Here's one for NOLACOP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I wish dude. I am no where near as cool as Jack Bauer. I have to use a rifle for one, and walk far, and wear armor and Uncle Sam pays me less. Why does he look so angry all the time?

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I WAS NOT THERE, BUT TAKING THE STORY AT FACE VALUE....

1. WWII vet has nothing to do with it. Vietnam vet killed Deputy Dinkheller with an M1. Dinkheller was very professional and polite until the murderer blew his brains out at point blank range.

And that was just for a revenue generating speeding ticket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX5kwVc9IOk

2. 84 years old has nothing to do with it. WHile generally speaking we do not need to choke slam every 8 or 84 year old, a swift kick in the balls from an 8 years old, or a nice sucker punch from an "Ol-man strong" old man will teach you not to treat them much differently. Same with women.

3. Illegally parked, drunk, verbally threatening, and physically assaulting a LEO-- you get what you pay for. WHen you are 84 years old, drunk, and you decide you are gonna "knock a cop out", you just might suffer a broken neck. **** happens.

4. "Parking illegally does not deserve a broken neck" No it does not, and writing a parking ticket does not deserve a physical assault. The old man was wrong and drunk to boot.

5. Funny thing is, if the cop had simply tasered the old man, resulting in absolutely no injury, he still would have been wrong. I guess the cop should have just let the old man "knock him out." I mean he knew that when he took the job right?

6. "Officer violently hip checked him and took him to the ground." SOunds to me the officer was trying to be nice. No strikes, chokes, no nakedness in a cell for six hours. SOmetimes 84 year old drunks do not fair well physically after being taken to the ground, hence why they should not get drunk in public, park illegally and then decide to try and knock a cop out.

7. I am not positive, but something tells me when the officer decided to take the drunk man to the ground, the last thing on his mind was...."I am gonna break this old man's neck."

8. I am not positive, but something tells me even if he parked illegally, if he was not drunk and verbally and physically assaulting the officer, he probably would not have a broken neck today...I am just guessing of course.

Holy crap. What's the training lesson from that video? I was thinking he should have been tased when he aggressively approached the officer when the officer was screaming at him to get back.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Part: 1
    I think being 84 has EVERYTHING to do with it. If your 84, and your still driving drunk, parking illegally, verbally assaulting LEO's, making physical contact with an LEO multiple times, then balling your fist in preparation to assault an LEO. Then your one dumb ass 84 year old.

I hope by 84 I know better than to Drive Drunk, Park illegally (KNOWINGLY), Curse at cops, then threaten to Assault a Cop.

If I don't I deserve to be the man in the video.
    Prior service or age doesn't excuse drunk driving, that's where this all started.
    NOTHING excuses drunk driving . Just saying ..
    @ no point was the man driving drunk.
    This all started from a illegally parked car.

Charges have been dropped, lawsuit incoming.
    Man, 84, To Sue After Neck Broken In Police Takedown
    State Attorney's Office Declines To File Charges Against Daniel Daley

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An 84-year-old man who suffered a broken neck during a confrontation with a police officer will file a lawsuit against the Orlando Police Department, his attorney said on Wednesday.

Daniel Daley Jr. suffered the injuries Sept. 18 in a confrontation outside a downtown Orlando bar with Officer Travis Lamont, who was investigating an incident between Daley and a tow-truck driver.

Daley, a World War II veteran, remains in a medically induced coma after two surgeries, said his attorney, Mark NeJame.

NeJame held a news conference on Wednesday shortly after the state attorney's office announced that it will not file criminal charges against Daley.

NeJame said his client will be suing for damages and invasion of privacy, and he has also called for a grand jury investigation into the incident.

Nejame would not give a dollar amount, but says they are suing for the maximum amount allowed by law.

Daley's son and daughter-in-law were present at the news conference. "For something like this to happen to my father is just out of sorts," the victim's son, Greg Daley said.

Four witnesses were also there. They all say what happened to Daley is different from Lamont's account of the events.

"I just can't believe what I saw and I witnessed," Sean Hill said. "He went straight down on his head."

NeJame described Daley's recovery as touch-and-go.

According to police, Daley was resisting arrest and hit his head on the pavement after Lamont flipped him to the ground to handcuff him. According to the police report, Daley was aggressive and placed his hands on the officer's neck.

"I cannot for the life of me understand how you can flip an 84-year-old man over your hip, break his neck and not think that somebody did something wrong," NeJame said after the incident.

Orlando Police Chief Val Demings last week said the maneuver, known as a dynamic takedown, that was used by Lamont needs to be modified.

"There's always room for adjustment. We want to make sure we take our time and do it right because whatever modifications are made to the policy, we want them to work in the favor of everybody," Demings said

Demings said Lamont used the takedown method as it was taught to him in training. Every OPD officer receives tutelage on the maneuver, and the next training session is scheduled for October. It's not known if any modifications to the dynamic takedown will be in effect by then.

A seven-member police panel is reviewing the case before likely passing its findings on to internal affairs.

According to OPD policy, the officer was within his rights to use the takedown, but the same policy also says the officer must consider the person's age, sex and size.

Stay with ClickOrlando.com for more on this developing story.
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/25209177/detail.html

:)

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I have been critical of over zealous LEO's, but I wasn't there, and there is a whole lot of speculation going on in these post.

Only the officer who was there knows the demeanor of a the old guy. Two people can say the exact same thing, but come across in two completely different ways. If the officer felt the threat was genuine, and wanted to subdue the man FOR HIS OWN SAFETY quickly, then he did nothing wrong. On the other hand, if the old man was obviously too drunk and incapacitated to even know what he was saying, let alone act on it, then it might have been a case of a cop just having a bad day and this old guy being in the wrong place with the wrong officer.

Based on what the article says, I don't see how anyone can start bashing the officer. He was there, we weren't. Officer was sober, old guy was drunk. Who you gonna side with? I pick the officer in this case.

And that video was really tough to watch AGAIN.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Here's the officer's "Defensive Tactics" report
    http://www.cfnews13.com/static/arti...actic_Form-_Officer_Travis_LamontREDACTED.pdf
    Orlando police: Takedown OK in incident involving elderly man

The Orlando Police Department has cleared one of their own after an 84-year-old man's neck was broken in a takedown.

The police department is closing the case into Officer Travis Lamont's actions.

The chief and his supervisor said Lamont acted within department guidelines.

World War II veteran Daniel Daley is still in the hospital.

Mark NeJame, Daley’s attorney, said it's touch and go, but he is awake and no longer in a coma.

Lamont put Daley in an arm bar after he said Daley was aggressive towards him.

While the report said the use of force was justified, NeJame said the latest report from Orlando police is worthless.

“Where else does one ever conduct an investigation on themselves?” NeJame said. “I have a client who says 'OK, I am going to go ahead and investigate myself and please accept it.' It's nonsense."

NeJame said the family will likely file a federal lawsuit to seek the maximum damages.

Police Chief Val Demings said OPD is reviewing the department’s use of force policy and will make changes if deemed necessary.
    http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...Takedown-OK-in-incident-involving-elderly-man

:)

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    LEO's are forced to make judgment calls everyday. Unfortunatly, like every other industry in the world, law enforcement has their fair share of ignorant stupid employees. Now don't take that the wrong way, I am not saying this one in question was right or wrong....I was not there. People make poor decisions every day that gets someone either injured or killed. People hold cops to some higher standard, and maybe for a good reason, but at the end of the day they are people like everone else.. There are good reasonable cops, and their are some who seem to always have a chip on their shoulder. What can you do

Last edited:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Nolacopusmc has become our resident go-to guy?:mamoru:

Because,

He is such an inviting and willing target, most of the time.

Besices, Brannon is way out in Barackistan or Irate, or someplace far, far away and relishes the messages from "home".

Watch him hit this like a 3# sac-a-lait on a catalpa worm.

leVieux

Top Bottom