ENTRAPMENT? Two recent experiences on BayouShooter!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Different area codes does not bother me. People move.

If you would like to build feedback with classifieds, start small like for some ammo or accessories on here. You could also allow the other person to choose a meeting place near where they live.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    @SwampyDog Just bc I do not buy and sell a ton of firearms on platforms like this doesnt make me fishy. How can a new member feel welcome if no one is welling to give him or her a chance. I guess everyone has to protect themself. My first transaction went smoothly with @hkump before I even made an account. He suggested this was the place to safely buy and sell. But more and more I feel unwelcome here. Not to mention over priced used gun in which I can get cheaper new. I will keep my support for @hkump, @AdvancedLaser who did engravings for my SBRs , and @meplatgroup my favorite SOT dealer. As for some of the members you are making this community into some private club. Just saying new legit members has to start from somewhere.
    I didn't call you out by name because you took my advice and changed it and I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. But since you felt the need to insert yourself let me tell the group how it went. Your original name was YaBuddy420. In a gun group. Of course I'm gonna be suspicious that you may in fact be some idiot 20 something who shows up in a weed wagon. I'm not risking my @$$ because you have one postive feedback from someone i don't personally know. You had ONE feedback interaction and no posts. I didn't blast you or even accuse of you anything. I merely said you'd have a hard time with the name and it made me uncomfortable and declined a transaction with you. You must've realized the name was a mistake otherwise you wouldn't have changed it. I also stated in the original add that I only deal with known members with feedback. One postive tanscation hardly qaulifies for good freferences. You were very much an unknown as Perez stated.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I didn't call you out by name because you took my advice and changed it and I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. But since you felt the need to insert yourself let me tell the group how it went. Your original name was YaBuddy420. In a gun group. Of course I'm gonna be suspicious that you may in fact be some idiot 20 something who shows up in a weed wagon. I'm not risking my @$$ because you have one postive feedback from someone i don't personally know. You had ONE feedback interaction and no posts. I didn't blast you or even accuse of you anything. I merely said you'd have a hard time with the name and it made me uncomfortable and declined a transaction with you. You must've realized the name was a mistake otherwise you wouldn't have changed it. I also stated in the original add that I only deal with known members with feedback. One postive tanscation hardly qaulifies for good freferences. You were very much an unknown as Perez stated.
    Fair logic. If I suspected that someone was a pothead (or any illegal drug user), I would also not consider selling a firearm to them.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Entrapment is "the action of tricking someone into committing a crime in order to secure their prosecution."

We know without a shadow of a doubt that we have folks on here actively buying and selling (or stealing) firearms that legally are not allowed to do so. The ATF knows this as well. Trying to bait a criminal into meeting a federal agent is not entrapment. Let's be realistic here.

Don't do illegal things and you won't have a problem.
    But Randy Weaver

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Fair logic. If I suspected that someone was a pothead (or any illegal drug user), I would also not consider selling a firearm to them.
    Interesting, I do the same on my Instagram. I get new followers a lot and its listed in my bio that I am a FFL. I look at every new follower. If they have pics of them smoking weed, or drug references I block. I dont need that drama in my shop.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    SO. you really think that everyone here that checks the "no" box on a 4473 that asks if you use illegal drugs is being truthful?
    Does one still have to be truthful about that anymore? I mean, because back ground checks, fingerprints, a government issued I.D., DNA and all that keeps us safe right?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      11.4 KB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom