Glock Pheromones?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Well im sure everyone has their reasons. I own 6 Glocks and it has nothing to do with some stupid rapper talking about his.

I mostly like the reliability of the Glock. I like to know that when my life depends on it I have a gun that will fire with no problems. Sure....I could have a revolver and I do have a back up LCR. No......this is not COD or any other war game but if you can carry more ammo then why not. I would rather have too much than not enough any day of the week.

I have a Glock with well over 10,000 rounds through it and I have not even replaced a spring on the thing. Still fires like new.

I love the 1911 and other platforms also. I just like to carry a Glock. Maybe you wont like the grip angle of the Glock.....maybe you wont like the look......and im guessing you dont like the price either so there is a Sigma with your name on it. Get what you feel comfortable with.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    A glock is simply reliable, that's the appeal. Glocks are some of the only firearms in the world that will go bang 99% of the time, no matter the conditions.

I flipped my pirogue, and somehow my G19 slipped off my belt. It sat in salt water for about 14 hours until we could find it. When we got it up, I shook it out, dropped the mag, racked the slide, let it drain for a minute, then fired all 16rds into the mud.

How many guns can you think of that could sit neglected in a holster for months, yet still go bang when it is needed. That is the appeal.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Why not a Smith and Wesson Sigma then or an XD?

Sigma - garbage

xd - grip safety I rather not have to worry about.

Had a sigma as a truck gun. Was one of the worst firearms I've ever owned. Magazines are expensive, trigger pull was around 20lbs, and the overall fit and finish of the gun was just terrible. It did go bang when I pulled the trigger though...always the first time, not always the second time.

I have an XD45 with 2600rds down the pipe without issue. I trust the gun with my life, but if I dropped it in a soupy mud, I would be very hesitant to pull the trigger before a thorough cleaning. I have seen XDs fail because of gunked up firing pin channels.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I've dropped my Ruger P95 in a lake and was submerged for 3 hours. Found it,stripped it,dried it but had no cleaning supplies with me other than a bore snake with a littlebit of Break Free. Put it back together and fired 150 rounds continously and flawlessly. I know this thread is about Glocks and I own a G17L,but I will attest to the reliability of a Ruger. I might try that accident on a Glock one of these days. Maybe when I go back up to Montana where the incident occured.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Well im sure everyone has their reasons. I own 6 Glocks and it has nothing to do with some stupid rapper talking about his.

I mostly like the reliability of the Glock. I like to know that when my life depends on it I have a gun that will fire with no problems. Sure....I could have a revolver and I do have a back up LCR. No......this is not COD or any other war game but if you can carry more ammo then why not. I would rather have too much than not enough any day of the week.

I have a Glock with well over 10,000 rounds through it and I have not even replaced a spring on the thing. Still fires like new.

I love the 1911 and other platforms also. I just like to carry a Glock. Maybe you wont like the grip angle of the Glock.....maybe you wont like the look......and im guessing you dont like the price either so there is a Sigma with your name on it. Get what you feel comfortable with.

I used to shoot at a buddies backyard range who was a Korean Vet who had an Ed Brown 1911 he said had 50,000+ rounds through it. He had bought the gun in the late 70's and shot matches with it etc.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I am a loyal 1911 owner but I love sigs, H&K's, Kel-tec's, actually anything that uses gunpowder to propel an object. Can someone explain the Glock mindset. I mean I will not pore sand in my gun, submerge it and fire it under water, and/or run it over with a bulldozer that is set ablaze.
    I used to shoot at a buddies backyard range who was a Korean Vet who had an Ed Brown 1911 he said had 50,000+ rounds through it. He had bought the gun in the late 70's and shot matches with it etc.
    A 1911 vs. GLOCK thread, haven't seen one of these in a while.:mamoru:
    Sorry I just got done talking to a "well Glock is reliable kid". It sure is easy to respond with a pre-packaged corporate slogans.
    That's b/c they are.

:)

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Since these were the three most brought up:

IMG_0474.jpg

All have been very reliable, but can you guess which one I grab first?

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    A 1911 vs. GLOCK thread, haven't seen one of these in a while.:mamoru:

That's b/c they are.

:)

This isn't a Glock vs. 1911 this is glock vs. everything else. They are no more reliable than a sig, H&K, 1911, etc. The spring god rod assembly blows up after extended use and you sure won't see that with the sig, H&K, and any 1911.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    I agee with the Sigma is crap statement. God awful trigger pull, no accessories.

Sure revolvers are great!!! I think that a snub nose .38 is the most concealed carried weapon, or at least a backup.

Personally, I carry a Glock 23, and attire is not working for me, a Glock 27.
    My wife a Glock 19, 26, and a Bersa .380.

XD, why not? The grip safety issue I believe is a personal preference. Like Dodge, Chevy, or Ford. All good trucks but some people just like their brand.

What was not mentioned that I believe will catch up to Glock in a decade or so is the S&W M&P. Have'nt heard a bad thing about them.

I will add that I would like to buy a Taurus Judge as my next pistol when I get a chance.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Same reason lots of people are getting tattoos now they're cool and the thing to get. :rolleyes:

And they get all the free air time in the movie's.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    This isn't a Glock vs. 1911 this is glock vs. everything else. They are no more reliable than a sig, H&K, 1911, etc. The spring god rod assembly blows up after extended use and you sure won't see that with the sig, H&K, and any 1911.

Please, do tell. I've gotta hear this.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I agee with the Sigma is crap statement. God awful trigger pull, no accessories.

Sure revolvers are great!!! I think that a snub nose .38 is the most concealed carried weapon, or at least a backup.

Personally, I carry a Glock 23, and attire is not working for me, a Glock 27.
    My wife a Glock 19, 26, and a Bersa .380.

XD, why not? The grip safety issue I believe is a personal preference. Like Dodge, Chevy, or Ford. All good trucks but some people just like their brand.

What was not mentioned that I believe will catch up to Glock in a decade or so is the S&W M&P. Have'nt heard a bad thing about them.

I will add that I would like to buy a Taurus Judge as my next pistol when I get a chance.

I mentioned the M&P. I like the gun. The triggers suck on them in my opinion. I have the 9mm and its a great little gun. I still like my Glock over the M&P but I do like to shoot my M&P and also my XD. I just carry the Glock because I just have more faith in it. Its just from my own testing.

I like my 3 inch chambered Judge with the 3" barrel. I dont carry it but its nice to have.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom