Glock Pheromones?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    They didn't use the .45 acp +p either and we were talking about tissue damage not penetration. Which I believe is represented by the permanent cavity which is greater from the .45acp. So it does not support your claim

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    They didn't use the .45 acp +p either and we were talking about tissue damage not penetration. Which I believe is represented by the permanent cavity which is greater from the .45acp. So it does not support your claim

Honestly.... who cares? Wasn't this a glock bashing thread to begin with? Why are we on 9mm vs .45 now?

Troll much?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    What don't you get? Were you dropped on your head?????

They are all little pieces of underpowered lead drilling holes in hopes someone threatening life and limb will quit doing whatever it was that led you to determine they need exsanguination treatment.

Handguns suck. Period. Skill and luck might make it an effective enough weapon to defend yourself with. It might not. You could MISS and the other party could pass out, believing they had been shot. You win. You could go up against a determined, experienced aggressor who knows being shot doesn't mean as much as Hollywood says it does, and if they are jacked up on meth and epinephrine, they could absorb 8 .45s or 15 9mms and still light you up. You lose. All the stuff you are focused on is the wrong stuff. Learn how to shoot, for real, carry something all the time, don't go stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things and you will be fine. Thats it, game over.
    Well said.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    What don't you get? Were you dropped on your head?????

They are all little pieces of underpowered lead drilling holes in hopes someone threatening life and limb will quit doing whatever it was that led you to determine they need exsanguination treatment.

Handguns suck. Period. Skill and luck might make it an effective enough weapon to defend yourself with. It might not. You could MISS and the other party could pass out, believing they had been shot. You win. You could go up against a determined, experienced aggressor who knows being shot doesn't mean as much as Hollywood says it does, and if they are jacked up on meth and epinephrine, they could absorb 8 .45s or 15 9mms and still light you up. You lose. All the stuff you are focused on is the wrong stuff. Learn how to shoot, for real, carry something all the time, don't go stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things and you will be fine. Thats it, game over.

Good post.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge

I am going to say this one last time. That picture does NOT test the round that I carry, the round that I carry IS at least 95% equivalent to a .45 caliber round. You are (IIRC) a 24yo who started a Glock bashing thread vs a longtime handgun instructor who has likely been teaching it longer than you have been in existence. The picture you posted proves very little and certainly does not prove or disprove my point. I have seen the ballistics figures and pictures for said 9mm compared to other rounds and it does prove my assertion. I would suggest that you search the Internet for them before you try to disprove something that is known as fact to some of us on the forum.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    mas⋅och⋅ism  /ˈmæsəˌkɪzəm, ˈmæz-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mas-uh-kiz-uhm, maz-] Show IPA
    Use masochist in a Sentence
    See web results for masochist
    See images of masochist
    –noun 1. Psychiatry. the condition in which sexual gratification depends on suffering, physical pain, and humiliation.
    2. gratification gained from pain, deprivation, degradation, etc., inflicted or imposed on oneself, either as a result of one's own actions or the actions of others, esp. the tendency to seek this form of gratification.
    3. the act of turning one's destructive tendencies inward or upon oneself.
    4. the tendency to find pleasure in self-denial, submissiveness, etc.
    5. The continued return to the "Glock Pheromones?" thread on Bayoushooter.com

Hey, you keep coming back too math-boy... :rofl:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I am going to say this one last time. That picture does NOT test the round that I carry, the round that I carry IS at least 95% equivalent to a .45 caliber round. You are (IIRC) a 24yo who started a Glock bashing thread vs a longtime handgun instructor who has likely been teaching it longer than you have been in existence. The picture you posted proves very little and certainly does not prove or disprove my point. I have seen the ballistics figures and pictures for said 9mm compared to other rounds and it does prove my assertion. I would suggest that you search the Internet for them before you try to disprove something that is known as fact to some of us on the forum.

95% percent doesn't equate to as the same, that would infer 100%, and it doesn't take a genius to look at this data and interpret it. Let me again state I want objective data. I am simply stating that the data provided was inaccurate by nickatnite. It was biased because it lacked .45acp hollowpoints. He posted inaccurate data to support his point and that is exactly what is wrong with the world no one wants the scientific proof they just want to win. I don't care if I am right or wrong I just want to know what the truth is and the truth doesn't involve "trust me" or I have "experience" it is found in cold hard facts derived from objective data. Which is not this garbage:
    I get it....

You want something like THIS:

9mm
    9mm%20US%20M882.jpg

.45 acp
    45ACP%20230gr%20FMJ.jpg

38 spl
    38%20Spl%20Plus%20P%20JHP.jpg

357%20Magnum.jpg

So please provide this data because if it does state that a certain round is more effective and I am capable of carrying it and shooting it accurately I will change.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    All in favor of banning it?

Just a sec. Is everyone aware he's a medical student? First year most likely. He's in the build 'em up period of his education. -You can do or say no wrong, son.- In the end, this works and suits working physicians well. But before then, during the interim period when what you actually know is no greater than a pile of foreskin, it can cause real problems while interacting with a public that has more common sense and practical knowledge. They keep telling him he's the smartest and he believes them.

A former medical school professor once told me this joke:

How do you know if a med student is in the room?

He'll tell you.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Just a sec. Is everyone aware he's a medical student? First year most likely. He's in the build 'em up period of his education. -You can do or say no wrong, son.- In the end, this works and suits working physicians well. But before then, during the interim period when what you actually know is no greater than a pile of foreskin, it can cause real problems while interacting with a public that has more common sense and practical knowledge. They keep telling him he's the smartest and he believes them.

A former medical school professor once told me this joke:

How do you know if a med student is in the room?

He'll tell you.
    :chuckles:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Well at least Tulse Luper understands me. My only rebuttal is they don't teach us anything about glocks or 1911's in medical school so what I know is a little less than a pile of foreskin.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Well at least Tulse Luper understands me. My only rebuttal is they don't teach us anything about glocks or 1911's in medical school so what I know is a little less than a pile of foreskin.

So you're admitting you know nothing about either in the same thread where you're saying one is the most perfectest gun ever made and the other is garbage and it's popularity is only because of hype and marketing ploys?

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    So please provide this data because if it does state that a certain round is more effective and I am capable of carrying it and shooting it accurately I will change.

Please reread my post. I am telling you you are wrong, and I know I am right and don't GAF if you believe me or think I'm not. What I said was "Perhaps you should search the Internet and find the information." You have all the info you need. It's closer than 95% I was staying safe, it's close enough that I will long since carry 15 of them over even an equal number of .45 because of the size and weight factor. I made this decision after Ernie's class AND researching the information he told me about. You're a college kid who said that a 1911 is the best gun ever made, this is known. Anyone making a claim like that is never going to change so why do I care what you think of my info or why would I spend time looking it up for you? You're a young hot shot in college you should be quite capable of finding it.

gunslinger06

Never go to BR/NO
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Leesville,LA
    I think SirIsaac is on to something, but if glock sprays them with the pheremones of ovulating females then all the 1911 makers must pray them with a mixture of ovulating female pheremones, wd40, essense of money and crack cocaine because those guys are RABID!! RABBID?? Whatever, they are crazy about the 1911.

The best gun/caliber boils down to 2 things- Do I have it when I need it and where does the bullet go. Everything else is a far distant third.

It is fun to argue, I mean discuss:)

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    OK, that makes a little more sense. You certainly have the general precepts of being a doc down - unwarranted arrogance, not willing to listen to anyone that can't prove they have a terminal degree, etc. As George Carlin said - guesswork in a white coat.

In any case, if you are destined to be a doc, here is all you need to know.

The only consistent thing about small arms fire is that the results are inconsistent.

I've heard that repeated by men that have cumulative centuries of real world experience, all of whom have used guns when the chips were down, some of whom have been on the wrong end of a bullet.

15, 20 years ago, I was fascinated by all this stuff and wanted to really analyze it the way you are trying to now. I could quote ballistic charts chapter and verse by memory. I can say without exaggeration I have forgotten more about ballistics than MOST people will ever know - and some of the people who have posted in this thread have forgotten more about ballistics than I have ever known in toto.

The end result of these lifetimes of experience typically boil down to the thread I posted earlier, and - "The only consistent thing about small arms fire is that the results are inconsistent."

Now, to get back OT - if you are really a medical student, why are you worried about glocks? You should be an HK guy... unwarranted arrogance and HK go together well.

It is funny you say that because I just checked out a DA H&K and liked it if they had a SA/DA who knows I might have picked it up.

Liked it way more than the GLOCK

How could he know? He owns neither. Or ANY gun, for that matter (according to him).

I keep telling you guys... this place is better than TV...:rofl:

I own three kimbers. 5inch, 4inch, 3inch, just picked up my 3rd it was 4inch kimber eclipse pro II got it off of MadMax4X4.

P.S. Gun control means using both hands in my land.

Top Bottom