"House panel advances bill requiring 25-foot distance from police officers"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Without resorting to silly commentary , I'll just say I don't think it's going to work . I do think it's going to cause more problems that it cures .

Before the law:
    police - sir, back up, you're interfering with this investigation
    bystander (since some people are big on the bystanders having some occupation, perhaps a tug boat captain) takes a step back - no I'm not
    police - keep going, you're still interfering with this investigation
    bystander takes a step back - no I'm not

After the law:
    police - sir, back up 25 feet, you're interfering with this investigation
    bystander (maybe this one is an uber driver) backs up 25 feet - no I'm not

I see you're point now. Having an objective standard is much more confusing than having a subjective one.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Without resorting to silly commentary , I'll just say I don't think it's going to work . I do think it's going to cause more problems that it cures .

Maybe. But my respectful reply, based on the stories my BIL in BRPD has told me over the years, has me believing that this is a decent attempt to help maintain the welfare and security of officers engaged in crime scene activities who do not need to be dealing with people actively attempting to distract them (at best) or engage them (at worse).

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I see you're point now. Having an objective standard is much more confusing than having a subjective one.
    Your assuming the standard will always be applied consistently and never challenged both in the field or in Court ? In a perfect world , yes . I'm actually ok with the law in theory . I just don't think it will work in the real world .

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Your assuming the standard will always be applied consistently and never challenged both in the field or in Court ? In a perfect world , yes . I'm actually ok with the law in theory . I just don't think it will work in the real world .

The current law is challenged in the field and in court.

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    Former LEO here.
    It's a good bill. These "auditors" and the like (AKA basement dwelling losers) who crowd a scene with their cellphones and squawk like chickens have no business being there and lets be honest, they're not doing it to preserve or protect anything.
    I know the anti government paranoia runs deep in some circles, but a reasonable person sees the problems and issues that can arise with a gaggle of people crowding a scene which can get critical in a nano second.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Former LEO here.
    It's a good bill. These "auditors" and the like (AKA basement dwelling losers) who crowd a scene with their cellphones and squawk like chickens have no business being there and lets be honest, they're not doing it to preserve or protect anything.
    I know the anti government paranoia runs deep in some circles, but a reasonable person sees the problems and issues that can arise with a gaggle of people crowding a scene which can get critical in a nano second.
    The auditors are a solution to a huge proplem and they do have a right to be there. Want to fix the proplem? Change your hiring policy, end the BS blue line crap and train your people. Being a officer use to be a honarble proffession and still is in some communities. Problem is hiring practices are crap now and its giving the proffession a black eye.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The auditors are a solution to a huge proplem and they do have a right to be there. Want to fix the proplem? Change your hiring policy, end the BS blue line crap and train your people. Being a officer use to be a honarble proffession and still is in some communities. Problem is hiring practices are crap now and its giving the proffession a black eye.

Body cams were supposed to be a solution to a huge problem. It would finally show the widespread abuse of the public at the hands of the police. But that didn't happen. The bodycams showed that the widespread abuse only existed in the minds of the people whose complaints didn't match what the bodycams showed.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Body cams were supposed to be a solution to a huge problem. It would finally show the widespread abuse of the public at the hands of the police. But that didn't happen. The bodycams showed that the widespread abuse only existed in the minds of the people whose complaints didn't match what the bodycams showed.
    There is no solution to the huge problem because the problems are born and nurtured in the broken "minds of the people". Good and decent people with a moral compass based on God's Word have finally been overtaken by a fatherless, foul mouthed, immoral society where "nobody tells me what to do" and "I'm doing me, you do you". A few generations into this stagnant **** tank we find so called men with zero reference for a genuine authority and none looking for, nor seeing the need for one. LEOs are regarded as nothing more than a roadblock to "me doing me" - a surefire byproduct of the society they've signed up to protect and serve. That "noble profession" has changed. Look at the early outs -top notchers bailing on it as the risks and rewards are now as far as the East is to the West. Lawmakers are very well compensated and eager to pass around "legislation" that's surely THE "solution to a huge problem". No laws prior and none future will have any measureable impact whatsoever -a fool's fool believes otherwise. Even the finest LEO are becoming exhausted very quickly, much more inclined to throatpunch some agitating douchebag than to resort to a constantly changing, absurdly restrictive "policy and procedure manual". Nope, it's NOT the cop's fault -they're swirling in the same sewer, trying to survive the streets overflowing with sh^t!

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    A traffic lane is 10ft wide? So officers stopping people on the highway/any public street will block 2 lanes of traffic, or else drivers are breaking the law. So now traffic stops require surrounding traffic to wait until the stop is over and the officer has completed their official business.

$200 ticket costs the public thousands or millions in commerce/time/losses as they stop traffic, get people fired from jobs due to being late, and make shipments late...that sounds about right for how the Government "helps" people.

Or the $200 ticket could save an innocent child from being run over by a speeding drunkard. Your slip is showing...

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Both of you are nicer guys than I. I was thinking more along the lines of a 25 foot long leash attached to a K9.
    It would work........ya know it would.

Yup, just like the robotic K9's now being used for "crowd control" in LA and NYC -don't need a leash, they have laser measurement onboard and can upload the "auditor's" photo and actual distance to the database in less than 10ms. In other words ..."you never know just how you look until you get your picture took!"

Last edited:

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Yup, just like the robotic K9's now being used for "crowd control" in LA and NYC -don't need a leash, they have laser measurement onboard and can upload the "auditor's" photo and actual distance to the database in less than 10ms. In other words ..."you never know just how you look until you get your picture took!"
    Crowd control for the MAGA crowd ? I ask because i have never seen a crowd control tactic on ANTIFA. Well Trump did once to save the old church and almost got impeached

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    There is no solution to the huge problem because the problems are born and nurtured in the broken "minds of the people". Good and decent people with a moral compass based on God's Word have finally been overtaken by a fatherless, foul mouthed, immoral society where "nobody tells me what to do" and "I'm doing me, you do you". A few generations into this stagnant **** tank we find so called men with zero reference for a genuine authority and none looking for, nor seeing the need for one. LEOs are regarded as nothing more than a roadblock to "me doing me" - a surefire byproduct of the society they've signed up to protect and serve. That "noble profession" has changed. Look at the early outs -top notchers bailing on it as the risks and rewards are now as far as the East is to the West. Lawmakers are very well compensated and eager to pass around "legislation" that's surely THE "solution to a huge problem". No laws prior and none future will have any measureable impact whatsoever -a fool's fool believes otherwise. Even the finest LEO are becoming exhausted very quickly, much more inclined to throatpunch some agitating douchebag than to resort to a constantly changing, absurdly restrictive "policy and procedure manual". Nope, it's NOT the cop's fault -they're swirling in the same sewer, trying to survive the streets overflowing with sh^t!
    See you are looking at it wrong. I assume you are LE? How do you feel about your brothers in blue protecting the communist? Do yall get together and talk about what you will do when its your turn to take sides against MAGA TO PROTECT ANTIFA or do you pray you never have to make that choice?

The boys in blue need to figure out what side they are on, sooner rather than later.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Each officer should be issued a super high speed mini drone with razor sharp blades that works off of a perimeter beacon attached to the officer. As soon as the LEO exits the vehicle…body cam will activate and the drone will be deployed from a cool mount somewhere on the unit. It can do super fast circles at a pre determined distance chosen by the officer which can be adjusted accordingly. Flying fingers of death on scene! Stay back!

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Each officer should be issued a super high speed mini drone with razor sharp blades that works off of a perimeter beacon attached to the officer. As soon as the LEO exits the vehicle…body cam will activate and the drone will be deployed from a cool mount somewhere on the unit. It can do super fast circles at a pre determined distance chosen by the officer which can be adjusted accordingly. Flying fingers of death on scene! Stay back!
    Actually that would be awesome. Lol

Imagine the headine. Thirty thousand were killed at a taylor swift concert when a officer assaigned to crowd control heard a acorn drop and activated the Flying Fingers of death !!

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Give these guys commissions. They can work the ropes with a tire iron.

Attachments

• IMG_5311.jpeg
      IMG_5311.jpeg
      85.2 KB · Views: 23

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    That's because body cams can be ditched when needed. Don't ask me how I know.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    See you are looking at it wrong. I assume you are LE? How do you feel about your brothers in blue protecting the communist? Do yall get together and talk about what you will do when its your turn to take sides against MAGA TO PROTECT ANTIFA or do you pray you never have to make that choice?

The boys in blue need to figure out what side they are on, sooner rather than later.

I've worked a number of peaceful events where my personal beliefs differed from the message being presented at the event.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lilvonte722
    Top Bottom