I JUST SHOT SOMEBODY

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Nobody mentioned clearing your browser and search history? throwing all the gun mags and books in the back of the shed?

I was curious about the 'go to the hospital by ambulance' idea. That means you're leaving the cops in your house to search it top to bottom? Not that I don't trust local LEO... but there are good and bad cops, not to mention most of the federal agents i've met have been fairly anti - 2A.
    Yeah, I wouldn’t advocate taking the ambulance and definitely not leaving your house before the body is gone and you can secure your home, but going to the ER can definitely work to your advantage as I pointed out. If someone can’t see the logic in that, then that’s just not their plan.
    As far as all the other stuff you mentioned, I think it’s better to live a clean life so you don’t have a mess to clean up in a rush?

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    Call 911. Simply say that “someone has been shot, and hang up”. 911 will call back, but do not answer. Do not say “anything for 4 to 5 days and get an attorney”. If you say anything and remember details later, you will be accused of being unreliable and changing your alibi. Expect $50,000 of legal fees defending yourself throughout a Grand Jury Investion.

This thread is a mix of good and bad. But this is probably the worst advice here. What better way to get the police at your house in a “turned up” mindset. Entering a scene where they don’t know if there’s an active shooter or everyone’s dead.

Please, for the love of all, don’t listen to this moronic advice.

Explain, as others have stated who you are, if you and your family are fine. The location of your weapon. If the suspect if dead / down (condition unknown) / fled. Then that plays into how they left, were they alone, how’d they get to your place (foot / car / unknown). Direction of travel. Details will save a lot of undue stress that could potentially bleed over if you say some dumb **** like “someone has been shot” and hang up.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Yeah, I wouldn’t advocate taking the ambulance and definitely not leaving your house before the body is gone and you can secure your home, but going to the ER can definitely work to your advantage as I pointed out. If someone can’t see the logic in that, then that’s just not their plan.
    As far as all the other stuff you mentioned, I think it’s better to live a clean life so you don’t have a mess to clean up in a rush?
    Clean life isn't the problem. Just the fact that you're a member on here is something that a DA could use against you. Oh, you follow BS.com, ARFCOM, Schlock Mercenary, Casey and Andy, and MHI? That shows you're a homicidal maniac waiting for the chance to kill someone and post about it!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Clean life isn't the problem. Just the fact that you're a member on here is something that a DA could use against you. Oh, you follow BS.com, ARFCOM, Schlock Mercenary, Casey and Andy, and MHI? That shows you're a homicidal maniac waiting for the chance to kill someone and post about it!
    1728771164763.gif

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    That brings up another question. Is there a LEGAL DUTY to report a shooting? If some one knows that statute requiring one to do so would post a link, I would love to read up on the law.
    That's actually a nice dig.

Personally, I'd opt out of this by default. When (not if) it's found out and you've hid the body (if it's dead), prison is the future. No thanks. LOL

However, I am with you on liking to see the law, just for s**ts and giggles.

This thread has been EXTREMELY informative. I guess my next move needs to be finding the right (criminal?) attorney. I have to say that it sure is a bunch of bulls**t involved because some lowlife decides to be a home invader (or other). I figured this thread may come in handy, especially with the rise in crime (and insanity). I hope like hell none of us have to remember this s**t.

Last edited:

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    They can hold "being on this forum" against me if they want to. That would mean I'm being judged by 12 instead of carried by 6. Apparently I did my job well. LOL

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    That brings up another question. Is there a LEGAL DUTY to report a shooting? If some one knows that statute requiring one to do so would post a link, I would love to read up on the law.

Are you distinguishing between a “shooting”where they may possibly be alive or I killed this fella breaking into my house.

Louisiana

RS 14:131.1 - Failure to report the commission of certain felonies​

Universal Citation:
    LA Rev Stat § 14:131.1 (2018)
    Learn moreThis media-neutral citation is based on the American Association of Law Libraries Universal Citation Guide and is not necessarily the official citation.
    PreviousNext
    §131.1. Failure to report the commission of certain felonies
    A. It shall be unlawful for any person having knowledge of the commission of any homicide, rape, or sexual abuse of a child to fail to report or disclose such information to a law enforcement agency or district attorney, except when the person having such knowledge is bound by any privilege of confidentiality recognized by law.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I know a guy that found himself in a home invasion situation. At the moment he saw the guy in his house, he was unarmed. Instead of running he attacked the intruder. He subdued the intruder but was shot in the stomach in the process. Physically he was never the same afterwards.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Are you distinguishing between a “shooting”where they may possibly be alive or I killed this fella breaking into my house.

Louisiana

RS 14:131.1 - Failure to report the commission of certain felonies​

Universal Citation:
    LA Rev Stat § 14:131.1 (2018)
    Learn moreThis media-neutral citation is based on the American Association of Law Libraries Universal Citation Guide and is not necessarily the official citation.
    PreviousNext
    §131.1. Failure to report the commission of certain felonies
    A. It shall be unlawful for any person having knowledge of the commission of any homicide, rape, or sexual abuse of a child to fail to report or disclose such information to a law enforcement agency or district attorney, except when the person having such knowledge is bound by any privilege of confidentiality recognized by law.
    I assumed that's about what it'd be.
    I appreciate that effort, GravelFace!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    §502. Failure to seek assistance
    A.(1) Any person at the scene of an emergency who knows that another person has suffered serious bodily injury shall, to the extent that the person can do so without danger or peril to self or others, give reasonable assistance to the injured person. Reasonable assistance includes immediately seeking or reporting the need for medical assistance from an appropriate authority.
    (2) Any person who engages in reckless behavior that results in the serious bodily injury of any person shall, to the extent that the person can do so without danger or peril to self or others, give reasonable assistance to the person. Reasonable assistance includes immediately seeking or reporting the need for medical assistance from an appropriate authority.
    B. For purposes of this Section:
    (1) "Appropriate authority" includes:
    (a) Any state or local law enforcement agency.
    (b) A 911 Public Safety Answering Point as defined in Title 33 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950.
    (c) Emergency medical personnel.
    (2) "Reckless behavior" means an activity or behavior in which a reasonable person knew or reasonably should have known that the activity or behavior may result in injury to another, including but not limited to excessive consumption of alcohol, binge drinking, drag racing, consumption of any controlled dangerous substance, acts of hazing, or other similar activity, including activity which is defined as a criminal offense under this Title.
    (3) Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 2, §3.
    C.(1) Except as provided in Paragraph (2) of this Subsection, any person who violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars, imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than one year, or both.
    (2) If the serious bodily injury results in the death of the person, any person who violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than two thousand dollars, imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than five years, or both.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    §502. Failure to seek assistance
    A.(1) Any person at the scene of an emergency who knows that another person has suffered serious bodily injury shall, to the extent that the person can do so without danger or peril to self or others, give reasonable assistance to the injured person. Reasonable assistance includes immediately seeking or reporting the need for medical assistance from an appropriate authority.
    (2) Any person who engages in reckless behavior that results in the serious bodily injury of any person shall, to the extent that the person can do so without danger or peril to self or others, give reasonable assistance to the person. Reasonable assistance includes immediately seeking or reporting the need for medical assistance from an appropriate authority.
    B. For purposes of this Section:
    (1) "Appropriate authority" includes:
    (a) Any state or local law enforcement agency.
    (b) A 911 Public Safety Answering Point as defined in Title 33 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950.
    (c) Emergency medical personnel.
    (2) "Reckless behavior" means an activity or behavior in which a reasonable person knew or reasonably should have known that the activity or behavior may result in injury to another, including but not limited to excessive consumption of alcohol, binge drinking, drag racing, consumption of any controlled dangerous substance, acts of hazing, or other similar activity, including activity which is defined as a criminal offense under this Title.
    (3) Repealed by Acts 2019, No. 2, §3.
    C.(1) Except as provided in Paragraph (2) of this Subsection, any person who violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars, imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than one year, or both.
    (2) If the serious bodily injury results in the death of the person, any person who violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than two thousand dollars, imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than five years, or both.
    Badass, Big Dawg. Thank You!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    reevesj
    Top Bottom