Glock Pheromones?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    This isn't a Glock vs. 1911 this is glock vs. everything else. They are no more reliable than a sig, H&K, 1911, etc. The spring god rod assembly blows up after extended use and you sure won't see that with the sig, H&K, and any 1911.

Try to convince Dawg23 of that.

A Glock is just a poorly designed block of plastic

Yes, that's why so many police agencies an armys use them as standard side arms :rolleyes:

Heavy means reliable if it doesn't work you can always hit them with it. Suitable for upcoming November 1st. If you can't do it with 8 rounds+1 rounds you shouldn't be attempting to in the first place.
    BS snipped

This is the second time you've made this stupid remark. I switched from a 7rnd .45 to a 10-16 rnd 9mm for this very reason. Perhaps you should read the story at the following link, paying special note to how many shots it took to stop the threat of the subject.

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/01/one-man-got-involved-perry_12.html

Last edited:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Here, let me see if I can 'splain it:

1911's and revolvers:
    Loved by old people because they are, well, old.
    Hk's:
    Loved by uber tacticool wannabees because SEALS used to carry SOCOMS, and they make all those cool guns in the video games the kids like.
    Glocks:
    Loved by the common people who can't really afford the tacticool coolness of a Hk and try to make up for it by owning many, many of the same looking gun.
    Sig's:
    See Hk's above
    Lorcin, Jennings, High point:
    Loved by those who truly understand the finer things in life. Owning a 1911/Hk/Glock/Sig is like parking a 6 year old Kia in the garage. Owning a Lorcin/Jennings/High Point is parking a Ferrari Enzo in the same garage.

Hope this helps shed some light on this whole discussion! No thanks needed.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Try to convince Dawg23 of that.

Yes, that's why so many police agencies an armys use them as standard side arms :rolleyes:

BS snipped

This is the second time you've made this stupid remark. I switched from a 7rnd .45 to a 10-16 rnd 9mm for this very reason. Perhaps you should read the story at the following link, paying special note to how many shots it took to stop the threat of the subject.

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/01/one-man-got-involved-perry_12.html

I did read the article and appreciate you posting it. It took 5 shots from a sig p220 .45 acp with 230grain hydrashock to stop the enraged driver. Not including the one that grazed his rib fired by the officer out of a jammed glock 22. I stated that if you can't finish the job in 8+1 rounds you shouldn't be attempting it. Doing my own gorilla math using both of my sets of toes since, I am typing with my fingers, that leaves a very happy sig sauer proponent with 4 additional unused rounds.

In all seriousness 90% of what I say is bull to get a rise out of people. Glocks are good guns, not my cup of tea, but they are workhorses and I understand that. I screw around a lot and enjoy flustering people's feathers and that was the main point of this thread. However, This is known: it is shot placement that determines the final outcome and shot placement is a direct result of training. So you take your 16 rounds of 9mm and I will take my 9 rounds of .45 acp 230+p corbon both of which we obviously feel comfortable with. Hopefully will never be put in the same position as Stephens (from the article) and if we are we will be prepared.

So thanks for putting up with my nonsense over the holiday weekend and I am glad we had a few laughs and God Bless.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I did read the article and appreciate you posting it. It took 5 shots from a sig p220 .45 acp with 230grain hydrashock to stop the enraged driver. Not including the one that grazed his rib fired by the officer out of a jammed glock 22. I stated that if you can't finish the job in 8+1 rounds you shouldn't be attempting it. Doing my own gorilla math using both of my sets of toes since, I am typing with my fingers, that leaves a very happy sig sauer proponent with 4 additional unused rounds.

In all seriousness 90% of what I say is bull to get a rise out of people. Glocks are good guns, not my cup of tea, but they are workhorses and I understand that. I screw around a lot and enjoy flustering people's feathers and that was the main point of this thread. However, This is known: it is shot placement that determines the final outcome and shot placement is a direct result of training. So you take your 16 rounds of 9mm and I will take my 9 rounds of .45 acp 230+p corbon both of which we obviously feel comfortable with. Hopefully will never be put in the same position as Stephens (from the article) and if we are we will be prepared.

So thanks for putting up with my nonsense over the holiday weekend and I am glad we had a few laughs and God Bless.

Stirring the capacity pot a bit more, he got 5 hits on a stationary target in a probably stationary (or slow moving) pace.

what happens when you add movement on both sides of the equation. do you still think you can get 100% hits?

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Stirring the capacity pot a bit more, he got 5 hits on a stationary target in a probably stationary (or slow moving) pace.

what happens when you add movement on both sides of the equation. do you still think you can get 100% hits?

That is why I only shoot stationary objects. So I will kindly ask the target to hold still.

I actually carry two 1911's believe it or not. A four inch Kimber Eclipse strong side at 3 o'clok and a 3 inch Kimber Tactical Carry (ambi saftey) small of my back for my left hand. The way I figure it I will die blazing with some pretty freaking awesome guns.

God I love this country and God I love 1911's and Dawg I am not old I am young (24) so there goes your theory right out the window. That might help explain the ignorance though......;)

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge

Correct, not including the pepper spray and 1 40 cal bullet from a Glock 22 so 6 shots. Suppose there are two? Or three, or more? I'll take 15 Cor Bon 9mm over 8 .45 any day. And I keep a 33 round Glock mag in my console. *I* do not trust a 1911 shoved in my pants with that hammer hanging there. Oh and my 15 rounds of 9mm Cor Bon DPX +p do just as much damage as the .45 model.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You can throw around odds, stats and data all day long, but the fact of the matter is...IMO the only guarantee in a gunfight is that it will NEVER go as planned. What happens when you expend your 7 or 8 rounds and BG is still coming at you? You gonna tell him that 86.934% of gunfights are supposed to be over within 3-4 rounds? Do you think he will care?

Shot placement IS key, and I want as many chances at it as possible. I carry a 12+1 and an extra mag, and still feel like it ain't enough.

You also have to consider there may be more than one BG. From what I see everyday in NOLA, thugs travel in packs. What happens when you dump your load into Thug #1, regroup and realize the barrel of Thug #2's High Pernt is halfway up to your face? You gonna kindly explain to him that your single stack .45 (which, by the way, was voted #1 handgun ever by Gun Ads Monthly) is out of ammo, and it would be swell if him and his buddies could just run away like the statistics say he should? Maybe he'll be so impressed by the HUGE gaping holes in his friend that he'll just give you an Obama bump and walk away...

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Correct, not including the pepper spray and 1 40 cal bullet from a Glock 22 so 6 shots. Suppose there are two? Or three, or more? I'll take 15 Cor Bon 9mm over 8 .45 any day. And I keep a 33 round Glock mag in my console. *I* do not trust a 1911 shoved in my pants with that hammer hanging there. Oh and my 15 rounds of 9mm Cor Bon DPX +p do just as much damage as the .45 model.

Don't believe this statement. I am supposed to believe that 115g +p is going to do an equal amount of tissue damage as a 230g+p projectile. I would need hard scientific data to prove it please provide a link. I am always open to more reading especially on such an interesting subject.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    That is why I only shoot stationary objects. So I will kindly ask the target to hold still.

I actually carry two 1911's believe it or not. A four inch Kimber Eclipse strong side at 3 o'clok and a 3 inch Kimber Tactical Carry (ambi saftey) small of my back for my left hand. The way I figure it I will die blazing with some pretty freaking awesome guns.

God I love this country and God I love 1911's and Dawg I am not old I am young (24) so there goes your theory right out the window. That might help explain the ignorance though......;)

you got some serious issues man. :rolleyes:

but i suspect your goal is to be at least a little antagonistic. i cannot believe one person could be so wholly ignorant about a subject yet so adamantly so.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

Ahhhhhh, now I see. ;)

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    (sigh) Go learn something.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3240

Shot placement is king, adequate penetration is queen, everything else is angels dancing on the head of a pin.

Amateurs focus on hardware, professionals focus on software.

Listen I am not claiming I know everything. "All I know is that I know nothing." Why do you think I joined a forum and am discussing this with everyone. Thanks for posting the link and try not to get to frustrated with me. I will ask for a G19 and low light simulation setup for christmas.

3. A shot to the spinal column which can result in the lack of use of the arms/legs/both. This isn't worth addressing b/c of the inconsistent ability to hit the spine considering the size of the target and the penetration necessary to accomplish the hit.

I might not be good with gun ballistics (reading the provided sights) but I do know a small amount of anatomy you don't have to hit spinal cord there are several plexuses in the human body which are adequate to stop motor to various areas. Not being a smart ass just really want to know what your input on damaging those would be. I actually believe that the best place to aim on a person would be upper left quadrant. Hopefully hit heart. Miss high hit brachial plexus (loss of arm motor function and sensation on that side) and lung. Miss low hit a lobe of the liver maybe branch of the portal vein. Miss center hit the Spinal Column and/or spinal nerves and miss left your screwed.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Glocks are fine weapons because they are simple to operate and damn near always go bang. That's really all one needs to know about a Glock. If someone doesn't get that, then there is not much else to talk about is there? I would like to own a G19 even.

Glocks suck, their grip angle is wrong, they are plastic, the trigger sucks, the dingus sucks..... Glock just sucks.

howaglockworks.gif

Honestly, the 1911 is the most important handgun designed. It is the greatest, it's damn near 100 years old and is still ruling the roost, kicking ass and taking names. Is there another handgun that even comes close to that? Really? That gun deserves the respect of anyone who likes autoloaders. Need more ammo? Take more mags, two 1911 mags take the same space as a Glock mag. Want double stack mags? They've got them.

thelordsround.jpg

1911tanks.gif

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    you got some serious issues man. :rolleyes:

but i suspect your goal is to be at least a little antagonistic. i cannot believe one person could be so wholly ignorant about a subject yet so adamantly so.

Believe it I am wholly and adamantly ignorant about this subject and I am looking to veterans to fill in the voids in my knowledge. All I can be is willing to learn someone needs to point me in the right direction. Geez

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Maybe I am a fool ................. probably not .............. but I guess anything is possible. I definitely act foolish sometimes.

Once again I am getting a rise out of everyone. I enjoy the reading but stupid and/or a fool does not describe me. Ignorant probably because ignorance implies lack of knowledge or information. I can obtain this information from those whom are more experienced than I and the all powerful internet. I really do enjoy learning new facts and information on this subject not particularly the garbage propaganda people spew about gun brands but the object information backed by data. Thanks for the input.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Believe it I am wholly and adamantly ignorant about this subject and I am looking to veterans to fill in the voids in my knowledge. All I can be is willing to learn someone needs to point me in the right direction. Geez

We know...

Word of advise.

"Trolling" is NOT a good way to get people to answer your questions and not to ignore you.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I believe that in real world shootings (LSP972 help me out here) that the 45 acp ran in the high 90% range for stops. The 9mm Luger round ran in the low 90% range with quality modern ammunition. In my opinion either is a good viable defense round and MAY be enough to stop a threat. As for how much ammunition to carry you guys make me laugh. I carry a 120 round clip in a bandoleer, another 3,000 in loaded mags in my car, two 1911's, 3 sig sauers, 1 tazer, 2 cans of pepper spray, and a machete. At some point you start to look like a scared little man who needs to overcompensate. Twelve rounds will work for me. Thank you. But I think we've now strayed pretty far from the original post idea.

And I've transported two people just this month with GSW's.

Dave

Last edited:
    Top Bottom