Freedom munitions ammo specifically 223 good or bad??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I just purchased some ammo from them thinking I had read good things about them. But once I placed my order and decided to recheck what I was thinking I see some people complaining about it. This is what I bought:
    LAX Ammunition 223 Rem 55 gr Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) New 250 ct w/ FREE Ammo Can

I guess it's still possible to cancel my order if it's junk. Thought, advice, opinions on it??

Bam Bam

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I really wanted PMC, but the price of that stuff was higher and this deal i get a ammo can with it which I needed anyway. Price started out around .40 cents @ rd, but after shipping and taxes it's about .50 cents @ rd now.

pandabear

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Purchase. 223 along with other calibers for years. Keep in mind they're in business to make money. So they're gonna use the cheapest components they can find. Plus they buy brass from God know who. So no telling how many times been loaded before it got to you. Every so often I get a dud! Just throw away and move on.

gunnut

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    PA
    I have /shot thousands of rounds of .45, 10mm and have been happy with the value, no .223 yet.
    I will keep buying from them.
    There are some bad reviews out there on them but they seem to be from pre-Covid days.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Most of the .223 I’ve shot was purchased around the Obama depression. I didn’t personally buy it but got it from a friend/BS member. The new stuff was flawless. The reman was decent for plinking but had its share of duds. I don’t recall the percentage (at least 1k rounds shot) but I remember it being enough that I broke them down for components.
    Bottom line, they’re one of the best known reman ammo dumps in the nation. The ammo I had was loaded during the worst shortage we’ve seen in decades. I’d have to say they’re GTG.
    I did buy a 1000 round bulk pack of 9mm around the same time that had about the same ratio of bad rounds. Wound up with a squib in one of my little carbines.
    I remember their brass trade in deal being a rip off pretty much.

Anyway, for reman ammo, price, quality and customer service, my dollar goes to these guys:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I just purchased some ammo from them thinking I had read good things about them. But once I placed my order and decided to recheck what I was thinking I see some people complaining about it. This is what I bought:
    LAX Ammunition 223 Rem 55 gr Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) New 250 ct w/ FREE Ammo Can

I guess it's still possible to cancel my order if it's junk. Thought, advice, opinions on it??

Bam Bam
    Just bought 1k Winchester 5.56 from ar15discounts for 45¢/rd
    67636d5344fb763d9d050107285fba82.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BoBell
    Top Bottom