GUN MEETUP SNATCH AND GRAB

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcoon21

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    Just wanted to give everyone in here a heads up. Yesterday I went to meet someone to sell my Glock 43X at the Academy on Siegen Lane in Baton Rouge. We agreed on a time and price. After he showed up (late) I was showing him the gun and he started to act very nervous and suspicious. He then pulled out a very large sum of cash and began counting it repeatedly. His nervousness escalated and I then tried to shut down the sale. He refused to hand the gun back to me and when I threatened to call the police he put his car in drive and took off with my gun without giving me any money. He had no license plate on his car (I noticed as he was driving off). Police were contacted and gun has been reported stolen. He was using a “burner” phone to text me to meet up for the sale. Apparently they have technology to jam your phone if they have your number because I was unable to get through to the police or 911 for 10 minutes after the altercation. I had to use someone else’s phone to call. I had the ad posted on here for the gun so I just wanted to give everyone a heads up and to be safe. Sometimes life lessons are hard. Moving forward I don’t recommend putting your personal number on your ads. Just have them contact you through Bayou Shooter messaging.
    Here is the driver/car info of the thief
    -2015 ish blue Nissan Altima
    -black male around 25
    -6 foot 3” ish 170lbs
    -dread locks
    -tattoo on neck and above left eyebrow

Be safe and happy shooting
    -Chandler
    157f8142ccac64ef1fbf5eb536d73f82.jpg

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    Wow, that sucks! I hope they are able to recover your gun! It's certainly something I'm going to have to consider as there are a number of guns I am selling, some are pricey. I'll defiantly get a burner phone. I'd planned on doing that.

Just to be safe, I'd be on alert in case they try to hit your house.

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    Louisiana has some safe exchange sites for future reference. I've used them before and they have 100% 24/7 Surveillance.

Lafayette at the Police Department on E University Ave.

Morgan City at the Police Department on Myrtle St.

Baton Rouge at the Police Headquarters on Airline Hwy.

Natchitoches at the Police Headquarters on Amulet St.

Luling at the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office on Judge Edward Dufresne Parkway.

Colfax at the Grant Parish Sheriff’s Office on Cypress St.

Covington at the Police Station E. Kirkland St.

West Monroe at the Police Station on N Seventh St.

satoups

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lousiana
    Sorry for your lost, glad you wasn't hurt! Also consider near buy business that may have cameras on the exterior. Someone may have caught him approaching your location. You may have to do some leg work yourself.

Suggestion, next time ask to see a ID/lic. and verify, take a pic (and possibly the lic. plate) and send to a third party before any transaction is to begin. That would be the first step.....

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Let’s just be honest here and I don’t care who says it’s racist or mean but Im not handing over a gun to a 6’3” black guy with tattoos on his face and dread locks who can’t even give me the respect of getting out of his vehicle to make the sale. Sometimes you just have to look at a situation and trust your gut. I’m not racist I just use common sense.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    Ah, yeah, posts are google-able. It'd be nice to stop that and keep out the riff-raff.
    This is the exact reason I only communicate via PM at first and deal with members with multiple posts and/or 100 percent positive feedback. I'm sure OP has learned but for any other new or older, less internet savvy members, the take away from this needs to be to utilize the PM feature and never list your number in the add. Unfortunately there is no shortage of @$$holes and scumbags on the internet

Grapeape

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2023
    Houma
    All correspondence should be done through the DM on this site so you have a way to document it and no need to give out your number. Also you’d have an idea of who you’re dealing with through feedback. Sorry for your misfortune and hope they catch the guy. That’s a hard lesson learned.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom