Grandaughter fought for her life today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    This is hard to talk about but I want everyone to become much more aware and prepared than you have been before.

This morning around 11 AM or so my GD was laying on the couch in the living room (she has a rented home in Lake Charles and is going to attend McNeese this fall). Suddenly, without warning, an individual came in to the LR from the kitchen. She jumped up immediately and the battle was on. The scumbag sprayed her in the eyes with pepper spray. (it has been determined the spray came from walmart and wasn't as potent as some). She jumped over the couch and fell to the floor. She immediately got up and continued the battle. Her dashund also joined in her defense. She fought intensely and the subject ran out the back door and she ran out thee front across the street to a home and screaming for help. The homeowner helped her and called 911. The police arrived within a minute. An off duty city LEO was jogging in the area and noticed an individual acting strangely and getting in a car parked rather suspiciously. When the off duty saw the patrol cars in the area he confronted the individual. His attempt to flee did not work. The apprehension came swiftly after the incident. The dirtbag is of south of the border ethnicity and about 5'6, my GD is about 5'2".

She's a fighter and very strong and extremely smart. The detective said in their 13 years as a detective they have never been given such a clear and exacting description of the assailant as she did.

Her fighting back with great force no doubtedly is what saved her life. Many hours were spent in the ER and at the PD.

I tell you what folks, there are no words that I can say that can express the rage that all of us in the family are feeling about this.

It has made me and the rest of us decide that we are going to be extra vigilant from now on, no matter where we are.

Listen to me when I say be very aware if you see any strangers in your area and I mean any.

And in large part we all can thank our Fed. Govt. for failing to protect us from the southern invasion. It's hit home hard for us and we will not forget it.

My hats are off to the Lake Charles PD for their extremely quick response and professionalism in their handling of the investigation.

The individual is being investigated regarding other incidents that have been happening in LC.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    I'm so sorry your grandaughter had to endure such a horrific experience. Be with her and find her help is you see she is down.

I am so glad that she was able to fight off her attacker and had enough will in her to see you another day.

mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    Glad Everything turned out ok. i have two daughters and worry about that happening all the time. South of the border bad guy should be able to vote before the end of the year. sad sad day in America. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    UPDATE...just heard he has been ID'ed as the rapist at a local Wendy's that happened recently.

And guess what, the judge has only put a $75K bond om him. Why not a million? I think I am fixing to be a local militant if the judicial system doesn't get it's act together.

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    So sorry to hear this has happened, but glad she is ok and was able to fend him off. Thank God she is strong and a quick thinker!!! Best wishes to all your family.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    what does this all mean ???

I say it means we are being overrun by criminals in one form or another, Lake Charles was my home from 1949 till 15 years ago.

Cities won't get any safer from now on.....town is not the place to be, it's nice to be close to work or school, but is convience worth safety....

Glad the kid's ok, good on LCPD for the fast response, real good on the cop jogger,

Similar situation in Houston long ago for me, alert and on the game cops saved me from being a fall guy in a murder charge

What point do we try to arm and train kids ?? Sounds like this kid was trained in some form or way smart and tuff, most ain't all like that tho

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Bravo, now if she doesn't have one, go buy her some home defense and a Real self defense course. Strike while the iron is hot.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Glad someone instilled in her to be a fighter and for the fact she is physically ok. I don't claim to be a licenced shrink ,however realiaty may have an after effect . Watch her actions closely for a while. God bless all except the jerk who will get his judgement soon.

cvinson

We the People...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Very sorry that she had to go thru this experience. Glad that she will be OK. And thanks for sharing the reminder that we need to stay vigilant. Especially in our own houses.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Thank God everything turned out positive, Mr. Jim- and kudos to your grandaughter for refusing to be a victim and having the strength to ward off the attack.
    If not for her, this monster would have surely claimed other victims. I can only imagine how angry you and your family are- with damn good reason. Hug your granddaughter- and tell her what a great job she did from all of us.

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thank God shes ok, everyone needs to be reminded to stay vigilant and be sure to remind the women and children! The only way the outcome would be better is if the monster's body would be getting cold now, just would hate that your GD would be the one that had to do it.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    what does this all mean ???

I say it means we are being overrun by criminals in one form or another, Lake Charles was my home from 1949 till 15 years ago.

Cities won't get any safer from now on.....town is not the place to be, it's nice to be close to work or school, but is convience worth safety....

Glad the kid's ok, good on LCPD for the fast response, real good on the cop jogger,

Similar situation in Houston long ago for me, alert and on the game cops saved me from being a fall guy in a murder charge

What point do we try to arm and train kids ?? Sounds like this kid was trained in some form or way smart and tuff, most ain't all like that tho

She is quite physically fit. Her and her Mom go several times weekly to a gym and work out. She has had some but not alot of martial arts.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Bravo, now if she doesn't have one, go buy her some home defense and a Real self defense course. Strike while the iron is hot.

Her Dad has taken her to shoot his .38 at the range. He says she's pretty good. He is going tomorrow and get her a titanium .38 and make arrangements for her to get a permit, if she is old enough. The Detective came by late this evening and told her she is signed up to be notified of any bond release, court dates, etc. that involves this guy. He also advised her to get her Dad to get her a gun and learn to use it.

I like that Detective. I met him. Great guy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom