is winning. So it looks like Classic is the best place to order kits from? Also what are the benefits of ordering a Romy barrel rather than the US ones?

There are a lot of good options here.

http://armsofamerica.com/

The Romy barrel is chrome lined and supposedly hammer forged. If you look early in this thread I was advised away from a US barrel.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    short answer; yes. just in case there's an issue with shipping, or whatever, I didn't want to be holding a bunch of other people's money. If you want to pay me online or mail payment and have me ship it to you, just wait and I'll let y'all know when they get here. On the other hand, if you feel comfortable making payment now, just PM me and I'll get you the info now.

Will $100 cover the price of each barrel with shipping?

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    egyptkit.jpg

Same as Nomad 2nd described.

Rakkasan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Slidell
    Received (1 of 3 kits) today. Looks like it has never been shot. Demill had a few scuff marks but nothing major. Kit was from Classic Arms. Bolt carrier and cover matched.
    1347499179.jpg

1347499115.jpg

1347499265.jpg

Last edited:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Why no pic of rear sight?? you know thats what most people wanna see...lol Yours looks very nice too.. Wish mine from copes would have come today but it looks like tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom