Explain Police Behavior?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Is it okay for LEOs to have illegal tint on personal vehicles? I know several personally who have dark tint and tinted windshields, entire windshield tinted. How come school buses don't have seat belts? While we are on this kick about stupid laws and double standards for LEOs. Why do LEOs let other LEOs break the law or turn a blind eye to minor infractions? Would I get the same treatment with a reserve commission?

Oh and by the way I haven't paid a ticket in the last six years, when you got pull you just take the ticket.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    PS. I have only received ONE tint ticket in 6 years, having gone through 4 vehicles. That's hardly "fined again and again". Also, even after I got that ticket, when the cop was walking away, he said "Yeah, you can get another ticket, but we aren't going to be looking for you at all." They also did not request I have it removed, or advise me to do so.
    Tint tickets are $144. They never stack. They never go up. I pay over $1K in taxes a month for **** I never use, what's another $144 every now and then for something I benefit from? Yeah, it pisses me off, but less than having stuff taken from my car and a window destroyed.
    I thought you were a repeat offender.

:)

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You could always try having legal tint and sunglasses. It has worked great for me

They do absolutely nothing to keep heat out of the car. I remember growing up as a kid without window tint in any of the cars and the A/C never could keep up it seems.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    When is the last time a nurse paid a co pay or a mechanic paid for labor. All jobs have their perks. I have paid tickets and also given tickets to LEO. It's up to the individual officer to let someone go. I have given warning to LEO,military, and just plain ole working people. I would be willing to bet that the majority of LEO have had confrontations off duty with someone they arrested. The exemption was put in place so we could hide behind the tint while in traffic with our families. I'm sure we could argue that for hours but that is the truth

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I thought you were a repeat offender.

:)

I guess every second my car is on the road it is "offending", but I have only received 1 ticket between 4 vehicles and 6 years of "offending". Cops out there don't enforce it that much I have found, because they seem to agree--it's a non-issue except for the money, and even they must be a bit put off by that.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    When is the last time a nurse paid a co pay Last thursday, here. or a mechanic paid for labor. Dunno, I'm not one. All jobs have their perks. I have paid tickets and also given tickets to LEO. It's up to the individual officer to let someone go.Yep, officer's discretion. I have given warning to LEO,military, and just plain ole working people. I would be willing to bet that the majority of LEO have had confrontations off duty with someone they arrested. Possible, but that's stupid. Just some citizen starting a war they won't win. The exemption was put in place so we could hide behind the tint while in traffic with our families. I'm sure we could argue that for hours but that is the truth

Officers are exempt so they can hide with their families. I'll buy that as a legitimate reason. The only reason you have to argue is that tint-laws are there to keep you safe as it might obscure night vision a bit, and theoretically cause a problem. However, it must not be bad enough to endanger an officer and their family. That right there says a lot. You have the tint to PROTECT you and yours. It's not a danger worth considering, basically. Thus negating the "It's for your driving safety" argument.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Oh. I was going off of your original reasoning Of keeping the sun out of your eyes

I like it for that reason too, and for some reason wearing a hat, or sunglasses, just seems to obscure my peripheral vision, or make me feel that way, when driving.

What window tint does for me:

Offers me more privacy if I want to change (for the gym, beach, whatever) in my car or anything else that I don't want people to see.
    Keeps me cooler in the summer.
    Keeps people from eyeballing me. My job has the potential to create its share of nutty stalkers, too.
    Keeps people from eye-balling what I have in my car.
    Keeps the sun out of my eyes.
    Makes the car look better (opinion).
    Increases resale value if I sell anywhere but in LA (Nobody wants 40% tint, they will just have to rip it out and put actual tint in the car, adding to cost).

My car is an extension of my home. I expect privacy in my home. That is one of the major reasons I like darker tint than 40%.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Is it okay for LEOs to have illegal tint on personal vehicles? I know several personally who have dark tint and tinted windshields, entire windshield tinted. How come school buses don't have seat belts? While we are on this kick about stupid laws and double standards for LEOs. Why do LEOs let other LEOs break the law or turn a blind eye to minor infractions? Would I get the same treatment with a reserve commission?

Oh and by the way I haven't paid a ticket in the last six years, when you got pull you just take the ticket.

I know cops who have posted videos of them doing 190+ on their own time in their personal car (cammed 'vette). Cops do **** that is blatantly illegal and get away with it all the time.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You're a stripper?

No, but if the money is right...

*I work in healthcare. Anytime you are around people dying for various reasons, it creates an emotionally charged atmosphere, and some people lash out and blame others. We have had several stalking issues at my hospital, to the point where staff has begun blacking out their last names on all their badges in critical care areas.

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    That's bull ****, your personal vehicle is not exempt. If it is in LP show me some proof. Your giving this dude a hard time over the same things that get overlooked for others. Answer my other question if you pulled me over for speeding and I had illegal tint, if I pulled out a reserve commission would you let me go or right the ticket?

And the LEOs I know with the tint on windshields isn't to hide there identity.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    That's bull ****, your personal vehicle is not exempt. If it is in LP show me some proof. Your giving this dude a hard time over the same things that get overlooked for others. Answer my other question if you pulled me over for speeding and I had illegal tint, if I pulled out a reserve commission would you let me go or right the ticket?

I feel the same way, considering that window tint, my inspection sticker, and my occupation were NOT at all part of the original post, nor was any citation issued. I was not even stopped.

What happened here is a few cops are covering ass for another cop who was doing something that actually could cause a wreck by pointing fingers at my windows and other random things and making it seem like the officer's reckless driving was somehow my fault. I'm now the irresponsible nose-thumbing bad-guy that caused poor innocent Mr/Ms/Mrs Police person to see how close they could get their cruiser to my bumper before whipping into the lane beside me and turning off. It's all my fault. *sigh*

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Largest gang in America, the FOP.

Half my family are LEOs, with two lawyers and one judge. So tell me something I don't know. I sit at the dinner table and have discussions almost daily. I have helped with certain departments and organizations in mostly writing skills and fact finding. Most deputies can't write a good report much less an excellent report. Mostly because they dont care for that part of the job.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

RS 32:361.3

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=88296

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I like it for that reason too, and for some reason wearing a hat, or sunglasses, just seems to obscure my peripheral vision, or make me feel that way, when driving.

What window tint does for me:

Offers me more privacy if I want to change (for the gym, beach, whatever) in my car or anything else that I don't want people to see.
    Keeps me cooler in the summer.
    Keeps people from eyeballing me. My job has the potential to create its share of nutty stalkers, too.
    Keeps people from eye-balling what I have in my car.
    Keeps the sun out of my eyes.
    Makes the car look better (opinion).
    Increases resale value if I sell anywhere but in LA (Nobody wants 40% tint, they will just have to rip it out and put actual tint in the car, adding to cost).

My car is an extension of my home. I expect privacy in my home. That is one of the major reasons I like darker tint than 40%.

Somebody go get Nolacop.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

C. Any exemption granted pursuant to this Section shall not apply to the area below the top six inches of a motor vehicle windshield.

So...these cops with tinted windshields? What now? Are they thumbing their noses at themselves!? The self deprecation and horror!

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    That still doesn't give exemption to personal vehicles w/o an affidavit. Look I've had this conversation with my LEO friends, just own up to the double standard and agree what is ok for them is not ok for everyone else. K

I understand what you're saying, I just posted the RS and they can get it under that RS. But I also understand that some just do it and say the hell with.

Top Bottom