Glock Pheromones?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    There is no such thing as the "best gun." It does not exist, except in ones mind.

You still miss the point. Did you read my latest post? I said that I trust mine because I've seen Glocks continue to perform, when many others simply do not.

I love my 1911 and XD, and would without hesitation trust them with my life, but my G19 is still my go to gun.

TO EACH HIS OWN. You like yours, I like mine. It's like saying a GMC is better than a Chevy...:mamoru:

Wow talk about ridiculous. I am sure they were thinking that when the made the trigger. We don't give a crap about how it feels it is a combat trigger. I felt like I grew more chest hair after reading that and had the urge to club a woman and drag her back to my lair. Seriously..... The trigger sucks and there are plenty of reliable triggers that exist that don't suck and are just as reliable.

What amazes me about all of this is I get the feeling you honestly think that Glock firearms are the most reliable, proven, and greatest firearm out there. Is that what your telling me because I find it hard to believe so many people can actually feel this way about glocks? I really believe glock owners should be able to state, "I think my glock is the best buy in the firearm market." That seems reasonable and somewhat believable (although I would disagree and reference the sig p226.) All that other talk is BS.

If a glock was a vehicle I would say it is a chevy. I drive a chevy and I love my chevy but I sure as hell am not calling my chevy a freaking H1. I wouldn't trade my chevy for a H1 not because it is better because it isn't but because of the comfort and familiarity of my chevy.

That is why I get so aggravated by glock fanatics they can't say I own a well made reliable pistol which is a great buy, not the best but pretty darn good.

P.S.
    I also believe in this instance it shouldn't be referred to as drinking the kool aid it should be guzzling the kool aid and asking for seconds before the contents of the original kool aid kick in.

Last edited:

missingAZ

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Morgan City
    I think all Glocks are the best buy in the firearm market.

There is no equal but it took me a while to realize that.

Sig 226 is a great gun but DA/SA sucks and the slide release position sucks for my shooting grip.

Last edited:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Wow talk about ridiculous. I am sure they were thinking that when the made the trigger. We don't give a crap about how it feels it is a combat trigger. I felt like I grew more chest hair after reading that and had the urge to club a woman and drag her back to my lair. Seriously..... The trigger sucks and there are plenty of reliable triggers that exist that don't suck and are just as reliable.

What amazes me about all of this is I get the feeling you honestly think that Glock firearms are the most reliable, proven, and greatest firearm out there. Is that what your telling me because I find it hard to believe so many people can actually feel this way about glocks? I really believe glock owners should be able to state, "I think my glock is the best buy in the firearm market." That seems reasonable and somewhat believable (although I would disagree and reference the sig p226.) All that other talk is BS.

If a glock was a vehicle I would say it is a chevy. I drive a chevy and I love my chevy but I sure as hell am not calling my chevy a freaking H1. I wouldn't trade my chevy for a H1 not because it is better because it isn't but because of the comfort and familiarity of my chevy.

That is why I get so aggravated by glock fanatics they can't say I own a well made reliable pistol which is a great buy, not the best but pretty darn good.

P.S.
    I also believe in this instance it shouldn't be referred to as drinking the kool aid it should be guzzling the kool aid and asking for seconds before the contents of the original kool aid kick in.
    Somewhere in your life a Glock must have offended you.Just let it go....LOL

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    Glocks suck, everything about them sucks, they are ugly, they aren't well balanced, they have horrible grips, they aren't accurate, they have terrible triggers, mags jam, they are delicate and break easily, they are the worst pistol ever made.

You can search the internet and find an unlimited number of horror stories about Glocks.

Here is a small example http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=77226&page=1

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    GREAT reliability

FEW parts (to go bad or replace)

EASY to disassemble/clean/reassemble with nothing more than a nail

HIGH resistance to corrosion

VERY resistant to malfunctions due to dirt/grit/soil/fouling

LONG life (10,000 rounds is just getting most Glocks broken in)

Easily modifiable

Parts are available everywhere

Easy to use

and, for SHTF, one of the best facts= they are meant to run almost completely dry. They need only 5 DROPS of oil per specs. Think about this- that means for bug out / SHTF scenarios, one 3 oz bottle of oil (considering you can run 1000 rnds EASY out of them before cleaning/oiling) is all you need to keep the thing running for like 1,000,000 rounds.

Last edited:

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    glock_kaboom_photo.jpg

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Go to kellymccanncombatives.com
    Products and scroll down to G19.

Seriously I read the bio but the guy has a red laser coming out of his eye in every picture. He thinks he is terminator. How can you take a guy like that seriously. I respect him for his service to our country but doing the terminator eye thing makes gun lovers look like nut jobs. I think we should all hold ourselves to a higher standard so the stereotypes like vigilante, redneck, etc can be squashed. The perfect example being someone like Wayne LaPierre the guy keeps his composure during interviews is respectful and well informed. I would say the majority of firearm owners are concerned, informed, trained, and caring individuals who feel like the protection of other members of society is important and necessary. Not laser eyed robots sent from the future to alter the past. Geeeeez

We don't need to add fuel to the stereotype fire.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville

Background story?

Did the user blatantly ignore the manufacturer's instructions and shoot a boatload of lead loads out of it without cleaning? Overpressure reloads? Run over by a truck? A simple pic does not indicate a problem with the manufacture, absent substantiating data.

I am not a koolaid drinker, but it gets old seeing people yell kB! kB! with no information.

Last edited:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    No just a person who picked a gun which is a good buy based on personal preference. You don't fit the fanatic category. Not yet anyway. Gulp Gulp Gulp

Yep i'm drinkin the kool-aid. 3 1911s, an XD45, 2 Smith and Wesson Revolvers, 2 Colt revolvers, an M&P9, and one Glock. :rolleyes:

Glocks suck, everything about them sucks, they are ugly, they aren't well balanced, they have horrible grips, they aren't accurate, they have terrible triggers, mags jam, they are delicate and break easily, they are the worst pistol ever made.

You can search the internet and find an unlimited number of horror stories about Glocks.

Here is a small example http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=77226&page=1

Not the first gun to explode with Remington UMC Ammunition. I've seen a Colt 6920, a Sig P229; P250, and an XD40 do the same thing.

Last edited:

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    There is no such thing as a weapon platform that has the kindof volume being sold and used as Glock without an occaisional problem. People make out like ZOMGWTFBBQ!!! Look at all the blown up guns!! Never pausing to wonder what a small percentage of the weapons in circulation that really amounts to, or how the bulk of those instances is from causes other than the weapon.

Man, you are making me sound like a fanboy, which I am not trying to be. I am just trying to be fair in damping down your sensationalism.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    missingaz, no what causes the jams was ammunition failure. Squib loads mostly.(I was learning how to reload my own.) I never had imy CZ75 jam mechanically. The internals are far from worn out. But I believe this is typical of modern firearm designs GLOCK, Sig, HK etc all do this now a days.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    never miss at 200 yards
    Top Bottom