Free Palestine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    All this craziness in the world makes me miss a time when we had 0 wars, cheap gas, cheap ammunition, cheap groceries and mean tweets.
    You old timers talking ancient history again?? Lol, I remember the 70's too. Wish I'd known to stop and smell the leaded gas. That and buy gold!

I think WilsonCombatant meant the period while President Trump was in office with the mean tweets reference.

I must say that I have no fondness for the 70's at all. Remember the Vietnam war was still going on for the first part of the decade, and then we had the practice run
    for the Afghanistan departure fiasco with the evacuation of Saigon.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    "May Israel reduce the entire land of the attackers to nothing but smoldering ash and not even a whisper of life." Cat Cam

This post is wandering from his statement. That is ok because I respect the people here. I must say, however, that am sickened that Hamas infiltrators in our country are getting any positive attention. They need to be imprisoned or thrown out.

I feel the need to repeat his quote and add this to the thread. I must stand with Israel and the people of the Jewish faith in our country. They should not fear walking down a sidewalk in our country.

My father fought the Nazis to eliminate this horrible nonsense and I don't want to see his efforts lost.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Can some one remind me how many years there has been military conflict in that region of the world?
    Can some one tell me how much of our grand children's resources it will take to resolve it?
    Since its inception Islam has been a religion of the sword. Conquer, kill and convert.
    Christianity was too for a long time but has obviously evolved to match a more tamed world.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    IMG_4629.jpeg

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I feel like the proliferation of non standard media (basically everything that is not controlled by the few that ran newspapers and the AP) has caused a "need" to make all mainstream news to be polarizing.

Accuracy and truth are not really needed when shallow reporting backed up by editorials and opinions (which can be woven into the narrative so seamlessly that they are hard to differentiate from facts) are utilized to polarize the masses.

Consider that very few people are actually interested in regular news, mainly because it is either repetitive or boring, or hard to digest due to requiring a wealth of past knowledge to accurately interpret correctly. So it is much better to make the news polarizing, as that way the desired viewership can approach the magic 100%, half of which will believe one way, and half the other.

I use this as an example. My daughter, who is sub high school, knows the names of many politicians. At her age I barely knew the name of the current president. Certainly did not know any senators or reps names. So she has had the dubious benefit of this addition education over what i received. Good or bad, this is the direction that the connectivity of the modern world has given us.

It all goes back to the saying, "there is no such thing as bad publicity". Now these people are making themselves more accessible, using social media to promote their agendas. This broadens their appeal to the ones that agree with them, as well as those that do not. Instead of maybe 10 percent of people knowing who they are, and maybe half of those agreeing with them, they are aiming to get everyone to "tune in" and even if that means that they approach the "magic" 50/50 of love/hate or agree/disagree, they now have orders of magnitude more supporters. I do not believe that this "polarizing" will make any improvements, however I may be wrong.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I feel like the proliferation of non standard media (basically everything that is not controlled by the few that ran newspapers and the AP) has caused a "need" to make all mainstream news to be polarizing.

Accuracy and truth are not really needed when shallow reporting backed up by editorials and opinions (which can be woven into the narrative so seamlessly that they are hard to differentiate from facts) are utilized to polarize the masses.

Consider that very few people are actually interested in regular news, mainly because it is either repetitive or boring, or hard to digest due to requiring a wealth of past knowledge to accurately interpret correctly. So it is much better to make the news polarizing, as that way the desired viewership can approach the magic 100%, half of which will believe one way, and half the other.

I use this as an example. My daughter, who is sub high school, knows the names of many politicians. At her age I barely knew the name of the current president. Certainly did not know any senators or reps names. So she has had the dubious benefit of this addition education over what i received. Good or bad, this is the direction that the connectivity of the modern world has given us.

It all goes back to the saying, "there is no such thing as bad publicity". Now these people are making themselves more accessible, using social media to promote their agendas. This broadens their appeal to the ones that agree with them, as well as those that do not. Instead of maybe 10 percent of people knowing who they are, and maybe half of those agreeing with them, they are aiming to get everyone to "tune in" and even if that means that they approach the "magic" 50/50 of love/hate or agree/disagree, they now have orders of magnitude more supporters. I do not believe that this "polarizing" will make any improvements, however I may be wrong.
    There was a time when news organizations were happy if just the bills were paid each month. Then CNN Crossfire came out. A show whose sole purpose was to argue. People tuned in and they were able to charge allot more for commercials. That changed everything. “News” could now make allot of money as long as it was fighting and polarizing.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Would a Hamas (Palestinian) terrorist attack here in the USA change anyone's mind?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Would a Hamas (Palestinian) terrorist attack here in the USA change anyone's mind?
    not really because they are just mercenaries from various places pretending to be religious or ethnic people of certain places. They are willingly evil PoS and the reality of it is that they do not reflect the sentiments of the majority of their populations any more than Pelosi or McConnel do. Do I hold "America" accountable for destroying the most decent place in all of Africa, Lybia? No...that was just the leadership & the mercenaries they hired. The same people the US paid to destroy Libya fight for Hamas, ISIS, Al Qaeda, they are just bought losers with no life goal other than at best martyrdom, but mostly it's the life insurance their families will get after the Mercs get paid for Mercing, eat well, rape and murder people for a while.

There are 200,000+ Palestinian Christians in Israel and Palestine, do they get thrown into the meat grinder too...for the greater good?

Last edited:

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    I wanted to expand on this a bit. When Assad "allegedly" gassed his own people, the question many asked is, why? He was winning the war against our proxy force, ISIS so it was idiotic for him do do this. Obviously it would draw the US military's attention, which it did. The result being we now occupy many oil sectors in Syria and are stealing their oil. Too bad that free oil isn't helping our high energy costs, right? (we now know the "gas" wasn't Saran at all and it wasn't Assad, but the White Helmets who staged it)

So, why would Hamas attack America? To solidify the public's support behind Israel? To bring even more US troops and weaponry to Israel? Any attack in the US blamed on Hamas, well I'd be skeptical.

There are many question being posed in alternative media being asked about the media's narrative of events on Oct 7th, the Hamas attack. Some seem to have substance. (/me ducks!)

Top Bottom