Here's one for NOLACOP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    We were serving a commitment on a 90 year old man and there were 3 of us at the residence, he was mild mannered, patted hime down, had his wallet, pajamas, and a few papers., and when we thought he was ready to go with the coroner's office investigator, he lunged at the investigator with an oyster knife that he grabbed from the counter, and it glanced of his clipboard and shoulder, if he would have not reacted that split second, the oyster knife would have imbedded in his skull, dont ever take the elderly lightly they are just as dangerous as the young thugs, if i remember correctly, he was not even a vet, that has nothing to do with it

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    8 to eighty, blind, crippled or crazy. If you run from the cops or fight with the cops, whatever happens after that is on you. At 84, the guy certainly knew better.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Not being a jackass but, if you are a cop in a small town in Georgia and a man goes and gets a gun, after threatening you, you dont warn him 17 times, you shoot him. That is FAR from an Old 84yr old guy saying he is gonna fist-a-cuffs you, cmon nolacop bad comparison, way off and i assume only for shock value.

Lets be real, a beligerent old man vs. an armed man with a semi-auto rifle?? Thats like comparing a Glock to a Wilson Combat... they might both be guns.. but thats about all they have in common.

off topic but since it was brought up

Yea they are both guns but I trust the Glock

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    I forget the specifics, but either Dinkheller or someone in the agency had just been sued for a BS use of force complaint. Rank was coming down very hard on everyone. I agree, as do most, that there were a lot of signs. Trust me, this video has been used as a training standard for "when it is time to stop being nice, and start being real" all across the country.

However, it is unconscionable how after the man's behavior, that when he first saw the gun , he did not react more aggressively.

Part of it is I believe the fact in most all non-sociopathic human beings, the desire to not harm another person is strong. Especially when that person is seen as weaker--older, younger, women, child, mentally ill, etc. That is a barrier that is very hard for people to get over. Many will wait until it is too late hoping to either talk the person down, they are just bluffing, or they will change their mind.

Despite the anti-leo bs on here and elsewhere, LEO's are human and have no more, albeit less for personal reasons, to use force or violence against another, as they know their actions will be scrutinized more than most and they have more to directly lose in most cases.

A lot has been learned from this brave deputy's death.

That video defiantly had shock value. I kept waiting for the officer to shoot and it did not come till it was too late.

I, as many know I believe There is a fine line that officers have to walk on a daily basis. This is a line that every officer is aware of when they take the job. Many times officers cross that line on the side of overreacting, and I make my voice heard on those subjects.

On this I will make myself heard also. THIS MAKES ME SICK!! This guy was a threat before he grabbed the gun. The officer should have shot him as soon as he saw the weapon, and not stopped till the threat was over.

504BigNasty

Looter Assassin
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    NOLA-Bywater
    First time for me seeing the video also...I can't believe how long it took for the officer to react. U would think at first sight of the gun he would have stopped the threat.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    A cop has every right to beat and bash any civilian for any cause. Looking at a cop funny is a federal offense, look it up. This 84 year old man was begging for death when he touched the cop, who showed an unimaginable amount of compassion for not immediately clubbing him in the face until he was unrecognizable as human. That cop deserves a medal for having so much patience.

Post from the comment area.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    U would think at first sight of the gun he would have stopped the threat.

Unless you know you can take out a suspect aggressively if need be, it's probably not a good idea to be a cop. I wonder if anybody drops out of the academy when shown this video? Selling insurance never looked so good.

That is an absolutely disturbing video. That vet knew exactly what he was doing in pressing the standard infantry charge on a wounded opponent. Again, the guy appears to be a total nut case. How chilling to hear the sound of a man being shot to death.

Did anyone else notice a passenger in the pickup?

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Unless you know you can take out a suspect aggressively if need be, it's probably not a good idea to be a cop. I wonder if anybody drops out of the academy when shown this video? Selling insurance never looked so good.

That is an absolutely disturbing video. That vet knew exactly what he was doing in pressing the standard infantry charge on a wounded opponent. Again, the guy appears to be a total nut case. How chilling to hear the sound of a man being shot to death.

Did anyone else notice a passenger in the pickup?
    Looked like a dog to me.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Well, I have a MAJOR issue with this incident. I don't know the psyche of the officer and I've not been verbally assaulted by an 84 year old but the issue lies in training - or the lack thereof.

I'm an orange belt in judo (who never tested for brown over the course of 2 yrs due to work constraints) and I can take the vast majority of you here down without any significant harm. Throwing someone over my hip with bad intentions will result in injury if you don't know how to break fall (either through instinct - not likely, or by training). This is especially true for an elderly person.

I believe LE should be Brown Belts in Judo so we don't have any reason (or many reasons) for people being "knuckled under" by LE. Of course, the same guys who cannot control themselves in the worst circumstances will then be providing joint injuries to some persons they arrest. Six on one hand a Half Dozen on the other I guess.

I always strictly practice "avoid contact"... Hard to get bodyslammed into the pavement or beatened, tazed and pepper sprayed when I have no contact with them while they are on duty. If I feel like being stupid I practice break falls, do cart wheels or workout with my kettle bell. Works like a charm. :mamoru:

:rofl:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Not being a jackass but, if you are a cop in a small town in Georgia and a man goes and gets a gun, after threatening you, you dont warn him 17 times, you shoot him. That is FAR from an Old 84yr old guy saying he is gonna fist-a-cuffs you, cmon nolacop bad comparison, way off and i assume only for shock value.

Lets be real, a beligerent old man vs. an armed man with a semi-auto rifle?? Thats like comparing a Glock to a Wilson Combat... they might both be guns.. but thats about all they have in common.

I would have expected an expert like you, with your vast overseas Tactical Surgical experience, to have a better understanding of situations like this.

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I would have expected an expert like you, with your vast overseas Tactical Surgical experience, to have a better understanding of situations like this.

By all means, tell us how many times you have fired your weapon at human targets. Then you know about as much on that subject as the rest of the internet-snipers.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    By all means, tell us how many times you have fired your weapon at human targets. Then you know about as much on that subject as the rest of the internet-snipers.

Several dozen. Many more times than you I'm sure. Earlier today in fact. You?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Several dozen. Many more times than you I'm sure. Earlier today in fact. You?
    :mamoru:

can I have your autograph?

Here's my favorite picture of you :mamoru:

24_s6.jpg

Top Bottom