entry level ar15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouRat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Luling
    I found this thread very informative. Being a new AR-15 owner myself. Personally I am cash poor but wanted an AR for year since my military days. I looked at all the different manufactures, options, and features. I decided on an entry level DPMS Oracle. I can honestly say I have been very pleased with the weapon. I have put several thousand rounds through it with out a single malfunction. I was able to buy the lower and parts kit assemble it myself then I bought a complete upper. The completed gun less sights, optic, magazines cost me about $500. I have since put on some flip up iron sights, a true glow red dot, bought 4 mags and a carry case for another couple hundered dollars. The gun is very accurate at 50 yards. Consistant 1" groups with the iron sights. At 100 yards I can hit 3" groups with the irons no problem. I'm sure I could do better with better optics. My 50 year old eyes ar not as good as they used to be. I will be dropping an EOTech on it as soon as I can afford one.

I'd stay away from mix matching parts especially with the upper receiver. I'd stick with the known manufactures. I shot a few different guns before I bought mine. They all function pretty much the same. So far I've shot. Colts, S&Ws, Rock Rivers, and my DPMS. Now if I was going to war I would want it chrome lined but I clean my weapon every time I shoot it so that has not been issue for me.

What ever you buy I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I have mine. :)

Top Bottom