Good OWI Lawyer in Lafayette?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Let me know if I can be of any help.

I dont condone drunk driving; but he who is w/o sin cast the first stone. And if me mailing you a $20 bill for your defense pisses off people I will mail it.

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Well, I went to Festival International on Saturday after a field trip. (I graduate ULL on May 17th.) After a few drinks (literally a few) I was going home with my girlfriend and she got a phone call, and hit my arm, causing me to swerve. This gave the ULL cop behind me a reason to stop me. He walked up to my truck and smelled alcohol and made me get out and do a field sobriety test. After a long day of walking on the previously mentioned field trip and all night at the festival I couldn't stand on one foot or perfectly walk a crack in the concrete and he took me to jail and booked me. Even though I passed all other test with flying colors.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I agree that they should throw the book at you. There is absolutly no reason to mix drinking with anything deadly. If you drink and drive or drink and shoot you deserve the worst coming to you.

I hope they throw your ass in jail and you become Bubbas girlfriend.

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    I agree that they should throw the book at you. There is absolutly no reason to mix drinking with anything deadly. If you drink and drive or drink and shoot you deserve the worst coming to you.

I'm glad you've never made mistakes in your life. And while I agree that drinking and driving is an incredibly stupid thing to do, where people are at much higher risk of being injured, and is easily preventable; we're all humans. We use poor judgment, we don't always do the right things.

The OP didn't ask for criticism and ridicule, but it seems that's the going trend with some people here.

Gravity

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    AA is a good first step. Seems like you've seen the signs before, you can continue to ignore them. The help is free and available when you're ready.

Ready yet?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Sorry, but that "everybody has made mistakes" argument is BS. My husband had one of the funniest DWI stops I've ever heard (18 years ago). But he'd say the same thing today. Don't drink and drive.

He did ask how to help his situation in court. He got perfect advice, plead guilty and answer everything "yes/no Your Honor". The best thing he can do other than that is make sure he doesn't appear in that courtroom again.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

What a douche!

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    Sorry, but that "everybody has made mistakes" argument is BS. My husband had one of the funniest DWI stops I've ever heard (18 years ago). But he'd say the same thing today. Don't drink and drive.

He did ask how to help his situation in court. He got perfect advice, plead guilty and answer everything "yes/no Your Honor". The best thing he can do other than that is make sure he doesn't appear in that courtroom again.

How is the "everybody has made mistakes" an incorrect assessment? Not everyone has or will drink and drive in their lifetime, but EVERYONE has made a mistake one way or another. Everything else you've said, Cat, is spot on.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I agree with you if this was the first time. But mistakes that affect or injure others shouldn't bear to be repeated. I meant no animosity when I said don't drink and drive. I don't judge, and I don't
    think others do either. I haven't heard anybody say "My god, you're a f---up".

If I wanted to bitch at him I would have said that girlfriend should be precious cargo and treated with more respect but chances are he probably honest felt sober.

It was good advice.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    How is the "everybody has made mistakes" an incorrect assessment? Not everyone has or will drink and drive in their lifetime, but EVERYONE has made a mistake one way or another. Everything else you've said, Cat, is spot on.

It's an incorrect assessment because, despite what you may or may not believe, there are a hell of a lot of people who have never made a mistake that could kill someone. I know I haven't. I also haven't made a mistake that would land my ass in jail. Making a mistake and drinking and driving for a second time (and I'm sure it's not even the second time, just the second time the guy was caught) are two vastly different things.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Obviously I failed to see some opinions here. I agree drinking and driving deserves punishment though but sometimes the charge is enough as in my husband's case and many others. Second chances are tricky. There is less forgiveness there.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Recap of Events

1. OP consumed Alcohol.
    2. OP drove a vehicle.
    3. OP was caught by a LEO Swirving on the road in a vehicle with Alchohol in his system.
    4. LEO charge OP with OWI.
    5. OP posts on public forum on how to get out of OWI.
    6. Advice given for first time offense.
    7. OP admits to multiple OWI/DWI offenses.

Somehow I am considered the DOUCHE?

If you drink and drive you are a douche, you are endangering peoples lives when you drink in drive. I am all for the goverment/Law leaving us the **** alone, but if they catch your ass drunk while driving that is one time I support them throwing the book at you!

Top Bottom