Elementary School Shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Apparently one of the fellows from the funeral home that the shooter engaged near the school retrieved a carbine with the intention of re-engaging the shooter.

He was stopped by Uvalde Police.

Told to 'Shut Up and Get Back'.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Apparently one of the fellows from the funeral home that the shooter engaged near the school retrieved a carbine with the intention of re-engaging the shooter.

He was stopped by Uvalde Police.

Told to 'Shut Up and Get Back'.
    Wow. The University of Texas tower shooting that happened in the 60’s had a volunteer with a 30 carbine that helped one officer save the day. A sniper sat on the rooftop, barricaded and well armed. The volunteer went around the walkway in one direction and drew fire from the sniper while the cop went the other way and took him out. There are at least 2 other instances when Good Samaritans acted and saved cops’ lives. I don’t understand anyone choosing to not act, but then hindering any effort.
    On a side note, they made a movie in the 70’s about that event. They filmed the shooting scene in our state capitol building if I’m not mistaken. Turns out the guy had a brain tumor.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

Officers with rifles and a ballistic shield were inside school for 58 minutes​

Still too soon to call shenanigans. There's probably a reasonable explanation to why they did not proceed while kids were executed just down the hallway, for the next hour, supposedly.

Wonder why they don't want to give up the body cam footage or other records though?
    f8cd49418870ec02602ae8ee7e8f1524.jpg

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Still too soon to call shenanigans. There's probably a reasonable explanation to why they did not proceed while kids were executed just down the hallway, for the next hour, supposedly.

Wonder why they don't want to give up the body cam footage or other records though?
    f8cd49418870ec02602ae8ee7e8f1524.jpg

Why would you want to see body camera footage? I for one hope they never show the images from in that schools classrooms and hire as many attorneys as it takes to block it. It’s obvious they screwed up and probably cost lives, what good would body cameras do. Is it you think you will see people telling the cops to stand down? It’s already been acknowledged that the police were told to stand down by that worthless police chief. What other records would you like? They are releasing radio traffic from that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Why would you want to see body camera footage? I for one hope they never show the images from in that schools classrooms and hire as many attorneys as it takes to block it. It’s obvious they screwed up and probably cost lives, what good would body cameras do. Is it you think you will see people telling the cops to stand down? It’s already been acknowledged that the police were told to stand down by that worthless police chief. What other records would you like? They are releasing radio traffic from that day.

Im going to go out on a limb and say we wont see any horrific scenes on these body cams.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

I am for full transparency of any and everything that involves government bodies, especially in cases like this that have left so many questions unanswered. Let me and the rest of us "civies" decide whether we can handle the truth or whatever transparency happens to reveal.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Im going to go out on a limb and say we wont see any horrific scenes on these body cams.
    I was thinking the same. And I think you meant none was captured. I will say that hiding the truth is never a good thing. Attempting to keep things non public now will only exaggerate the lack of trust in that department.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    That’s a good thing, can’t see how that’s bad.

I could understand doing this after a period of time, but this is typical destruction of a crime scene. Reminds me of that compound in Arizona (I think) where they were training young terrorists.
    To be fair, I have not heard of when they plan to do this but I wouldn't be surprised to see it bulldozed to the ground tomorrow.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I could understand doing this after a period of time, but this is typical destruction of a crime scene. Reminds me of that compound in Arizona (I think) where they were training young terrorists.
    To be fair, I have not heard of when they plan to do this but I wouldn't be surprised to see it bulldozed to the ground tomorrow.

Pressed the wrong button

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I think (And i think most of us think this way) that releasing images of dead children will glorify these heinous active killer attacks. They are killers and using “active shooters” doesn’t help.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh yeah….
    That’s not fishy at all….

Top Bottom