Glock Pheromones?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    This isn't a Glock vs. 1911 this is glock vs. everything else. They are no more reliable than a sig, H&K, 1911, etc. The spring god rod assembly blows up after extended use and you sure won't see that with the sig, H&K, and any 1911.
    I am guessing the 1911 if not your delusional.
    So it's a bash thread?

You've already made up your mind that the GLOCK's reliability is the unicorn of the firearm world, and the recommendations come from guys who wear their pants around their ankles and put their caps on sideways.

This thread will be filled with people's personal experiences and preferences.

:)

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    So it's a bash thread?

You've already made up your mind that the GLOCK's reliability is the unicorn of the firearm world, and the recommendations come from guys who wear their pants around their ankles and put their caps on sideways.

This thread will be filled with people's personal experiences and preferences.

:)

I agree. You asked why people like Glocks. You've no right to bash them because they do, especially since you're the one that asked.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Please, do tell. I've gotta hear this.

You haven't seen the torture test where they keep shooting tons and tons of ammo and the guide rod melts and shoots out the front of the gun. It was pretty much said to **** people off because there really isn't a situation where this would occur unless you had a glock 18 or something. I think the guide rod and spring assemblies are garbage though and I also believe that Glocks are inferior to sigs and H&K's. Better trigger pull on both and better quality from both manufactures in my opinion.

missingAZ

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Morgan City
    Everyone has their loyalties to certain brand of firearm or certain type of firearms and thats just how it is. My attraction to glock is that they are the easiest thing I have ever seen to completely take down, STANDARDIZED parts define abundant and do not require a badge to buy, I like the trigger, light weight, a G19 is small enough to conceal yet large enough to handle, mags are extremely durable and again are standardized, no external crap like thumb safeties or grip safeties. Thats what I can think of right now.

Another thing is that all model glocks are the basically same other than differences in dimensions to chamber different cartridges. What that means is that every single glock proves the reliabilty of glock. HK for example has many different models with different triggers, decocker/safeties, etc. HK for example doesn't really have a standard proven model like Glock does. With all due respect, please read that last statement several times before responding to it.

With the simplicity of Glock, the well proven track record, the parts availability, the intuitive functionality, and best of all the price point for argueably a perfect handgun why buy anything else? What does any handgun 1911, HK, Sig, Ruger do that a Glock doesn't do.

BTW, I own several Glocks and it has nothing to due with rappers, thats a pretty ignorant statement to make.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Better trigger pull? Maybe. That's a matter of personal preference.
    Better quality? Maybe.
    Better reliability? Probably on par.
    More expensive? Damn right.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I agree. You asked why people like Glocks. You've no right to bash them because they do, especially since you're the one that asked.

I don't think Glock reliability is the unicorn of the firearm world actually I think reliability is now a normal aspect of the firearm world. With quality control and the precision of modern technology the firearms being produced by the quality manufactures all match if not exceed the Glock. I think glock fanatics are being manipulated into buying a gun based on Marketing more than actual objective reasoning. I am tired of seeing the "I have seen the light I bought a glock posts".

I am not bashing glock owners I just think they need to relax and realize they don't have a omnipotent firearm that is the product of divine intervention. They have a well made reliable firearm that is easily matched by Sig Sauer, H&K, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Beretta, etc.

Glock = run of the mill polymer pistol which is the product of modernization found 10 times over from every other pistol manufacturer.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Everyone has their loyalties to certain brand of firearm or certain type of firearms and thats just how it is. My attraction to glock is that they are the easiest thing I have ever seen to completely take down, STANDARDIZED parts define abundant and do not require a badge to buy, I like the trigger, light weight, a G19 is small enough to conceal yet large enough to handle, mags are extremely durable and again are standardized, no external crap like thumb safeties or grip safeties. Thats what I can think of right now.

Another thing is that all model glocks are the basically same other than differences in dimensions to chamber different cartridges. What that means is that every single glock proves the reliabilty of glock. HK for example has many different models with different triggers, decocker/safeties, etc. HK for example doesn't really have a standard proven model like Glock does. With all due respect, please read that last statement several times before responding to it.

With the simplicity of Glock, the well proven track record, the parts availability, the intuitive functionality, and best of all the price point for argueably a perfect handgun why buy anything else? What does any handgun 1911, HK, Sig, Ruger do that a Glock doesn't do.

BTW, I own several Glocks and it has nothing to due with rappers, thats a pretty ignorant statement to make.

I would say check out the new sig p250 easier take down the modularity you refer to is actually better than the glocks. Hopefully I converted someone.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Correction the statement about rappers wasn't "ignorant" it was inflammatory. Big difference I obviously understand that most people don't buy Glocks because of rap music most people buy Glocks to protect themselves from Rap Musicians.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    You haven't seen the torture test where they keep shooting tons and tons of ammo and the guide rod melts and shoots out the front of the gun. It was pretty much said to **** people off because there really isn't a situation where this would occur unless you had a glock 18 or something. I think the guide rod and spring assemblies are garbage though and I also believe that Glocks are inferior to sigs and H&K's. Better trigger pull on both and better quality from both manufactures in my opinion.

Yep I've seen a few 1000+ round tests, including one where a part of the guide rod melted. If I do recall, the gun fired another 240rds to complete the test after the failure. I also recall that the gun had an estimated 20k+ rounds already through it.

Back to the trigger again. A glock trigger is not supposed to feel good. Its designed for simplicity and function, a "combat" trigger if you will. You can make it feel good, but why fix something that isn't broken.

You asked for an opinion, we gave you one. You like 1911s, we get that. I like them too, but I will still grab my glock first, as I shoot it the most often, and it goes with me pretty much everywhere.

I've shot quite a range of firearms in my short time on this planet. I like Sigs, HKs, M&Ps, Revolvers, etc. They all have their place, and as a matter of fact I've got an old German P226 that is a dream to shoot, but I don't carry it with me because it's a little on the bulky side and my G19 has the same capacity in a compact frame. If you want to talk polymer Sigs, the SigPro is a much better firearm than the P250, in both trigger and overall fit and finish.

Last edited:

missingAZ

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Morgan City
    Perhaps I am a Luddite but the "lack of modernization" is precisely what makes Glock so good. You don't need anything added to a Glock. What exactly is "modernization found 10 times over from every other pistol manufacturer"? Hands down, Glock has the best finish. Thats pretty modern.

I really don't understand how you can say glock is easily matched by sig, hk, s&w, ruger?, taurus?, kel-tec???, etc.

missingAZ

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Morgan City
    Sorry but I think the Sig P250 is junk. It is a total departure from what makes a Sig a Sig, for the worst. I own a 226.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Well I have a CZ75 that has well over 10k rounds fired through it without any jams atributible to the weapon. All modern firearms should last as long as GLOCK and many are now just as reliable. I don't get why some people get so emotional in their defense of a firearm design. Let's face it all handguns are just tools. Pick one up and get the job done. Now I have preferences for handgun designs too. I'll defend my preferences too. But some people get so emotional when it comes to GLOCK.

I've been to many matches and seen many GLOCKs fail too.

Dave

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Well I have a CZ75 that has well over 10k rounds fired through it without any jams atributible to the weapon. All modern firearms should last as long as GLOCK and many are now just as reliable. I don't get why some people get so emotional in their defense of a firearm design. Let's face it all handguns are just tools. Pick one up and get the job done. Now I have preferences for handgun designs too. I'll defend my preferences too. But some people get so emotional when it comes to GLOCK.

Dave

+1 for the most part. I defend Glocks because of what I've seen them go through and still function. It's not necessarily a round count thing. I've seen other handguns fail, where Glocks keep on going.

Last edited:

missingAZ

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Morgan City
    I'll stick my neck out and say Glocks only fail due to lack of what very little maintenance is required. It is a machine. So what did cause the jams in your CZ75? Magazines? Thats my point about Glock mags. Most malfs in a Glock are due to limpwristing, easily corrected.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Back to the trigger again. A glock trigger is not supposed to feel good. Its designed for simplicity and function, a "combat" trigger if you will.

Wow talk about ridiculous. I am sure they were thinking that when the made the trigger. We don't give a crap about how it feels it is a combat trigger. I felt like I grew more chest hair after reading that and had the urge to club a woman and drag her back to my lair. Seriously..... The trigger sucks and there are plenty of reliable triggers that exist that don't suck and are just as reliable.

What amazes me about all of this is I get the feeling you honestly think that Glock firearms are the most reliable, proven, and greatest firearm out there. Is that what your telling me because I find it hard to believe so many people can actually feel this way about glocks? I really believe glock owners should be able to state, "I think my glock is the best buy in the firearm market." That seems reasonable and somewhat believable (although I would disagree and reference the sig p226.) All that other talk is BS.

If a glock was a vehicle I would say it is a chevy. I drive a chevy and I love my chevy but I sure as hell am not calling my chevy a freaking H1. I wouldn't trade my chevy for a H1 not because it is better because it isn't but because of the comfort and familiarity of my chevy.

That is why I get so aggravated by glock fanatics they can't say I own a well made reliable pistol which is a great buy, not the best but pretty darn good.

P.S.
    I also believe in this instance it shouldn't be referred to as drinking the kool aid it should be guzzling the kool aid and asking for seconds before the contents of the original kool aid kick in.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I know this might cause some disturbances but why the glock? I will talk to these people who know nothing about weapons they buy a 9mm glock because some rapper refers to it and they think they own a light saber or something. What is so great about them? I honestly can't tell the difference between a glock and a Smith and Wesson sigma (besides 150.00) and you don't hear people wanted to sacrifice their first born for the Smith and Wesson sigma. I also get the because I want something that will fire when I pull the trigger response - I explain to them nothing beats revolver reliability and they come back with round capacity and I say this isn't Call of Duty Modern Warfare and/or Iraq you should only need a few at most. I am a loyal 1911 owner but I love sigs, H&K's, Kel-tec's, actually anything that uses gunpowder to propel an object. Can someone explain the Glock mindset. I mean I will not pore sand in my gun, submerge it and fire it under water, and/or run it over with a bulldozer that is set ablaze.

Therefore I am convinced that Glock sprays their guns with the pheromones of ovulating females. That coupled with rap references is what causes people to purchase glocks.

Sorry I just got done talking to a "well Glock is reliable kid". It sure is easy to respond with a pre-packaged corporate slogans.

What is your favorite burger? The whopper. Why? Because you can have it your way. This is the jest of my Glock owner conversation just replace gun for burger, glock for whopper, and Reliability for Have it your way.

Go to kellymccanncombatives.com
    Products and scroll down to G19.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    never miss at 200 yards
    Top Bottom