First session of Crossfit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Going for my first session with Central Crossfit tonight. May God have mercy on my body :x:

Are you doing an introductory class? Crossfit Zachary has "Foundations" class where they teach you a lot of the basic movements and how to properly perform them. It lasted for four nights. I just did my first WOD last night and I am sore today. My next WOD is tomorrow.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I normally take Wednesdays off, but I think I am going tonight.

The Workout Of the Day for Wednesday, April 17th is:

Deadlift

3-3-3-3-3

-then-

For Time:

Run 600m

30 Shoulder-to-Overhead 95/65#

30 Burpees

Run 400m

20 Shoulder-to-Overhead 95/65#

20 Burpees

Run 200m

10 Shoulder-to-Overhead 95/65#

10 Burpees

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I started cold turkey. Quit smoking, started eating right and started exercising all at the same time. Really kicked my ass. 41lbs gone so far since mid November. I am passed the part of being able to do things I could do when I was younger to the point I can do things for the first time in my life. I am not up to a Jeremy level of transformation, but it is amazing what following the Crossfit diet and workout schedule can do.

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've been doing pretty good on the Paleo end. I went 30 days very strict, but now if I am out with the wife ill get something else. During the week I am pretty strict. The hardest part of it is that I drive for work (about 1000 miles a week) and if I don't get up early enough I am left with whatever I can find that is close to the diet. Truly Free on Perkins is supposed to be working on a Paleo menu. It'll be nice if they can get it right

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    wall balls are not my fav. squat thrusters are terrible as well.
    the box i go to has been giving us real brutal wod's the coaches are dialed in like never before and im feeling great

we got a pool for when it starts to heat up, its real nice and i cant wait

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    wall balls are not my fav. squat thrusters are terrible as well.
    the box i go to has been giving us real brutal wod's the coaches are dialed in like never before and im feeling great

we got a pool for when it starts to heat up, its real nice and i cant wait

Pool, I would jump in clothes, shoes and all after a wod, I am soaking wet already!

You should try Clusters, it is the most fun since, well nothing is as fun as a cluster. It is a squat clean into a thruster, if you can do them it helps with Fran. Wait, a squat snatch might be more fun... naaahhh Wait, I have got it, Snatch Balance and snatch balance presses are even more fun! (I would advise starting with the 15lb bar on your first snatch balance press)

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Pool, I would jump in clothes, shoes and all after a wod, I am soaking wet already!

You should try Clusters, it is the most fun since, well nothing is as fun as a cluster. It is a squat clean into a thruster, if you can do them it helps with Fran. Wait, a squat snatch might be more fun... naaahhh Wait, I have got it, Snatch Balance and snatch balance presses are even more fun! (I would advise starting with the 15lb bar on your first snatch balance press)
    first time i've heard it called a cluster. interesting.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    I've been doing pretty good on the Paleo end. I went 30 days very strict, but now if I am out with the wife ill get something else. During the week I am pretty strict. The hardest part of it is that I drive for work (about 1000 miles a week) and if I don't get up early enough I am left with whatever I can find that is close to the diet. Truly Free on Perkins is supposed to be working on a Paleo menu. It'll be nice if they can get it right

Magpie cafe next to zippy's on perkens has paleo offerings pretty much daily. I tend to eat pretty strict during the week and more relaxed on the weekends, I don't go eating cakes and what nots but will have a burger with bun and fries or something like that. My wife is doing the whole 30 right now so I'm trying to not eat a to. Of stuff she can't in front of her.
    As for crossfit, enjoy yourself, have fun and listen to your body to avoid injury, I've been doing it for 7 months now and love it. Also I advise you take care of the calluses you will get, I wasn't and ripped for the first time last week, it sucks and I hope to not do it again with proper callus maintainence.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I started cold turkey. Quit smoking, started eating right and started exercising all at the same time. Really kicked my ass. 41lbs gone so far since mid November. I am passed the part of being able to do things I could do when I was younger to the point I can do things for the first time in my life. I am not up to a Jeremy level of transformation, but it is amazing what following the Crossfit diet and workout schedule can do.

I've lost 40lbs since late Feb. It's amazing how different I feel and how my clothes don't fit. LOL

I only thought of doing Crossfit because of jermey.

I am going again tonight but I am still sore from Tuesday. After my wife is done with the foundations classes I think I will go Mon and Thursdays so I have more time between sessions. I am planning once I get to feeling better then I will go 3x a week. I'm 47 years old and 100 pounds overweight so I need to go slow.

Now my question for you Crossfitters is, we are going home to Florida for 2 weeks in July. I told my wife we can't not do anything for two weeks. Can you pay a per session fee if you are visiting the area to attend for a cpl days?

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Magpie cafe next to zippy's on perkens has paleo offerings pretty much daily. I tend to eat pretty strict during the week and more relaxed on the weekends, I don't go eating cakes and what nots but will have a burger with bun and fries or something like that. My wife is doing the whole 30 right now so I'm trying to not eat a to. Of stuff she can't in front of her.
    As for crossfit, enjoy yourself, have fun and listen to your body to avoid injury, I've been doing it for 7 months now and love it. Also I advise you take care of the calluses you will get, I wasn't and ripped for the first time last week, it sucks and I hope to not do it again with proper callus maintainence.

I follow Magpies menu, nothing popped out to me as must have yet, but I just found out about it a couple weeks ago.

I take sandpaper to my calluses... Usually I will have some high grit around my machinery and it works great when they are humming along and I am just babysitting.

As far as squat clean thrusters, we just found out the name about a month ago, I call them cluster****s now. Up until a couple months ago I didn't have the balance/flexibility/strength/coordination to do a squat clean. Lots of extra time squat cleaning a medicine ball helped, along with lots of mobility.

Top Bottom