Election Results for "Requires U.S. citizenship in order to register and vote in Louisiana"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I noticed the vote and how it went it the different parishes. Also wonder how many dumbass people we have voting that don't know what they are voting for or against. 113,807 voters think it's good to let non citizens vote.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I voted for many years before becoming a citizen.. I paid taxes and owned home. I should have a voice on what day our trash gets picked up.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    More proof how f*ck*d up NOLA is today. 55% of voters think it's ok to be an illegal alien in the US and vote in elections. They got just what they deserve: the sanctuary city, a dishonest lying cheating mayor, crooked local utility services, jacked up big time by high property taxes post Katrina, and crime out da azz. They murder 9, 10, and 12 year olds too. Throw em on the side of the road like garbage in NO east. I hope I never set foot in Orleans parish again.

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    More proof how f*ck*d up NOLA is today. 55% of voters think it's ok to be an illegal alien in the US and vote in elections. They got just what they deserve: the sanctuary city, a dishonest lying cheating mayor, crooked local utility services, jacked up big time by high property taxes post Katrina, and crime out da azz. They murder 9, 10, and 12 year olds too. Throw em on the side of the road like garbage in NO east. I hope I never set foot in Orleans parish again.
    Where does it say illegal aliens?

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I pay taxes and own a house in Texas. I guess I will start participating in those elections as well.
    If they allow legal non citizens to vote in local elections then go for it. Few states allow legal non citizens to vote in local elections only. Federal elections will and always have been a no go.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Where does it say illegal aliens?

And you are correct on this. One could be an illegal, or here on a green card. Or just visiting from France. It is so basic, so common sense. Requiring people to be a US citizen to actually vote in Louisiana elections. I jumped on illegals BC Biden/Harris are allowing about 50,000 per month flood into the US right now across our southern border after minimal vetting. Issue them a federal court appearance date in 12 to 18 months. The honor system.

55% of the voters in Orleans parish think hey if you are visiting from France for a couple weeks, its ok if you vote in our elections. Go right ahead.
    Or maybe you strayed here from Mexico and are working in the city cutting people's lawns/landscaping or re-building houses, you go ahead and vote too. See how stupid or ridiculous it sounds?

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    If they allow legal non citizens to vote in local elections then go for it. Few states allow legal non citizens to vote in local elections only. Federal elections will and always have been a no go.

Thank you for your tax dollars (non-citizens use our infrastructure). I do not think non-citizens (legal or illegal) should have the same rights as citizens. That would remove the incentive to become a citizen. I will cast my vote to only allow citizens the right to vote in any elections. Wouldn't want someone here temporarily making decisions that will affect people who live in the area permanently. Also, I am glad that you are now a U.S. Citizen and a member of Bayoushooter.com. I like your blanket statement too.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    And you are correct on this. One could be an illegal, or here on a green card. Or just visiting from France. It is so basic, so common sense. Requiring people to be a US citizen to actually vote in Louisiana elections. I jumped on illegals BC Biden/Harris are allowing about 50,000 per month flood into the US right now across our southern border after minimal vetting. Issue them a federal court appearance date in 12 to 18 months. The honor system.

55% of the voters in Orleans parish think hey if you are visiting from France for a couple weeks, its ok if you vote in our elections. Go right ahead.
    Or maybe you strayed here from Mexico and are working in the city cutting people's lawns/landscaping or re-building houses, you go ahead and vote too. See how stupid or ridiculous it sounds?

But that's not how it works...............for the states that do allow it, its not for people who are here on vacation or strayed here. These are legal non citizens who are permanent residents and are more then likely hoping to get citizenship. They have a drivers lic, they pay taxes, they have a social security # and if they have kids...then their kids go to school here. So for local situations i think they should be able to vote.

Legal immigrants with a green card are allowed to have guns......should we stop that?

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Thank you for your tax dollars (non-citizens use our infrastructure). I do not think non-citizens (legal or illegal) should have the same rights as citizens. That would remove the incentive to become a citizen. I will cast my vote to only allow citizens the right to vote in any elections. Wouldn't want someone here temporarily making decisions that will affect people who live in the area permanently. Also, I am glad that you are now a U.S. Citizen and a member of Bayoushooter.com. I like your blanket statement too.
    Exactly wheat he said! I can't can't believe this has to be voted on.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I guess there may be certain nuances that I'm not thinking about, but I'd say that if you are a legal long-term resident paying the same taxes as a citizen, then welcome to the USA and get to voting! :dogkeke:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There should have been a Constitutional amendment that disallowed any registered voters from voting on property tax issues if they don't actually own property or pay property taxes!

As for New Orleans; if you are a politician, you only need to be black and have a (D), next to your name and the electorate will allow you to destroy the place with impunity!

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    I've always wondered why legal citizens would want to allow non citizens (legal or illegal) to vote. I'm pretty sure it's not for altruistic reasons. I think people generally do things or make decisions that benefit themselves. Why would US citizen Johnny Punchclock want a non citizen to be able to vote? I'm pretty sure I know but it has become taboo to speak the truth in America today.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    I'm a poll worker in WBR. What got me about the 12/10 election was the pathetic turnout. Statewide 14%. In my precinct we had 388 registered voters. 55 voted on election day. 20 voted early, absentee, or mail in.

Compare that to the 11/08 federal election with a statewide turnout of nearly 47%.

BTW, if you don't vote in two consecutive federal elections you may get dropped off the voting registrar.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom