Glock switch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read another article about some people 3-d printing a device that makes a glock pistol fire in full auto mode. In all of the articles I've read about this device none have explained whether one pull of the trigger empties the magazine or if releasing the trigger stops the firing before all of the rounds in the magazine are expended.
    It seems that if the magazine were to be emptied all at once the weapon would be very hard to control and dangerous for those present other than the intended target.
    Does anyone here know the answer?

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never seen one in person, but every video I've seen of it was a mag dump, Something I would not want to have.
    Good question btw.
    Every video I have seen is a full dump which is what led to my question.

It turns the semi automatic Glock into a fully automatic Glock. They are illegal so I wouldn’t suggest trying to buy one.
    I understand fully automatic but I was wondering if multiple bursts were possible from one magazine. No kidding. I am cognizant enough to understand legalities. Thanks for the advice though.

They operate just like a full auto should although I heard they do not hold up very well. Plenty of vids out there.
    Yes. I didn't look up all of the videos but all of the ones attached to news articles where a law enforcement agency demonstrated the capabilities it was a full "magdump". See what I did there?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Never seen one in person, but every video I've seen of it was a mag dump, Something I would not want to have.
    Good question btw.
    The cyclic rate is incredibly high on a FA Glock 9mm pistol. In 2012 I had a friend install an aftermarket trigger link and he did a little polishing too in my G19. He is a competition shooter, does it all, 3 gun matches and more. He was shooting a modded G34 at the time. And a couple others too. We went to Nick's in Garyville to go target shoot and my G19 was FA! It ripped off 5 or 6 rounds like BAM. The RO immediately approached me and shut me down. I explained my buddy had just installed a trigger link for me, why it went FA. He did get it squared away in the end, had to put another link in it and back to proper semi auto. The cyclic rate has to be 1200 or 1300 rounds per minute. I'll never forget that one, the time I fired a FA G19, not expecting it at all.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    The cyclic rate is incredibly high on a FA Glock 9mm pistol. In 2012 I had a friend install an aftermarket trigger link and he did a little polishing too in my G19. He is a competition shooter, does it all, 3 gun matches and more. He was shooting a modded G34 at the time. And a couple others too. We went to Nick's in Garyville to go target shoot and my G19 was FA! It ripped off 5 or 6 rounds like BAM. The RO immediately approached me and shut me down. I explained my buddy had just installed a trigger link for me, why it went FA. He did get it squared away in the end, had to put another link in it and back to proper semi auto. The cyclic rate has to be 1200 or 1300 rounds per minute. I'll never forget that one, the time I fired a FA G19, not expecting it at all.
    Wait a minute did I read that correctly? You’re saying your buddy polished an aftermarket trigger and it turned your Glock full auto? I’m calling BS. You’re either lying or something more than a trigger was installed.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I read another article about some people 3-d printing a device that makes a glock pistol fire in full auto mode. In all of the articles I've read about this device none have explained whether one pull of the trigger empties the magazine or if releasing the trigger stops the firing before all of the rounds in the magazine are expended.
    It seems that if the magazine were to be emptied all at once the weapon would be very hard to control and dangerous for those present other than the intended target.
    Does anyone here know the answer?
    To answer this, its automatic only, when you pull the trigger and the "switch" (which is basically a backplate with a metal arm on it to hold down the cruciform) is installed. When you release the trigger it stops. So no, it wont empty a mag fully with a single pull, generally 4-5 rounds. You can continue this till the mag is empty, or hold the trigger to the rear the entire time and empty the entire mag.

To be clear, more than a short burst is generally uncontrollable. Possibly 1-3 rounds will impact the target, the rest fly wildly. I have fired the factory Glock 18 and 18C. The 18C makes it easier to control, but its still challenging with more than a short burst. The standard 18 (uncompensated) is much worse to control.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Wait a minute did I read that correctly? You’re saying your buddy polished an aftermarket trigger and it turned your Glock full auto? I’m calling BS. You’re either lying or something more than a trigger was installed.
    Nope, its possible. If the person polished the back of the cruciform where it slides down the striker, and it was pretty low to begin with, its possible it was sliding off the top of the cruciform on firing. Since he was holding the trigger to the rear the trigger bar was pushing up on the firing pin safety and it was slam firing (Same principal as the G18's) so its possible with too much polishing of the cruciform and the lug of the striker (firing pin).

There is another way it can happen with incorrect reassembly. If you put two parts in incorrectly you will get the same result, but more of intermittent burst firing. And no, I am not describing how.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Nope, its possible. If the person polished the back of the cruciform where it slides down the striker, and it was pretty low to begin with, its possible it was sliding off the top of the cruciform on firing. Since he was holding the trigger to the rear the trigger bar was pushing up on the firing pin safety and it was slam firing (Same principal as the G18's) so its possible with too much polishing of the cruciform and the lug of the striker (firing pin).

There is another way it can happen with incorrect reassembly. If you put two parts in incorrectly you will get the same result, but more of intermittent burst firing. And no, I am not describing how.
    I stand corrected. Sorry @John_

No need to explain. The AFT already laid out blueprints on how to make a Glock switch step by step.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Thank you Kurt, it happened just like I said it happened. I have zero reasons or motivation to lie to you guys. I don't know what Jason polished, or to what extent, but it went FA first pull of the trigger by me, on a full mag. It ripped 5 or 6 rounds before I shut it down. I learned a FA G-19 isn't very controllable either. I know a couple of those rounds prob went over the berm at Nick's. Jason replaced some parts and/or the link a couple days later, then I witnessed him test fire it behind his house. It was semi auto from that point on. Never had another FA runaway or any problems with it.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Thank you Kurt, it happened just like I said it happened. I have zero reasons or motivation to lie to you guys. I don't know what Jason polished, or to what extent, but it went FA first pull of the trigger by me, on a full mag. It ripped 5 or 6 rounds before I shut it down. I learned a FA G-19 isn't very controllable either. I know a couple of those rounds prob went over the berm at Nick's. Jason replaced some parts and/or the link a couple days later, then I witnessed him test fire it behind his house. It was semi auto from that point on. Never had another FA runaway or any problems with it.
    Hoping he replaced trigger with trigger bar, and possibly striker. Thats the only two parts he dicked with that can cause it. I'm sure he also polished or bent the connector (You Tube gunsmith 101) but thats not going to cause it to runaway.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Glock switches are straight dope, just like the peoples that be using them.

Wait a minute, I mean the people that use them are on straight dope.

Yeah, that what I meant.

And just to be extra clear, glock switches are badddddd, mmmkay!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If the NFA did not exist and the cost were reasonable, I would have a Glock 17 with a switch. No NFA means I could put a vertical grip on the front. And I could add a stock if I wanted. That would make for an impractical, but fun, range toy. But if I limited my gun collection to only practical weapons, my collection would be smaller.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    If the NFA did not exist and the cost were reasonable, I would have a Glock 17 with a switch. No NFA means I could put a vertical grip on the front. And I could add a stock if I wanted. That would make for an impractical, but fun, range toy. But if I limited my gun collection to only practical weapons, my collection would be smaller.
    1726577525445.png

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    No offense Perez, but I don’t believe you’d really want a vertical grip on the front. Not on a polymer frame.

Top Bottom