Glock Pheromones?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    The point'n'pull guns are a true no-brainer. You want to shoot? Pull the trigger. You don't want to shoot? Don't pull the trigger. It really is that simple, when you peel away all the rhetorical ******** that has been said and written. The manual safety adds another dimension/movement to confuse an already addled brain. This can be overcome by training... lots of repetitive, CONTINUOUS training. If you don't intend to pursue that, then you and your 1911 will be a negligent discharge looking for a place to happen. Or a failure to shoot because you missed/forgot the safety.

That is MY opinion.

It is not universally shared...;)

Boy, that right there sounds familiar...

When I started at McComb Pd back in 1990, they carried S&W Model 65's. They went to the GLOCK Model 21's in the mid 90's..

In 1993, I left MPD and went to the Highway Patrol. What was the sidearm of the Ms Hwy Patrol? S&W model 66's... After a short stint with the STIGMA, the MHP abandoned all hope and severed a HUGE tie with S&W to who none the other? Gaston Glock
    I seem to recall that now, they are runing GLOCK's, model 22 if I am correct.

The pull-n-shoot theory is correct my friends... When you have several hundred people to re-qualify yearly (and most of the time, that is when some of officers EVER shoot their weapon), you want something that is scaled down, no fancy grip safety's, side safety's, ambi-safetys. Just pull the damn trigger and go bang...

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    They are ugly, bulky to carry IWB and the ergonomics don't work for me but you will never hear me say they are unreliable... and I am a 1911 guy.

For me, I don't really feel comfortable carrying a gun with no safety. I tried the XD for a while and it was just too thick for every day IWB carry. Now, wintertime carry it wouldn't be a problem as OWB concealment is possible but for now I'm sticking with my Dan Wesson CBOB and its terribly difficult to operate thumb safety.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    Actually, word is that Delta is moving away from the 1911.

But to answer your question... they picked it because it is a great fighting tool; in TRAINED hands. Those who train hard (and continuously) with the 1911 rarely have any problems. The guys who think "Well, if the real warriors use it, it must be the best.", go out and buy one, and don't put forth the effort required to be proficient with it... those guys are an issue looking for a place to occur.

I used 1911A1s quite a bit in the army; I was weaned on them, so to speak. When I joined the State Police in 1978, I was greatly annoyed that I could not carry one. It took a few years, but I soon saw WHY it was a proscribed weapon.

After nearly thirty years in the profession, that time spent doing the job, teaching shooting, helping investigate shooting incidents, etc., etc., I am firmly convinced that point'n'pull is the way to go for a defensive piece. I have stated the reasons why several times here in the past, so I'm not going to go into all of it again. Suffice to say that 99% of the people who argue the point with me are working from a theoretical, as opposed to experienced, base. I'm tired of the debating (and the trolling:rolleyes:)

Just because this person or that special team uses something, does NOT mean it is optimum for YOUR use. I realize that there are many divergent opinions out there; some educated, some retarded. But in the end, YOU must decide what is best for you.

If you are willing to invest the considerable time and expense to get proficient with a 1911, than that "platform" may be just the ticket for you. But if you take a three-day class, practice a bit here and there, and call it done, you're only fooling yourself.

The point'n'pull guns are a true no-brainer. You want to shoot? Pull the trigger. You don't want to shoot? Don't pull the trigger. It really is that simple, when you peel away all the rhetorical ******** that has been said and written. The manual safety adds another dimension/movement to confuse an already addled brain. This can be overcome by training... lots of repetitive, CONTINUOUS training. If you don't intend to pursue that, then you and your 1911 will be a negligent discharge looking for a place to happen. Or a failure to shoot because you missed/forgot the safety.

That is MY opinion.

It is not universally shared...;)

That seems pretty logical.

In saying that, I still prefer my 1911 over my M&P Pro, or my Glock 19.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Okay, let me settle this here & now:

Because Glocks are just better.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Okay, let me settle this here & now:

Because Glocks are just better.

Yep, that about does it.

And in all actuality, that is the mentality of most of the "Glock" guys I know... no reason or rhyme behind their statement... it just is.

Why does it sound like a rusty screen door? Well, because it is the best and I don't need to lube it.
    Why does it feel like its made out of airsoft parts? Well, because it is the best and it is made out of ceramic so I can sneak it past metal detectors.
    :D

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I've got my eyes open for a 19. When a good deal comes up I'm gonna buy. I own numerous other guns and have shot a few Glocks. They shoot good and feel good in my hand. Put a ghost trigger on it and it will be GTG.

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Because Glocks are just better. Glock Perfection BS. Wow is must be nice to hold perfection in your hand.:rolleyes: I bet when you do lube up your glock it is with KY.:eek3:

I swear I am going to go buy a glock so I can pat myself on the back.

Last edited:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Wow is must be nice to hold perfection in your hand.:rolleyes: I bet when you do lube up your glock it is with KY.:eek3:

I swear I am going to go buy a glock so I can pat myself on the back.

What part of Ske1etors post led you to believe that he's one of "those" Glock guys?:confused: Go read it again.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    This thread is a waste of bandwith that could be used for something more valuable, like a posting a study on the mastubation patterns of chimps.

Well, several years ago, when my kids were quite young, I took the family to the Baton Rouge Zoo. When we got to the gibbbon cage (I think that's the name of the ape with the colorful face), he ran to the front of the cage, grabbed his little monkey self and began whacking away.

My kids asked, "What's he doing, Daddy?"

I replied," Um, I think maybe he has fleas. Maybe we should leave before they get on us."

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Good idea but before you do can you tell me where to find this Real World Shooting data? Thanks

I did use my search engine I am not questioning your experience just would like some new stuff to read. Living in NOLA for one year I solute you for being a paramedic for longer than 24hrs.

I get it....

You want something like THIS:

9mm
    9mm%20US%20M882.jpg

.45 acp
    45ACP%20230gr%20FMJ.jpg

38 spl
    38%20Spl%20Plus%20P%20JHP.jpg

357%20Magnum.jpg

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%