Gonzales gunshow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunnut80

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Livingston
    They are definitely not what they use to be, but if you're into paying FULL retail and cheap Chinese optics it's the place to go!! I still go cause it's in my blood. There's just something about smelling all that cosmoline and gun grease in the morning that gives me the same feeling I would get when I used to climb the rope in gym class.

Last edited:

dhebe37

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Gun show

Just wanted to let anyone heading to the gun show know that I got there at 8:25 and there were approximately 1500 people waiting in line ahead of me...meaning that anything ammo or AR related would be gone by the time you get there...just wanted to save anyone trying to do what I was doing that it is a waist of time

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I just got a phone call from a friend who is helping out at a table. He said people were lined up in lawn chairs 2 hrs prior to the show opening up!

He should stay outside and work the crowd in line where most of the bargains are.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Also posted in the original gun show thread:

Report from my buddy. He got there at 8am and avoided the line but when the show opened at 9am the line for people to get in, NOT the line for cars, was backed up all the way to the guard gate at the entrance to the Lamar Dixon complex. Wrap your head around that. He said the line at the ammo booth inside the building was so jammed they had to make an intercom announcement about it because it was blocking the rows to the other tables.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Cars were bumper to bumper all the way down S St. Landry from Hwy 30 to Lamar Dixon.
    There were about 400 people in line at 10am.
    I was just going to see how outrageous the prices were so I didn't waste my time in the line.
    I'll try again tomorrow.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I will go for the entertainment value only. $8 for an hour of entertainment plus some really good sugared peanuts and pecans. It is worth it.

fishnuts

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Gonzales
    I went, got in line at 8:30. There was actually two lines. One was alot shorter than the other. Got in pretty quick. Prices were insane, but people were buying it up. I bought two mags for my glock and that was it. Line was short when we left at 11.

AC36A14D-CAAB-4C35-AE5F-920DCAC3EB53-69765-00003E30B0018417.jpg

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Last time i went to one it was packed with people that either had the sniffles, or looked as though they seldom bathed. Add to that the ridiculously high prices for their junk, and $8 to get in, uh, i'll pass...

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Been to a few gunshows. Haven't bought a thing. Prices are too high and a lot of the offerings are pure crap. Only sold one thing. A SKS that I couldn't get on paper at 50yd. But I still go for one reason...

To exercise my FIRST Amendment right. You know, that part about free assembly. Being able to freely assemble is another core piece of your Bill of Rights. Exercise it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom