Grandaughter fought for her life today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    This is hard to talk about but I want everyone to become much more aware and prepared than you have been before.

This morning around 11 AM or so my GD was laying on the couch in the living room (she has a rented home in Lake Charles and is going to attend McNeese this fall). Suddenly, without warning, an individual came in to the LR from the kitchen. She jumped up immediately and the battle was on. The scumbag sprayed her in the eyes with pepper spray. (it has been determined the spray came from walmart and wasn't as potent as some). She jumped over the couch and fell to the floor. She immediately got up and continued the battle. Her dashund also joined in her defense. She fought intensely and the subject ran out the back door and she ran out thee front across the street to a home and screaming for help. The homeowner helped her and called 911. The police arrived within a minute. An off duty city LEO was jogging in the area and noticed an individual acting strangely and getting in a car parked rather suspiciously. When the off duty saw the patrol cars in the area he confronted the individual. His attempt to flee did not work. The apprehension came swiftly after the incident. The dirtbag is of south of the border ethnicity and about 5'6, my GD is about 5'2".

She's a fighter and very strong and extremely smart. The detective said in their 13 years as a detective they have never been given such a clear and exacting description of the assailant as she did.

Her fighting back with great force no doubtedly is what saved her life. Many hours were spent in the ER and at the PD.

I tell you what folks, there are no words that I can say that can express the rage that all of us in the family are feeling about this.

It has made me and the rest of us decide that we are going to be extra vigilant from now on, no matter where we are.

Listen to me when I say be very aware if you see any strangers in your area and I mean any.

And in large part we all can thank our Fed. Govt. for failing to protect us from the southern invasion. It's hit home hard for us and we will not forget it.

My hats are off to the Lake Charles PD for their extremely quick response and professionalism in their handling of the investigation.

The individual is being investigated regarding other incidents that have been happening in LC.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    Jim

It certainly is a blessing your grand daughter is OK and the low life perp has been captured. Best wishes to you and yours for a speedy recovery from this traumatic event.

Kudos to the LCPD and the tenacious weiner dog.

and don't underestimate those weiner dogs.. If I ever seriously hit my wife or daughter both our dogs would rip my arm off.

Your not kidding. We have four that I consider as four-legged land piranhas. Awhile back, I heard a terrible commotion going on outside so I ran to the door to see what was happening. My dogs had jumped a bore oppossum and were in for the kill. By the time I got to them, Mr. O was toast and each dog had a leg, yanking him like they had hold of first base. Oh yes, it was a 4 on one battle, but those big opps have size and a nasty attitude.

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Doesn't like it?! I'd shoot a 50BMG pistol if that's all I had. :D I wouldn't practice with it though, if that's what you mean.

Yeah, she won't practice with it. But if you don't practice, there's no telling how well you'll do in a SHTF situation. What's the figure they use? Isn't it something like you can expect to do about 50% worse than your average when the massive adreneline dump hits?

On another front....
    I've got to find a diplomatic way to show this thread to some family members. I can't tell you how many times I've fussed about keeping the door locked - it won't stop a serious attack, but it WILL buy you some time (no offence intended to the OP or his GD).

Top Bottom