Glock can load a round when dropped.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    My glocks stay loaded and I check the chambers just before pulling the trigger except when I want the volume to go up.

Exactly. My Glocks are either loaded, or not (to and from range, etc). I don't understand the "inbetween" **** of having a loaded mag and empty chamber. And I obsessively rack the slide and check the chamber (like 4 or 5 times) before I pull the trigger anywhere but on the range.

Pulling the trigger on a loaded gun, whether you "know" there's one in the chamber or not is stupid. Him dropping the gun and loading a round only served to prove his stupidity.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    So... Are Glocks the ONLY pistol that this can happen to?

And I still fail to see what the big deal is. If anything, it's a strength-- the gun cycles and strips a round smoothly and easily. Perhaps a side effect (or proof) of it's reliability?

I'm also curious as to the spring weights of the two guns in question, but that's not an attempt to refute the videos. Just something that has me interested.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Not sure if this has been posted yet but very interesting relative to a Glock loading a round when dropped on its backside. As always, safety should prevail and always keep you finger off the trigger when handling. This brought up in another forum I belong to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcZGwrVNDXo&edit=ev&feature=uenh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K3QRoYV_n4

Gaston Glock is THE MAN!! The man thinks of everything- that's a great feature. You never know when or how that might come in handy! :bigok:

:pimp:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The guys in the vids were using stock springs.

Only one video shows the spring-- and I can clip that sucker by 5 coils (at least) and put it right back on the guide rod without you being able to tell in that brief glimpse he offers in low def film.

The second video, unless there's a longer version, just shows the kid jerking his arm around-- once.

I can't recreate the second video, and my G17 has a well worn 13# in it. (I'm not about to drop my gun to try to mimic the first one, either.) Not like I care so much whether or not either one is valid, but just the same-- trying to figure out how it's even possible.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    I can't recreate the second video, and my G17 has a well worn 13# in it. (I'm not about to drop my gun to try to mimic the first one, either.) Not like I care so much whether or not either one is valid, but just the same-- trying to figure out how it's even possible.
    I've tried it a little bit. It's hard on the elbows. You've got to be strong and you've got to be quick.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I tried to recreate the second video, too, with my Bersa, but it slipped out of my hand and now there's a hole in my wall.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    1st video, I'm not really sure what is going on there. When you see the pistol close up there sure is a lot of plastic frame sticking out on back, like maybe the slide is forward a little bit?

2nd video, cool beans.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    1st video, I'm not really sure what is going on there. When you see the pistol close up there sure is a lot of plastic frame sticking out on back, like maybe the slide is forward a little bit?

2nd video, cool beans.
    looked like a 4th gen with one of those large backstrap beavertail things.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Definitely a 4th gen by looking at the backstrap. About the thing I said earlier, never mind.
    Looked up pics of Gen 3 & 4 and they're both like that. Even my 26. Derp @ me.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I've tried it a little bit. It's hard on the elbows. You've got to be strong and you've got to be quick.

It actually was hard on my shoulder!

It looks like the kid in that 1st video has a G21, and the Rob Romero video is with a G35. Perhaps the heavier slide aids in the process, and you simply can't do it with all Glocks?

I'm definitely not strong, but quick-- yeah.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom