Glock Pheromones?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    Glocks removed from a police department because of reliability problems
    http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/hhnj.html

More defective Glocks

http://www.theledger.com/article/20080313/NEWS/803130481

These guns should be banned for sale in the US

bilde

The Glock is the most overrated handgun in existence, when in reality it's just a Saturday Night Special!

Ok, I'll play.

Stay on topic, this is a thread about Glocks!

Last edited by a moderator:

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    Ok, I'll play.

Stay on topic, this is a thread about Glocks!

He was just showing you that ALL handguns are made by HUMANS which means they ALL can have malfunctions. Just because there are stories about glocks malfunctioning doesn't mean they ae junk.. Im sure there are just as many stories of other brands of guns also malfunctioning. Personally I don't like the angle of the glock handdle and the no safety. I also don't like the polimer guns, so I went with a CZ p-01. I'm sure there are some out there that have a P-01 who have had malfunctions.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Wow talk about ridiculous. I am sure they were thinking that when the made the trigger. We don't give a crap about how it feels it is a combat trigger. I felt like I grew more chest hair after reading that and had the urge to club a woman and drag her back to my lair. Seriously..... The trigger sucks and there are plenty of reliable triggers that exist that don't suck and are just as reliable.

What amazes me about all of this is I get the feeling you honestly think that Glock firearms are the most reliable, proven, and greatest firearm out there. Is that what your telling me because I find it hard to believe so many people can actually feel this way about glocks? I really believe glock owners should be able to state, "I think my glock is the best buy in the firearm market." That seems reasonable and somewhat believable (although I would disagree and reference the sig p226.) All that other talk is BS.

If a glock was a vehicle I would say it is a chevy. I drive a chevy and I love my chevy but I sure as hell am not calling my chevy a freaking H1. I wouldn't trade my chevy for a H1 not because it is better because it isn't but because of the comfort and familiarity of my chevy.

That is why I get so aggravated by glock fanatics they can't say I own a well made reliable pistol which is a great buy, not the best but pretty darn good.

P.S.
    I also believe in this instance it shouldn't be referred to as drinking the kool aid it should be guzzling the kool aid and asking for seconds before the contents of the original kool aid kick in.

Do you prefer dao or sa/da in your sigs and hks?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    No just a person who picked a gun which is a good buy based on personal preference. You don't fit the fanatic category. Not yet anyway. Gulp Gulp Gulp
    I had about. 6 or 7 handguns trying to find the perfect carry gun before I landed on the g19. Since then I have acquired 5 more glocks. Why? Because I shoot the 19 well. I shoot the other glocks well too. Nomatter which handgun I pick up there are no different manipulations, different trigger pulls, different sights, etc. Does that fall into your fanaticism? ;).

People choose certain makes and models because they like them for their own reasons, same as you.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I know this might cause some disturbances but why the glock? I will talk to these people who know nothing about weapons they buy a 9mm glock because some rapper refers to it and they think they own a light saber or something. What is so great about them? I honestly can't tell the difference between a glock and a Smith and Wesson sigma (besides 150.00) and you don't hear people wanted to sacrifice their first born for the Smith and Wesson sigma. I also get the because I want something that will fire when I pull the trigger response - I explain to them nothing beats revolver reliability and they come back with round capacity and I say this isn't Call of Duty Modern Warfare and/or Iraq you should only need a few at most. I am a loyal 1911 owner but I love sigs, H&K's, Kel-tec's, actually anything that uses gunpowder to propel an object. Can someone explain the Glock mindset. I mean I will not pore sand in my gun, submerge it and fire it under water, and/or run it over with a bulldozer that is set ablaze.

Therefore I am convinced that Glock sprays their guns with the pheromones of ovulating females. That coupled with rap references is what causes people to purchase glocks.

Sorry I just got done talking to a "well Glock is reliable kid". It sure is easy to respond with a pre-packaged corporate slogans.

What is your favorite burger? The whopper. Why? Because you can have it your way. This is the jest of my Glock owner conversation just replace gun for burger, glock for whopper, and Reliability for Have it your way.

Have you ever held the 2 side by side? If you have shot any number or handguns in your life, you can tell the differences all day long and I am much willing to pay the extra money.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    All them armies and police departments sure are stupid to choose the Glock over all other mfg's combined - Must be drinking a lot of kool aid during all those thousands of hours of tests!

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Have you ever held the 2 side by side? If you have shot any number or handguns in your life, you can tell the differences all day long and I am much willing to pay the extra money.

I haven't held them side by side but I have put several hundred rounds through a friends sigma and several thousand through both of the glocks I used to own. My first glock 30 and my second glock 36. I guess I must be inexperienced. I might need to see the light, and I might need another round of kool aid. You could be right or they both could feel like safe action polymer pistols with similar ergonomics. I didn't disassemble and compare internal parts but they feel the same to me............ Cheap

Luckily I have had the pleasure of shooting several different pistols. I like beretta 92, XD, S&W M&P, H&K USP compact and sc, Sig Sauer p226, p228, p220, Kel-Tec P11 and p9, 1911 from SA, Taurus, Kimber, Ed Brown, Dan Wesson, Nighthawk, and Colt all better than any glock I have ever had an experience with. Just my personal preference but glock is on the end of my list the only glock product I have ever enjoyed was a Kel-Tec sub-2000 that was fitted for glock 9mm magazines. So I can say +1 to the 33rd glock 9mm magazines.

If price is a concern I would go with a XD, Kel-Tec, CZ, High Point, and several other pistols out there before I would dish out the same if not more funds for a glock.

If you willing to pay the extra money you should be willing to dish out more and buy a quality 1911, H&K, and/or Sig.

I can't argue the lack of experience but I can say that I don't have to shoot something for 10,000 rounds to know that I think it is mediocre at best.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I haven't held them side by side but I have put several hundred rounds through a friends sigma and several thousand through both of the glocks I used to own. My first glock 30 and my second glock 36. I guess I must be inexperienced. I might need to see the light, and I might need another round of kool aid. You could be right or they both could feel like safe action polymer pistols with similar ergonomics. I didn't disassemble and compare internal parts but they feel the same to me............ Cheap

Luckily I have had the pleasure of shooting several different pistols. I like beretta 92, XD, S&W M&P, H&K USP compact and sc, Sig Sauer p226, p228, p220, Kel-Tec P11 and p9, 1911 from SA, Taurus, Kimber, Ed Brown, Dan Wesson, Nighthawk, and Colt all better than any glock I have ever had an experience with. Just my personal preference but glock is on the end of my list the only glock product I have ever enjoyed was a Kel-Tec sub-2000 that was fitted for glock 9mm magazines. So I can say +1 to the 33rd glock 9mm magazines.

If price is a concern I would go with a XD, Kel-Tec, CZ, High Point, and several other pistols out there before I would dish out the same if not more funds for a glock.

If you willing to pay the extra money you should be willing to dish out more and buy a quality 1911, H&K, and/or Sig.

I can't argue the lack of experience but I can say that I don't have to shoot something for 10,000 rounds to know that I think it is mediocre at best.
    :rofl: at the bold!!! I'm not a glock fan, but I know that both of the bolded brands are no where near as reliable as a glock especcially the hi purnt.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Anyone got a link to a you tube vidieo for a Sigma leg, or a HK leg, or aXD leg, or a M&P leg; I guess the auto mfgs are just a little slow to catch on to the 'put the brake pedal on the accecerator pedal'

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    howaglockworks.gif

I felt the need to post that. I don't have anything against glocks. I just find it amusing. Actually, I have never shotten a glock before only a handful of revolvers, 1911's in various calibers, and a few other semi-auto handguns. Glocks seem to work fine, the only issue I have with them is that safe-action trigger BS they keep going on about. As far as I am aware a glock has no safety other than the lever on the trigger itself.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    All them armies and police departments sure are stupid to choose the Glock over all other mfg's combined - Must be drinking a lot of kool aid during all those thousands of hours of tests!

I guess your right all of them armies and police departments know best and obviously aren't limited by budget and have to buy a gun that requires little amounts of maintenance and has cheap replaceable parts. Glock is a good buy no doubt but it isn't a top notch gun.

With that attitude I would just call the local sheriffs office and let them pick your pistol for you.

I can see it now Ring Ring. Hey what you guys carrying. What a glock, taser, and a flashlight? oh ok I guess I will have to get myself one of those. What was the name of that taser?

I usually put a little more effort and research into what I purchase not just emulate what is popular at the time. Luckily I only have to purchase firearms for myself and not a bland one size fits all firearm which makes the most people happy.

This will be my last post I have vented enough thanks for allowing me to free associate on Glocks. Hope no one took offense and I will probably be selling my 1911's in the future and switching to something more modern. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom