Grandaughter fought for her life today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    UPDATE...just heard he has been ID'ed as the rapist at a local Wendy's that happened recently.

And guess what, the judge has only put a $75K bond om him. Why not a million? I think I am fixing to be a local militant if the judicial system doesn't get it's act together.

This is Bullpoo. He is a serial rapist, commited an attempted Agg Rape, and being from south of the border is a flight risk. He should be held no Bond or at least $500,000. With a low bond like that he could get a Public defender to hold a bond reduction hearing and would likely get it and you would never see him again.

Call your Local Rape Crisis center and your District Attorney's office. Tell them to have another hearing and get his bond upped.

Chances are when his DNA is processed it will come back to some other unsolved rapes as well.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "Congrats", jim. I wish it hadn't happened at all but it could be/probably will be an eye-opening "game test" for her. I hope she's psychologically okay.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Jim -

On the titanium .38 part - you might want to stick her with a 4" K-Framed .38/.357. Those tiny pistols are damn hard to control, and with more barrel/weight on the K-Frame, shots would be much more accurate.

I've got a few things she can try on for size if you need them.

-Dave

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the amount of fight in the dog. I'm glad that she's a fighter and that it turned out okay for her.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I agree about the "pocket revolvers". Depending on her temperment and true toughness (one incident doesn't tell all) judo/jujitsu and making COMBAT SHOOTING a hobby would probably "bring the mail".

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Wow, small packages pack the punch, I am glad to hear everything is OK, I agree, I would bet that the DNA will link to other sexual assualts in the area, then there will be no bond, Chalk one up for the good guys, also check with the detective to see if ICE has been notified

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    +1 against the small revolver. They are not easy to control. She will develop a flinch in no time. Better a small 9mm.... or download that .357 to light .38 swc. Actually, if she's not set to carry, a 12 ga pump or even a ruger 10/22 w/ a 30 round mag!

Sounds like she needs a dog more than anything. And a set of good dead bolts.

I keep thinking a 'rent a rott(weiler)' would make a great business!

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Yeah damn good job defending herself. And kudos for the observant officer.

It's easy for people to think you paranoid with your safety until something like this happens.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    UPDATE...just heard he has been ID'ed as the rapist at a local Wendy's that happened recently.

And guess what, the judge has only put a $75K bond om him. Why not a million? I think I am fixing to be a local militant if the judicial system doesn't get it's act together.

Now this part truly makes me want to hurl.

What does this idiot judge (politician) think is going to happen if he gets out???? He'll flee to Mexico sure as hell.

What a shame. If there were such a thing as real justice, this rapist bastard would have already been given a new pair of concrete flippers.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Now this part truly makes me want to hurl.

What does this idiot judge (politician) think is going to happen if he gets out???? He'll flee to Mexico sure as hell.

What a shame. If there were such a thing as real justice, this rapist bastard would have already been given a new pair of concrete flippers.

Exactly. Right on. I know many Americans are fighting mad about what is transpiring in the U.S. But if something happens to one of your family members there aren't words that can adequately describe the rage that you feel.

It's getting bad, folks. Very bad at a very fast pace. Just be prepared.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Glad to hear she's okay. I'm forwarding your posts (not attaching your screen name) to friends and family as an example of what can happen to anyone.

I wish she'd have had a gun. She's safe now regardless, but these guys need to start getting shot while its justifiable instead having to go through the dog and pony show court system where the guy might get off.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm glad she's safe, I'm in Lake Charles every weekend with my family, and I surely don't go unarmed.

Hope Justice gets served on that waste of skin.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    What does this mean?

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'm glad to hear she is okay. I also think a titanium .357/.38 is a bad idea. In fact, I've got one that she is welcome to shoot before buying. For that matter, she can buy mine if she decides she likes it. But, as has been said countless times, she needs to handle and shoot a variety of pistols to see what works for her.

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    My prayers to your GD and your family. I'm glad she is a fighter and perp got caught.

Sad thing is that cities are not the only place where it's getting bad. Rural areas like I live in is the same. The lack of respect for anothers property ,or persons for that matter, is rampant. We must all remain vigilant.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Last night I made my wife read this and told her to keep the damn doors locked. When I get home today my 16 yo daughter and 12 yo son will read it also. Glad she is okay Jim. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully he is getting butt raped in jail as I type this.

and don't underestimate those weiner dogs.. If I ever seriously hit my wife or daughter both our dogs would rip my arm off.

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    The girl's got guts. Glad she's OK. But do let her try several guns before buying. A friend of mine got his wife a .38 and she won't shoot it because she doesn't like it. There's enough gals on the board to give her some advice if she really wants a woman's opinion - let her ask them.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The girl's got guts. Glad she's OK. But do let her try several guns before buying. A friend of mine got his wife a .38 and she won't shoot it because she doesn't like it. There's enough gals on the board to give her some advice if she really wants a woman's opinion - let her ask them.

Doesn't like it?! I'd shoot a 50BMG pistol if that's all I had. :D I wouldn't practice with it though, if that's what you mean.

Top Bottom