Glock Pheromones?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    You're right, of course.

But this has become an interesting study in obtuse-ness (is that a word?:mamoru:) I mean... if he was using his favored 1911 "platform" as a comparator, he might have a leg to stand on. But the STIGMA?????

Gotta see how it plays out. This guy must be a descendant of Custer...:rofl:

Come on lets be serious I don't need to compare the Glock to the 1911 the 1911 is on a different level. The 1911 is the greatest handgun ever produced. This is known.

However being in the state of ignorance that I am in and finding it tough to do multiple tasks such as breathing and typing etc. (Hold on Pause for Breath) I would love to be informed of the huge differences between the sigma and glock that I am not aware of. I mean differences besides the "Stigma is a POS". I have taken that into account but for some reason that doesn't seem like an objective statement. I tried looking into POS as a unit of measurement it isn't one so I am left with blah blah blah.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I switched from Sig .45 to Glock 9mm for work. Why? I shot it better and faster. Being able to put more rounds on target faster than the next guy is the definition of survival in a gunfight. Going from 25rds on person to 52 enables me to stay effectively in a fight for longer, should the need arise.

Pius my concealed gun, a G26, has been carried IWB, slide to skin, nearly daily for 3.5 years with not a speck of rust. My Sigs would surface rust just from being in the air. I have friends who tried to carry 1911s at work and had to stop due to rust. Nobody wants rust on their $1,000 handgun

Are there fancier guns? yes. Are there other guns I'd love to own? god yes! Is there another handgun I want more in my hands when the feces strikes the air circulation device? nope.

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    +1

Yeah, I want to carry a heavy hunk of metal around with me all day just so I can fire 8+1 rounds. :mamoru:

Heavy means reliable if it doesn't work you can always hit them with it. Suitable for upcoming November 1st. If you can't do it with 8 rounds+1 rounds you shouldn't be attempting to in the first place.

Like I said the finest weapon ever created - the 1911. I can't even believe you called it a heavy hunk of metal more like a heavy hunk of perfection.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    This thread makes me :rofl:.

For the record, I'm a HUGE fan of the Smegma pistols, especially in the hands of criminals. Anything that increases my survival chances is okay with me.

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    I've fired a few Glocks, but I don't own any. I don't care for them for me to use. I think they are a well made, reliable, and durable handgun.

I don't believe they are the alpha and omega of firearms the way some fanboys like to parrot.

I really dislike their grip's overall shape and angle. The gun's factory sights are crap. (Most owners I know were quick to replace them.) I don't care for the unsupported case but I doubt it to be much of a problem if any with quality ammo.

I think they're good guns, just overrated by a very vocal minority of fanboys. Fanboys that love to feed haters. Glock starts putting out a gun that better fits me and I'll be the first in line to give them a shot. I just don't buy the "PERFECTION" sales pitch.

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I like glocks because they work for me.
    The grip angle feels natural.
    The thickness of it's "blockish" grip forces me to grip it properly (pad of finger meets trigger)
    It's as reliable as any of it's competitors when handled and cared for properly.
    Price is in my ballpark.
    It's ugly.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Wow! Where to begin? Yes polymer frames did start a fundamental shift in how handguns are made. But it was first used as a cost cutting measure. Metal frame handguns could also be made with interchangable panels that change grip size. As a matter of fact they are called "grips" and can be purchased in wood, metal, ivory, or even polymer.

Yes the 1911 is a iconic design with a place in the future. But so is Glock even though I don't care for it.

Dave

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Heavy means reliable if it doesn't work you can always hit them with it.

lol.gif

daman.gif

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    This thread = Funny

That's right. Glocks suck.
    Send my Your Glocks and I will send you a $200 Wallmart giftcard!

Now, on to serious:

Sigmas suck, I've seen several just break from shooting (I'm talking major parts, and yes, the 'improved' versions)

XD's:
    Like the way they feel... don't hold up in shooting classes. (Jam)
    -Partial mag issue

1911's:
    LOVE THEM.
    Problem:
    Design is from an Era of hand fitting, does not do so well when stamped out my machines. (And I have some NICE ones)

Glock, SIG, Ruger, HK, Beretta... all work.
    I cann, and have picked up any and ran with it.

Don't like the feel of most Berettas, the safety or the slide.

HK: Overly big for what is (Reciently... improvements have been made)
    Overpriced, and I HATE the placement of the mag release.
    Mags VERY overpriced.

Ruger:
    Reliable, big,
    Price is so close to Glock prices I might as well get one.
    DA/SA

SIG:
    If I HAD to have a DA/SA... I would have a SIG.
    Priced high, and rusts too easy.

Glock:
    Cheap.
    Mags are cheap
    Parts are cheap
    Works
    acessories all over (Important)

Couple big things about them:
    Mag interchangability
    Subcompacts (That use same mags)
    WONDERFUL Glock finish (I carried a 1911 for YEARS... Cleaning rust off every night after a few)
    SAME trigger pull EVERY time.

nastynewt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2007
    Franklinton/Houma LA
    I haven't held them side by side but I have put several hundred rounds through a friends sigma and several thousand through both of the glocks I used to own. My first glock 30 and my second glock 36. I guess I must be inexperienced. I might need to see the light, and I might need another round of kool aid. You could be right or they both could feel like safe action polymer pistols with similar ergonomics. I didn't disassemble and compare internal parts but they feel the same to me............ Cheap

Luckily I have had the pleasure of shooting several different pistols. I like beretta 92, XD, S&W M&P, H&K USP compact and sc, Sig Sauer p226, p228, p220, Kel-Tec P11 and p9, 1911 from SA, Taurus, Kimber, Ed Brown, Dan Wesson, Nighthawk, and Colt all better than any glock I have ever had an experience with. Just my personal preference but glock is on the end of my list the only glock product I have ever enjoyed was a Kel-Tec sub-2000 that was fitted for glock 9mm magazines. So I can say +1 to the 33rd glock 9mm magazines.

If price is a concern I would go with a XD, Kel-Tec, CZ, High Point, and several other pistols out there before I would dish out the same if not more funds for a glock.

If you willing to pay the extra money you should be willing to dish out more and buy a quality 1911, H&K, and/or Sig.

I can't argue the lack of experience but I can say that I don't have to shoot something for 10,000 rounds to know that I think it is mediocre at best.

I dont need a High Point ...I have a Craftsman hammer

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Sigma - garbage

xd - grip safety I rather not have to worry about.

+1

also, i've read reports of xd's having magazine issues.

On the XD magazine issue, I can say FIRST HAND, I've seen one fail! AS in the front lip of the magazine bend!

2 months ago, on a Monday night while we were shooting at Precision. I was doing a mag change and dropped the mag as usual and when I picked it up, the lip had bent enough to where it would not let a round out. Narco was there, and to add further insult to me; he pulled out one of his G19 mags and threw it down range to prove how strong they were.

For some strange reason, I've held onto my old G-17 for several years. I just don't know why///

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Come on lets be serious I don't need to compare the Glock to the 1911 the 1911 is on a different level. The 1911 is the greatest handgun ever produced. This is known.

However being in the state of ignorance that I am in and finding it tough to do multiple tasks such as breathing and typing etc. (Hold on Pause for Breath) I would love to be informed of the huge differences between the sigma and glock that I am not aware of. I mean differences besides the "Stigma is a POS". I have taken that into account but for some reason that doesn't seem like an objective statement. I tried looking into POS as a unit of measurement it isn't one so I am left with blah blah blah.

Wow.....:rolleyes:

Top Bottom