Generic Election Thread (Threads merged, all election posts go here)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    The difference between Obama and Romney by my last check in Florida is about 53k+ votes.

The number of Gary Johnson votes is 42k+.

Yay third party "conscience" voters!

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Unfortunately 3rd party did SOME damage, but it's the electorial votes that put the nail in the coffin. It's not like it didnt happen 12 years ago too.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    My neighborhood is pretty quiet tonight, although my neighbors also all have jobs, so that's to be expected.

I live in a low-income apartment complex (literally one of, if not the, the cheapest complexes in the SBC metroplex), and it's still very quiet/calm. It usually is, actually.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    what happened with the CCC tolls?
    BTW} I was at Cabela's yesterday and the guys were stocking the selves since they had a real run on ammo Friday, Sat, Sun. They said they have pnety stock and will keep putting it out guns too. Guy working there said everyone {well almost everyone} left with a gun and ammo and the rest left with ammo.
    Said they are ready for a post election run as well. Maybe this time they have lots of stock every where? Or will it be a run like 4 years ago in short order?

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Someone should check on Mr. Nugent tomorrow. I believe it was last year when Ted said if Obama was re-elected in November that by this time next year he would either be dead or in jail.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    what happened with the CCC tolls?
    BTW} I was at Cabela's yesterday and the guys were stocking the selves since they had a real run on ammo Friday, Sat, Sun. They said they have pnety stock and will keep putting it out guns too. Guy working there said everyone {well almost everyone} left with a gun and ammo and the rest left with ammo.
    Said they are ready for a post election run as well. Maybe this time they have lots of stock every where? Or will it be a run like 4 years ago in short order?

Wholesale sites are showing healthy stock levels on a lot of stuff, just prices are on the high side. I know bigger fish get lower prices. TONS of .223 from Lake City out there, wholesale isn't much cheaper than retail. Powder and primers look good as long as you are not picky about brands. I have been researching for a decent sized order. Some of the more popular powders and primers are out of stock or on back order, but it is not like 4 years ago.

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If Obama can do what he did the last 4 years and still win re-election, then I do not see how any Republican can hold the White House again. Is there something, I'm missing. I am terrified about what the next four years bring.

IDK about this.... I dont think this is so much that this will be the normal from now on.... The biggest reason obama won is because a LARGE MAJORITY of so called minoritys who never vote came out and voted.... This is example of the last elections a few years ago when republicans took over the house... Most of the people who came out for obama, were no where to be found to save the democrats. IMHO

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Wholesale sites are showing healthy stock levels on a lot of stuff, just prices are on the high side. I know bigger fish get lower prices. TONS of .223 from Lake City out there, wholesale isn't much cheaper than retail. Powder and primers look good as long as you are not picky about brands. I have been researching for a decent sized order. Some of the more popular powders and primers are out of stock or on back order, but it is not like 4 years ago.
    Thanks I am pretty much set just need more mil spect. Tula 223 and 7.62 primers { like them as much as CCI} 8 pounds Varget - or H4895 and a larger pile of lead
    And maybe 8 pounds of Red Dot or Promo

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks I am pretty much set just need more mil spect. Tula 223 and 7.62 primers { like them as much as CCI} 8 pounds Varget - or H4895 and a larger pile of lead
    And maybe 8 pounds of Red Dot or Promo

I might be set for life, I need stuff for my son and grandchildren. I am thinking of a second 650 to set up one large pistol, one small pistol just to have an extra in the years coming. I mean OEM primers come 50K to a case.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I will be ranting at work for weeks, but I'm shocked by having 40% votes in Illlinois for Romney.

We're beyond screwed and won't pull the ripcord til we bounce.

My wife won't move but her best friend said she'll start packing if I agree to drive the whole way to Texas.

And what do you think the reaction will be from Israel when they realize that they are now on their own?

Forget work, tomorrow everybody should go out and get welfare. You paid for it, may as well get it back before everything's given away to the deserving Obama voters.

Could this start a race/civil war? Naaah!

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Already told my wife about the welfare thing. Why not, right? I'm really scared about going back in the military now, because I really don't want to be on the wrong side in an Israeli/Palestinian war...

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    For those who choose Romney in the primary... :doh: dumasses.

Try choosing a conservative with clear difference from the communist

THIS!!!!^^^^^^

There are more democrats than republicans but there are even more independents/ third partiers... All but one of my democrat friends would have voted for Ron Paul... All of Ron Paul's supporters were pissed off by the last minute rule change at the convention that and before that the GOP running ads for Romney when he hadn't won the candidacy yet...

For all of you "Ron Paul can't win" and especially you "I like Ron Paul more but don't think he can win" people you absolutely made the wrong choice. He would have won in a landslide against Obama...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom