Here's one for NOLACOP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    ""I know when I get angry, I ball my fist. It doesn't mean I'm going to hit you. I think he had no right to do so,” said Nataya Benway."

I'm sorry, but if you say, "I'm gonna knock this cop out" and you ball your fist, I'm gonna assume you're gonna hurt me. I support the LEO in this instance. He did the right thing.

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If someone SAYS they are going to hit you, it is not the same as someone hitting you. If you or I hit a man because he says he was going to hit you, then you or i will go to jail for assault, why should the cops have more rights than a citizen? Not to mention an 84yr old guy??? Did the Bruce Leroy LEO feel he was about to be harmed?? really?? I wanna see that on the news.. i want to see the cop make a statement in public .. I can see it now..

"Yes, he touched me and i feared for my safety, HE MOVED LIKE THE WIND AND HIS KUNG FU WAS AS STRONG AS MASTER YODA'S! I had no choice but to use my many years of training in senior citizen takedown tactics.. I was unsure if he was armed with their weapon of choice.. the Shimangi Cane of the AARP... Geritol makes them almost invincible its like crack to a 19yr old banger, I was lucky my training saved me."

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I WAS NOT THERE, BUT TAKING THE STORY AT FACE VALUE....

1. WWII vet has nothing to do with it. Vietnam vet killed Deputy Dinkheller with an M1. Dinkheller was very professional and polite until the murderer blew his brains out at point blank range.

And that was just for a revenue generating speeding ticket.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX5kwVc9IOk[/ame]

2. 84 years old has nothing to do with it. WHile generally speaking we do not need to choke slam every 8 or 84 year old, a swift kick in the balls from an 8 years old, or a nice sucker punch from an "Ol-man strong" old man will teach you not to treat them much differently. Same with women.

3. Illegally parked, drunk, verbally threatening, and physically assaulting a LEO-- you get what you pay for. WHen you are 84 years old, drunk, and you decide you are gonna "knock a cop out", you just might suffer a broken neck. **** happens.

4. "Parking illegally does not deserve a broken neck" No it does not, and writing a parking ticket does not deserve a physical assault. The old man was wrong and drunk to boot.

5. Funny thing is, if the cop had simply tasered the old man, resulting in absolutely no injury, he still would have been wrong. I guess the cop should have just let the old man "knock him out." I mean he knew that when he took the job right?

6. "Officer violently hip checked him and took him to the ground." SOunds to me the officer was trying to be nice. No strikes, chokes, no nakedness in a cell for six hours. SOmetimes 84 year old drunks do not fair well physically after being taken to the ground, hence why they should not get drunk in public, park illegally and then decide to try and knock a cop out.

7. I am not positive, but something tells me when the officer decided to take the drunk man to the ground, the last thing on his mind was...."I am gonna break this old man's neck."

8. I am not positive, but something tells me even if he parked illegally, if he was not drunk and verbally and physically assaulting the officer, he probably would not have a broken neck today...I am just guessing of course.

Last edited:

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    The video of Deputy Dinkheller's murder was difficult to watch.

Doesn't matter who they are or where they've been. Anyone can be dangerous.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    Yeah I've seen that video before, I think it is up to the cops judgment on how to perceive the threat level of the individual. That of course comes from the training and experience but since there is no video of that incident we cannot say either way if the cop used excessive force or not. The unfortunate video of Deputy Dinkheller will serve as future example of how not to treat that situation.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    The video of Deputy Dinkheller's murder was difficult to watch.

Doesn't matter who they are or where they've been. Anyone can be dangerous.

It is even more difficult to stomach when you find out he had a very young daughter with another on the way.

In my mind if you don't get drunk, threaten, and/or assault an officer you don't get slammed. That is something that goes for pregos, oldies, and everything in between.

For every dipshit cop there are 4 that will pull over and help you push your car when it breaks down.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    6. "Officer violently hip checked him and took him to the ground." SOunds to me the officer was trying to be nice. No strikes, chokes, no nakedness in a cell for six hours. SOmetimes 84 year old drunks do not fair well physically after being taken to the ground, hence why they should not get drunk in public, park illegally and then decide to try and knock a cop out.

What warrants this response? Should we consider cops that don't strike us , choke us or put us in a cell naked for 6 hours nice?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    What warrants this response? Should we consider cops that don't strike us , choke us or put us in a cell naked for 6 hours nice?

Yes, you should consider anyone who does not strike, choke , or strip you naked and place you in a cell for six hours after fondling your boobies as nice.

Unless you are into that sort of thing or paid in advance, then I would most certainly sue for breach of verbal contract and/or make a citizens' arrest.

The witness has rights......

Last edited:

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    I didn't click on the video NOLACOP posted, I've seen it several times over the years. Sends a chill up my spine everytime I hear that Deputy shreik.

Something else came to mind in regard to 84 year old man. Just because he's 84 doesn't mean a frail weak old man on an oxygen tank. While we're on the subject of police and old people, a Houston Policeman a few years ago was relating to me and a friend of mine a still active duty full time officer who was like 80something years old. This 80 year old cop was never "too old fo dis s--t" as Murtog used to say. He joined the Houston Police Department in 1947. Still qualified with his revolver and was a living history book among the Houston Police. This man didn't look 80. He looked far younger. He jogged every day. Had a handshake like a vice.
    Having said all that, the policemen we were talking to confessed that he was afraid for the elder man. While this 80+ year old cop was fit as a fiddle and didn't go on patrol, he was afraid somebody might flag him down one day while driving from point A to B and get him in a situation with a younger person that he wouldn't be able to handle

Last edited:

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Not being a jackass but, if you are a cop in a small town in Georgia and a man goes and gets a gun, after threatening you, you dont warn him 17 times, you shoot him. That is FAR from an Old 84yr old guy saying he is gonna fist-a-cuffs you, cmon nolacop bad comparison, way off and i assume only for shock value.

Lets be real, a beligerent old man vs. an armed man with a semi-auto rifle?? Thats like comparing a Glock to a Wilson Combat... they might both be guns.. but thats about all they have in common.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Not being a jackass but, if you are a cop in a small town in Georgia and a man goes and gets a gun, after threatening you, you dont warn him 17 times, you shoot him. That is FAR from an Old 84yr old guy saying he is gonna fist-a-cuffs you, cmon nolacop bad comparison, way off and i assume only for shock value.

Lets be real, a beligerent old man vs. an armed man with a semi-auto rifle?? Thats like comparing a Glock to a Wilson Combat... they might both be guns.. but thats about all they have in common.

Nope. The point is...do not under estimate anyone....even an 84 year old, even a veteran, even a women, even a guy who was recruited at 13 to be an undercover sniper for the US government.....no one.

Furthermore, the video shows that veterans are not beyond going over the edge, like the 84 year old in the OP, and most probably, like the West Point Graduate in the Costco.

No need to shock when I have facts. But I think the video very clearly illustrates my point.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    But there might have been a better way for the cop to react to the situation without seriously injuring him, cops manage to arrest drunk people all the time without breaking their necks. But like I said before we don't know every detail of the incident so I am not going to directly chastise the officer.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    But there might have been definitely was a better way for the cop [I]drunk guy who threatened and physically assaulted a cop[/I] to react to the situation without seriously injuring him, cops manage to arrest drunk people all the time without breaking their necks. But like I said before we don't know every detail of the incident so I am not going to directly chastise the officer.

FIFY:D

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Sucks the man suffered a broken neck but... He may have health issues that turned a routine situation into a tragedy. For example. If he has COPD and has been taking steroids for any period of time he could have osteoporosis resulting in fragile bones. Some elderly patients report their hip breaking then they fall. In other words they were just walking and their hip broke. I don't always take things at face value.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom