Explain Police Behavior?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    He probably hates freedom. Perhaps he was looking to violate you. Were u rammed?

Neither me, or my car, but I was worried...

I will go check my plate lights, but even still, he couldn't even SEE my plate for his hood at that distance I am betting. His headlights disappeared from my RVM.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    "Operation Brake Check! is a go..."
    I have an aquaintance in texas that rides an R1 and keeps a pocket full of 1/4" ball bearings. If any jerk*^# gets too close, he starts tossing them over his shoulder.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It was 3:00AM. There were no other cars on the road. I'd bet 50-60% of cars on the road at 3:00AM are people doing something wrong. He probably didn't even notice you taking the corner, and I'd bet he would've done it to any car that drove by. Why? Intimidation. If you were doing something illegal, you would've crapped your pants, and he would've known it and pulled you over. But you weren't, and he didn't, and all of your rights are still in tact. Sounds like everything worked out for everyone.

And for the record, your tint would be OBVIOUSLY too dark, even at 3:00AM. I'm honestly surprised he didn't pull you over.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    No. Here is a picture of the vehicle:

73nktg.jpg
    I plead the 5th, but at 0300, how would he know just by glancing at the car on a completely un-lit section of road?
    Riding around with 5%-10% tint with the windows rolled up.

son.jpg

TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    I've had this happen a few times too, day and night. It's really stupid and I oft times think of having suddenly remembered that I needed to turn right there! I'm sure that even though HE hit ME that would be my fault (at least until it got to court). Idle thoughts...

At any rate, when/if that tailgating ass-hat pulls me over, I'll do my 'job' as a civilian and comply with the officer's directions in a friendly and courteous manor, the same as I would any police officer that didn't tailgate me first - having an attitude with a cop will never help, only hurt.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Riding around with 5%-10% tint with the windows rolled up.

son.jpg

Hey, hey, it's 20% and I really don't give a damn if its legal in this municipality or not. It's saved me plenty of smash/grabs judging by the people who try to look into my car, based on face-smudges on those windows I have seen. Imagine how many people pass the car by because they are scared to be seen cupping their hands at the windows? Cops cant catch criminals doing it, so I tinted the windows. We had 3 cars smashed in just during my orientation at the hospital. Ridiculous.

Tint tickets are $144. They never stack. They never go up. I pay over $1K in taxes a month for **** I never use, what's another $144 every now and then for something I benefit from? Yeah, it pisses me off, but less than having stuff taken from my car and a window destroyed.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I've had this happen a few times too, day and night. It's really stupid and I oft times think of having suddenly remembered that I needed to turn right there! I'm sure that even though HE hit ME that would be my fault (at least until it got to court). Idle thoughts...

At any rate, when/if that tailgating ass-hat pulls me over, I'll do my 'job' as a civilian and comply with the officer's directions in a friendly and courteous manor, the same as I would any police officer that didn't tailgate me first - having an attitude with a cop will never help, only hurt.

Correct. Court is where you make an argument. Not on the side of the street where you can be shot or beaten.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    It was 3:00AM. There were no other cars on the road. I'd bet 50-60% of cars on the road at 3:00AM are people doing something wrong. He probably didn't even notice you taking the corner, and I'd bet he would've done it to any car that drove by. Why? Intimidation. If you were doing something illegal, you would've crapped your pants, and he would've known it and pulled you over. But you weren't, and he didn't, and all of your rights are still in tact. Sounds like everything worked out for everyone.

And for the record, your tint would be OBVIOUSLY too dark, even at 3:00AM. I'm honestly surprised he didn't pull you over.

I guess things did work out fine. I'd like to use that argument next time I'm doing 20 over because I'm late and I get pulled over without having had a wreck.

A ticket means paperwork. Paperwork means work. Everyone knows LA is one of the few states that even tries to milk that cash cow, and some officers rightly don't bother with it because it's BS.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    "Operation Brake Check! is a go..."
    I have an aquaintance in texas that rides an R1 and keeps a pocket full of 1/4" ball bearings. If any jerk*^# gets too close, he starts tossing them over his shoulder.

Hmmmmm.

I've outgrown the brake check routine. After all, my ultimate objective is to get to my destination. I also discovered that an asshat who tailgates at the legal limit of 40 or 45 is still going to do it at 50. Why risk a ticket, or worse a wreck at a higher speed. Instead, I simply release the accelerator and coast down until they get the message. I'm willing to take it to 20 or 25, on the theory that if the dummy isn't the great driver he thinks he is, I'd rather have him rear end me at 20 than at 50. Besides, its a helluva lot more fun. Drives some of 'em absolutely batshit crazy. :D

I love the ones who do the bright light routine at night. Funny how fast they back off when a million candle power Q-beam hits 'em thru the back glass. Surprise! I can blind you, too.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Hmmmmm.

I've outgrown the brake check routine. After all, my ultimate objective is to get to my destination. I also discovered that an asshat who tailgates at the legal limit of 40 or 45 is still going to do it at 50. Why risk a ticket, or worse a wreck at a higher speed. Instead, I simply release the accelerator and coast down until they get the message. I'm willing to take it to 20 or 25, on the theory that if the dummy isn't the great driver he thinks he is, I'd rather have him rear end me at 20 than at 50. Besides, its a helluva lot more fun. Drives some of 'em absolutely batshit crazy. :D

I love the ones who do the bright light routine at night. Funny how fast they back off when a million candle power Q-beam hits 'em thru the back glass. Surprise! I can blind you, too.

Unfortunately, with a cop, you will get a ticket for breaking minimum speed limits on many improved roads if you do that. Would not spotlight a cop, either. I was basically stuck with 2 things. Get pulled over, or do exactly the limit. I didn't want to get pulled over, because I knew they would fine-comb over everything until they found SOMETHING (maybe my tint, if they carried a meter) to ticket me for.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU

Or people in the service industry, people who work night shifts, etc. I agree with alot of what you say speed, but that is ridiculous. I have been pulled over 7 times in the last year in the 5 miles from my place of work to my apt. I do alot of driving at 3:00 (when I get off work many nights). I haven't been ticketed yet, because I was never really doing anything wrong, and the cop had no reason to ticket me. It was just a cop looking for drunks that picked me to randomly check. It gets to be quite the pain in the ass.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom