Honey Island Thread: Weekend of Dec. 5th-7th.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J

jayd

Feel free to come introduce yourself and give the secret BS handshake.

Even better than the "super secret squirrel handshake" ;)
    Get one of these to identify yourself as a BS.commer

27qbgh5zskmz4hmcucu.jpg

Available here
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76
    and at gun shows in many different colors
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Ok, I asked 2 different people if they were BS'ers. They both looked at me like I was nuts, which is never good at a rifle range, so I dispensed with that line of questioning. Anyway, place was busy for a Friday.

I shot like crap to boot, and got a cartridge jammed BACKWARDS, rim first, into the shoulder of the barrel. Don't ask. I was able to sight in my red dot right before that. Them things are fun.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Musta missed ya. Kinda the same deal though...felt weird randomly asking folks after the first couple rejections. :rofl:

We were there from 11:30-2:30, two skinny dudes (my brother and I) and two crazy lookin' guys (my buddies). Shot about 300 rounds on the pistol range and 300 through my AR. I fell in love with my Eotech today. It's almost like cheating. Pinging the gong every shot @ 100 yards offhand is better than sex. Well...maybe almost as good as sex. :D

All in all...another great day at Honey Island!

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    Ok, I asked 2 different people if they were BS'ers. They both looked at me like I was nuts, which is never good at a rifle range, so I dispensed with that line of questioning. Anyway, place was busy for a Friday.

I shot like crap to boot, and got a cartridge jammed BACKWARDS, rim first, into the shoulder of the barrel. Don't ask. I was able to sight in my red dot right before that. Them things are fun.

I offered to get my snake out of the truck when you jammed.

Sound was driving in as I was driving out.

Talked to a bunch of geisers, and for the life of me cannot figure out why I can shoot a nickel size group with my EOTech at 25yds, but at 50yds everything is 6" high and spread out.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I won't be shooting a single firearm Friday or Saturday, and I hope I don't have to on Sunday.

Today is my birthday, and I'm going out...and may not be functioning well tomorrow either. Got work Sunday during the day...

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    SpeedRacer and Sound, freakin' Classic, I was between you two. We were all in a row. Speed, I hogged up all your brass. Sound, do you actually think there could more than one idiot to get a case stuck backwards on the same day? That was me. :D

Paulup, black hair guy, thanks for offering.

Well, maybe next time we won't act like we're at our first dance, with boys on one side of the gym and girls on the other.

Good to kinda meet you guys.

Tunatuk, Happy birthday.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Haha! Well there ya go! Enjoy the brass. It was a pleasure almost meeting you!

Just had an idea...since we've got a couple HI RSO's here maybe they can help us out. Why don't we set up a BS Day at Honey Island? Like could we rent out the place on a day it's normally closed? I know it's been done at the Buffer Zone, but I really like the setup at HI and I like the idea of order and safety with so many shooters involved. Not to mention we could really help out the range if we had 20-30 people willing to pay $15-20 or so. Set up a few grills and chairs...sounds like a helluva good day to me.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Unfortunately for several reasons Honey Island does not allow that. Not a RSO, but am familair with the regs over there.

However, you can have an "informal" BS day on a day they are normally open, like a friday when it is usually not crowded, and everyone pays to get in seperately.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I think you could do it if you ask the right people. Clubs have Garand clinnics out there. The key is that it cannot be a weekend.

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    Might be able to work around it. They allow a RO to take up to 4 guests at a time during normal off hours. We have like 4 current ROs, and 2 or 3 of us that might be soon.

Its a thought anyway, one of the current ROs would probably have to run it by a superior before someone risked getting in trouble.

Sound, are you getting into that Jan 30-31 class outside of Baton Rouge, or are you waiting till Spring?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Just throwing it out there...it would be fun though. And I figure it's a good way to help the range and BS raise money, I know they're trying to build a 200yd range out there. Say $25 a pop, $15 to HI, $5 to BS and $5 for food or whatever. :dunno:

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    We can have 4 guests like someone said. I think it would be hard to get a get together going on a weekday as most people work. A weekend on the other hand can be done. We can use the tables at the "Training Center" over by the checkin desk. We can cook out. Just have to keep it clean. No problem there.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom