Get vaccinated

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    The vaxed are mad at the unvaxed and call them names. The unvaxed are mad at the vaxed and call them names. I think most are like me and are tired of it and don't give a rats ass if someone is vaxed or not.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    My reasons for being vaccinated are well documented here . I have NEVER judged anybody for their own decision . Some of the reasons I see for not getting it are just too far out there for me but I've kept my opinion to myself . I am dead set against any kind of forced compliance though .

That's the right approach. If you have it what the hell difference does it make if I have it?

Everyone getting vaccinated is not going to get rid of the virus!

And it should be known that the numbers of sick and infected are falling. Hospitalizations are falling.

I had covid19 back in February 2020. I'm positive I had it. They wouldn't test me for it in March because my symptoms had gone away. I had called my doctor and was prescribed antibiotics and it cleared up in a matter of days. Both my wife and I had it. She had it first. She works for a company that does a lot of foreign travel and has a lot of people in from overseas especially CHINA.

She did get vaccinated and it did make her very sick. It caused vertigo, and on 2 occasions she had to be brought to the emergency room.

When this virus started and testing was limited I was in my truck in line at West Jeff Hospital waiting to be tested and while waiting I was on the phone to get approval for testing when just before I reached the area for the nasal swab they said it wasn't necessary because I was recovering and symptoms were subsiding I pulled out of line drove away.

I think I've had it since then but milder. First time was a very strange illness very weird feeling. It seemed not to be an organic illness but more like a chemical poisoning. My chest hurt for many days after. A sore throat like I've never felt before. Many weeks after I was really weak and it was hard to just move from one end of the house to the other without being totally exhausted.

It was a very weird experience for both of us.

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    The vaxed are mad at the unvaxed and call them names. The unvaxed are mad at the vaxed and call them names. I think most are like me and are tired of it and don't give a rats ass if someone is vaxed or not.

I really never had an issue with it but I see more and more of the vaccinated people really getting pushy about it. Especially at work.

My boss constantly talks about it. Most people here in the office have had it and most people in the field don't.

It really never bothered me if someone has it or doesn't. I wear a mask and I social distance. I totally believe in natural immunity.

It has caused me not get as close to people as I once did.

HLM

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jun 15, 2021
    Hammond la
    Lots of people get deathly sick, or die from the vaccine. Ive watched more friends wither away from the vaccine then the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I chose capital letters to emphasize my point. I don't trust the people pushing it.[\quote]

I still laugh at the thought of you sitting in front of the computer yelling at the monitor.

I still don't understand why those that took the sheep's milk are so concerned with the folks that didn't?

Is it jealousy? Is it because they are scared they made a weak choice and would prefer everyone make the same weak choice?

It is peculiar. I know, I've heard the arguments as to why the vaxed are angry at the unvaxed and I say that's a bunch of ********!

So the people who took in all the information and decided to get the vaccine are scared and weak? That seems to be a difference between me and you. I don't resort to calling you names. Yes, I said your reason for not getting them is childish (and that reason still is) but I'm not saying you are a child for not getting it. By calling people names, you are attempting to push your view upon them. Unfortunately, your view appears to come from ignorance. It's akin to saying you won't eat something because it is green. Green is a color, not a flavor. It's dismissing something based on a factor unrelated to the thing. Get the vaccine or don't get the vaccine. That's a personal choice and I'm not going to push you one way or another. All I push is for people to make an informed decision. Not getting it because you don't trust the people who are pushing it says nothing about the vaccine itself.

Note: ignorance is not the same thing as stupidity. Ignorance is not an insult. Ignorance is simply not having information. Stupidity is having the information and making a bad choice.

I'll say this... If vaccination becomes mandatory that should really be cause for alarm for every American citizen.

I agree. It's a personal choice and people shouldn't be forced to inject something into their body without informed consent.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Lots of people get deathly sick, or die from the vaccine. Ive watched more friends wither away from the vaccine then the virus.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet this is statistically improbable anecdotal evidence. It's possible more of your friends have withered away from the vaccine than from the virus. If that's the case, I'd bet your experience is on the extreme end of the spectrum and is not a common experience.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I chose capital letters to emphasize my point. I don't trust the people pushing it.[\quote]

I still laugh at the thought of you sitting in front of the computer yelling at the monitor.

So the people who took in all the information and decided to get the vaccine are scared and weak? That seems to be a difference between me and you. I don't resort to calling you names. Yes, I said your reason for not getting them is childish (and that reason still is) but I'm not saying you are a child for not getting it. By calling people names, you are attempting to push your view upon them. Unfortunately, your view appears to come from ignorance. It's akin to saying you won't eat something because it is green. Green is a color, not a flavor. It's dismissing something based on a factor unrelated to the thing. Get the vaccine or don't get the vaccine. That's a personal choice and I'm not going to push you one way or another. All I push is for people to make an informed decision. Not getting it because you don't trust the people who are pushing it says nothing about the vaccine itself.

Note: ignorance is not the same thing as stupidity. Ignorance is not an insult. Ignorance is simply not having information. Stupidity is having the information and making a bad choice.

I agree. It's a personal choice and people shouldn't be forced to inject something into their body without informed consent.

You referred to me as a child/ childish/ ignorant and now stupid also. I see you make lots of posts and are obviously very skilled, Commando like skills as a matter of fact on a computer keyboard.. I'm sorry, I'm no match for you.

Lets end our exchange. You stand firm in your beliefs and I'll do the same. Good day sir.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You referred to me as a child/ childish/ ignorant and now stupid also. I see you make lots of posts and are obviously very skilled, Commando like skills as a matter of fact on a computer keyboard.. I'm sorry, I'm no match for you.

Lets end our exchange. You stand firm in your beliefs and I'll do the same. Good day sir.
    You really should read his post again, but slower, and try to make an effort to comprehend what he's writing instead of immediately just thinking about how you're going to respond.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I said using only defiance as the reason for not getting the vaccine is childish.

I did refer to you as ignorant and explained ignorance was simply not having information and was not an insult. There are a number of area in which I am ignorant. It's not a bad thing. It's simply that I have not been exposed to that information. For example, I would be one notch above useless in an emergency room. I have basic first aid skills but I lack almost all of the knowledge that would make me as useful as a doctor or a nurse. If I went to school or through a good bit of training, I would have the knowledge needed to effectively do that job. But until them, I'm pretty ignorant in that area.

I did not call you stupid. I contrasted ignorance and stupidity so you and others would not think the terms are interchangeable.

At no point in my replies did I say you should or should not get the vaccine. In fact, I always maintained it should be a personal choice. I've only advocated that people make an informed choice. I don't believe people getting the vaccine to comply with a mandate or people not getting the vaccine to defy a mandate is an informed choice because it's not based on relevant information. I'm not sure what so wrong about wanting people to make their own informed choice. But you've ended the conversation so I guess we'll never know.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I said using only defiance as the reason for not getting the vaccine is childish.

I did refer to you as ignorant and explained ignorance was simply not having information and was not an insult. There are a number of area in which I am ignorant. It's not a bad thing. It's simply that I have not been exposed to that information. For example, I would be one notch above useless in an emergency room. I have basic first aid skills but I lack almost all of the knowledge that would make me as useful as a doctor or a nurse. If I went to school or through a good bit of training, I would have the knowledge needed to effectively do that job. But until them, I'm pretty ignorant in that area.

I did not call you stupid. I contrasted ignorance and stupidity so you and others would not think the terms are interchangeable.

At no point in my replies did I say you should or should not get the vaccine. In fact, I always maintained it should be a personal choice. I've only advocated that people make an informed choice. I don't believe people getting the vaccine to comply with a mandate or people not getting the vaccine to defy a mandate is an informed choice because it's not based on relevant information. I'm not sure what so wrong about wanting people to make their own informed choice. But you've ended the conversation so I guess we'll never know.
    At this point you might be better off communicating with pictures...

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    You really should read his post again, but slower, and try to make an effort to comprehend what he's writing instead of immediately just thinking about how you're going to respond.

I did read the post Austin. I do comprehend what he's writing. It's peppered with stupid, ignorant, childish although not directly calling me those names but implying whomever feels the way I do is obviously stupid and ignorant.

Guy's listen... I said it earlier, this is a very sensitive issue and I really don't want to argue or burn bridges so I would really like to with all due respect end our exchanges on this matter.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I did read the post Austin. I do comprehend what he's writing. It's peppered with stupid, ignorant, childish although not directly calling me those names but implying whomever feels the way I do is obviously stupid and ignorant.

Guy's listen... I said it earlier, this is a very sensitive issue and I really don't want to argue or burn bridges so I would really like to with all due respect end our exchanges on this matter.

Nothing can be inferred just because a word is used in a reply. Context matters. And this shouldn't be a sensitive matter. If you want to get the vaccine, get it. If you don't want to get the vaccine, don't get it. It's a simple as that. But if you're so sensitive about a topic that the reasons for your decision can't be discussed, perhaps listing those reasons in a public forum designed for the discussion of topics may not have been the best idea.

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    Tape.jpg
    This should help settle this!!!

vr1967

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Liberty, MS
    One thing I’d like to ask about the shot (i don’t call it a vaccine, a vaccine by definition provides immunity) is, why is it free?

A buddy is high up in the state health department and I know in one of his zoom meetings with higher ups AND the CDC, they were saying more people need to be vaccinated, for them to push the shot, as enough doses have NOT been given to pay for the research. I heard this with my own two ears, as I was sitting on the other side of his desk when the meeting happened.

After the meeting, when I asked about that statement and the shots being *free*, he said the government pays for each shot.

Also,

In my 21 years overseas, I’ve been in 34 countries on 5 continents outside of North America, and basic drugs, ie penicillin, amoxicillin, malarial drugs, etc are available in just about every shop on the street, in shops in the airports, etc WITHOUT a prescription.

One of the old men that I worked with, (he has been in 111 countries, over 80 for 90 plus days, he’ll be 95 in 2 months) says the same thing. Why the script needed here?

Heck, I’ve bought penicillin out of a mud hut on the Mozambique border. The exact same brand/pack I could buy in Cape Town, or parts of Europe or Asia.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom