Explain Police Behavior?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Or people in the service industry, people who work night shifts, etc. I agree with alot of what you say speed, but that is ridiculous. I have been pulled over 7 times in the last year in the 5 miles from my place of work to my apt. I do alot of driving at 3:00 (when I get off work many nights). I haven't been ticketed yet, because I was never really doing anything wrong, and the cop had no reason to ticket me. It was just a cop looking for drunks that picked me to randomly check. It gets to be quite the pain in the ass.

I work night-shift at a hospital. I further agree there are lots of people out at 0300 that are doing NOTHING wrong. I go to a 24 hour gym because my schedule is completely inverse from day-shifters.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Its just the man kepping you down bro. I would call the Police Chief and insist the Officdr in question be pilloried. Immediately if not sooner.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Its just the man kepping you down bro. I would call the Police Chief and insist the Officdr in question be pilloried. Immediately if not sooner.

It's on my list of things to do. First, I have a meeting with some drug dealers about selling to kids. There is a school near where they hang out, and I would prefer they re-locate, or at LEAST ask for valid ID before selling. I know they have to make a living, too, so want them to understand that I am only concerned with the safety of all involved, not necessarily moving in on their territory. After that, I'll stop by the police station and inquire about that officer. Lots of work to do tomorrow!

Seriously though, everyone knows the law is just about money. It still irks me at times.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    "Operation Brake Check! is a go..."
    I have an aquaintance in texas that rides an R1 and keeps a pocket full of 1/4" ball bearings. If any jerk*^# gets too close, he starts tossing them over his shoulder.

I can see that really turning out good for him when he hurts someone or a LEO.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Hey, hey, it's 20% and I really don't give a damn if its legal in this municipality or not. It's saved me plenty of smash/grabs judging by the people who try to look into my car, based on face-smudges on those windows I have seen. Imagine how many people pass the car by because they are scared to be seen cupping their hands at the windows? Cops cant catch criminals doing it, so I tinted the windows. We had 3 cars smashed in just during my orientation at the hospital. Ridiculous.

Tint tickets are $144. They never stack. They never go up. I pay over $1K in taxes a month for **** I never use, what's another $144 every now and then for something I benefit from? Yeah, it pisses me off, but less than having stuff taken from my car and a window destroyed.

Well with your attitude it was probably good he didn't stop you. So since you pay taxes you don't have to go by La Laws? ********, they should bust you everyday and let you pay $144 a day until you get legal. Where do you get your illegal inspection stickers from?
    As far as your illegal tint saving your ass from being broken into, go read some post that were on here about a month ago about a guy wanting to keep his guns in his truck at LSU. The LEO's said most of the car break in's had heavy tint.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Well with your attitude it was probably good he didn't stop you. So since you pay taxes you don't have to go by La Laws? ********, they should bust you everyday and let you pay $144 a day until you get legal. Where do you get your illegal inspection stickers from?
    As far as your illegal tint saving your ass from being broken into, go read some post that were on here about a month ago about a guy wanting to keep his guns in his truck at LSU. The LEO's said most of the car break in's had heavy tint.

I guess they could pull me over until I went legal. I would pay the ticket, then the $200 and send in the requisite forms to get a tint exception due to sensitive eyes.

My attitude must not be too bad. Most of the time I just get a verbal. The only reason I got the tint ticket is because they were training a rookie. Tailed me a mile from the gym just to pull me over for that ticket. Were sitting in the parking-lot watching me walk to my car. Consider it my fault for not putting 2 and 2 together soon enough. In this case, yeah, I made myself a victim by not being more aware of my immediate vicinity. Both the cops were polite and apologetic, fwiw. No problem with them, just the stupid ordinances that it is their job to enforce. Of course they enforce them selectively, but luck was not on my side with the need to train a rookie in how the ticket-printer and such worked.

No, since I pay local/state taxes, I feel that I shouldn't have to deal with laws designed only to pump money into the city. I don't think ANYONE who pays taxes should have to put up with local fund-raiser type laws. I never said anything about disregarding laws in general, just the dumb stuff that everyone knows is about correcting budget deficits.

I know you're a stickler for the laws (even the fund-raiser ones) and feel that anyone who breaks it is a scourge to the human race (have read your other posts on this forum), but I'm willing to bet you do the 'ol 5 over now and then yourself.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    --I have no problems with cops. I think a lot of mis-directed angst is aimed at them. Cops do not make laws, politicians do, sometimes without citizen input.
    --I do have a problem with assholes, and that includes one's wearing uniforms of all types.

I think a lot of people forget to separate a cop doing his job enforcing stupid laws from a cop's belief system. You don't have to believe in the BS you are doing to actually do it. You just have to want to get home, feed yourself and your family, and make a living like everyone else.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    So the sticker on your car doesn't look like a La. inspectioin sticker what state is it from?
    I was just raised to obey the law but I'm alot older than you. And yes I break a few traffic laws everybody does but what you are doing is thumbing your nose at our laws because you don't like it. I don't go put illegal **** on my truck and say the hell with it I'm too good for our laws.
    So you know we have a new tint law right? I see that you work in a hospital so do you know a Doctor that will sign a affidavit swearing that you have the right stuff for a Medical exemption? Sounds like you don't have a medical problem or you would already have the exemption.

And again what state is your inspection sticker from?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    So the sticker on your car doesn't look like a La. inspectioin sticker what state is it from?
    I was just raised to obey the law but I'm alot older than you. And yes I break a few traffic laws everybody does but what you are doing is thumbing your nose at our laws because you don't like it. I don't go put illegal **** on my truck and say the hell with it I'm too good for our laws. Nah, you just operate it illegally because you're too good to drive within the law. However, it's okay, because YOU'RE doing it and not me, right?
    So you know we have a new tint law right? I see that you work in a hospital so do you know a Doctor that will sign a affidavit swearing that you have the right stuff for a Medical exemption? Sounds like you don't have a medical problem or you would already have the exemption. I don't know, in the 6 years I have lived here I have never gotten but 1 tint-ticket, so why bother with $200 in fees?

And again what state is your inspection sticker from?

Cool, can you tell me how I can break the law with full knowledge that I am indeed breaking the law without thumbing my nose at it? I mean, that's what you're doing with your speeding, right?

-Or-

Do you mean it's okay, because "Everybody speeds"? Well "Everybody" also has darker than that 40% stuff this state mandates as a minimum light transmission percentage, too. Did you see the other vehicles in the parkinglot around my car? How many of them look 40% to you? See? It's okay. "Everybody is doing it"!

It's a TX inspection sticker. Dealer I bought it from here never had it inspected, and I just neglected to. Yeah, that got a ticket, too, but we both know it's about...$$. So I went to court, and after I showed them a receipt for the new sticker, they threw the $135 ticket out and just charged me $25.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The reason you haven gotten a ticket is because he attitude you display in the field is not the one you display while typing on the keyboard. I am sure that we all know there is really no justification for driving dangerous even if you are a LEO officer but I find it comical you had to start a new thread just to try to get people to gasp and agree with you.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Nevermind, after reading another one of your comments I see you fall into the " it's all about the money" category so it's pointless to try and make sense to you.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The reason you haven gotten a ticket is because he attitude you display in the field is not the one you display while typing on the keyboard. I am sure that we all know there is really no justification for driving dangerous even if you are a LEO officer but I find it comical you had to start a new thread just to try to get people to gasp and agree with you.

Well of course not. Why would I go into the politics of a ticket with an officer? It's not his problem, he's just doing his job. Save it for the court, and try to raise public awareness through other avenues. Arguing with a cop on the side of the road about what is right/wrong is pointless, and will just result in stacked charges.

What I find comical is how the whole thread got de-railed. It was originally about un-safe and unethical behavior by a police officer and now it's all suddenly my fault for being high and mighty, or for having an out of state inspection sticker, or darker tint, or whatever.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Nevermind, after reading another one of your comments I see you fall into the " it's all about the money" category so it's pointless to try and make sense to you.

Well, if it's not about money, what IS it about? I mean, if you can show me that there is a reason for it, I will acknowledge that reason.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Hey, hey, it's 20% and I really don't give a damn if its legal in this municipality or not. It's saved me plenty of smash/grabs judging by the people who try to look into my car, based on face-smudges on those windows I have seen. Imagine how many people pass the car by because they are scared to be seen cupping their hands at the windows? Cops cant catch criminals doing it, so I tinted the windows. We had 3 cars smashed in just during my orientation at the hospital. Ridiculous.

Tint tickets are $144. They never stack. They never go up. I pay over $1K in taxes a month for **** I never use, what's another $144 every now and then for something I benefit from? Yeah, it pisses me off, but less than having stuff taken from my car and a window destroyed.
    Constantly driving around with something that's illegal, can be seen with the naked eye, and getting you fined again and again...
    tumblr_lhp4fvzGKJ1qh2y72o1_400.jpg

Do you like giving the govt. money?:p

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Constantly driving around with something that's illegal, can be seen with the naked eye, and getting you fined again and again...
    tumblr_lhp4fvzGKJ1qh2y72o1_400.jpg

Do you like giving the govt. money?:p

It's no different than driving 5 or 6 over the speed-limit everywhere you go.

PS. I have only received ONE tint ticket in 6 years, having gone through 4 vehicles. That's hardly "fined again and again". Also, even after I got that ticket, when the cop was walking away, he said "Yeah, you can get another ticket, but we aren't going to be looking for you at all." They also did not request I have it removed, or advise me to do so.

No, I don't like giving the govt. money. However, 40% tint isn't going to do crap to keep the sun out of my eyes or my car cool or my belongings out of sight. So I was faced with this: Get 40% tint and have absolutely 0 utility from it, or get darker tint that will benefit me and improve my driving comfort and be illegal. Well, since 35% is just as fine-able as 20%, I went with 20% so that I get the full utility out of it that I want. When I get a ticket for it, I consider it a utility cost, kind-of like the $200 tax-stamp I paid for my suppressor. The only difference is that some politician decided that in this geographic location, the utility fee would be assessed AFTER the item rather than before.

It has nothing to do with "thumbing the nose" or anything of the sort. If anything, at least this is a tax that will be kept 100% local and go to improve my immediate surroundings. I still don't agree with it, but maybe tint tickets helped pay for the grinding down of certain parts of the road here so that those 6" mounds of asphalt that they piled over 6" of pot-hole are finally back to the status-quo of a flat road. It makes me feel better to think I paid for that.

Also, once again, the police have nothing to do with the law. I am neutral on my opinion of good cops. They do their job and go home. Their job is what they are told it is. Why the "**** the police" attitude so many people have due to LAWS, I have no idea.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom