I just wanted to say...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It was not finalized, nor was it paid in full, it was a deposit for a hold, after others had allegedly spoken for it, there is a difference.
    While I can't say 100% that greed played a role in the decision to accept the deposit, and push away the other alleged potential buyers, I will say, after seeing the situation play out, I definitely lean in that direction.

Yes, there's a difference. speaking for it is not money. Paying money is money. The deposit was not only a hold. It was a partial payment with the balance due upon their meeting.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It was not finalized, nor was it paid in full, it was a deposit for a hold, after others had allegedly spoken for it, there is a difference.
    While I can't say 100% that greed played a role in the decision to accept the deposit, and push away the other alleged potential buyers, I will say, after seeing the situation play out, I definitely lean in that direction.
    I just wanna know what does one tell a member who they talk to and agree to terms with before someone flashes a deposit and you suddenly decide you’re not selling it to that original member after all. I’m assuming this is when the ghosting comes into play.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I just wanna know what does one tell a member who they talk to and agree to terms with before someone flashes a deposit and you suddenly decide you’re not selling it to that original member after all. I’m assuming this is when the ghosting comes into play.

No, you tell them all discussions are part of the negotiation, nothing is final until money changes hands, and you are open to accepting another offer if another person can get you money first.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Alright, I understand now

Pwizzy was trying to get 1600 out of a 1300 dollar gun. He gets a few offers and then boom, rudilly hits him with full ask, all cash and a deposit. So yeah, he goes for the gold and takes the deposit. Then rudilly starts having some buyers remorse and tries to back out. Realizing he has neither a leg nor a floor to stand on he takes to dem internets to excise the demons!

Yeah, he should not have jumped on the deal so fast, but once he did he should use some of that ex leo/mil.gov awesomeness and just mam up and complete the deal. Not pwizzy's fault that he got jacked around by Captain America.

Yeah, 1600 is a bit steep and I bet that pwizzy would have knocked off some dineros if the condition was mentioned during the physical meet.

Now i think pwizzy should refund the money, and leave some negative feedback with a link to the whiny thread. but it could be a scam so I think waiting to see if those funds stick around would be prudent.

Rudilly paid 600 to learn a valuable lesson...

Oh yeah, and just so that we are all clear. I am a future pulitzer prize winning author of a yet to be announced Noble prize winning manuscript of my times spent giving 110 percent to all of the needy people in the world. And I am uncharacteristically well spoken, good looking and sweet smelling.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Alright, I understand now

Pwizzy was trying to get 1600 out of a 1300 dollar gun. He gets a few offers and then boom, rudilly hits him with full ask, all cash and a deposit. So yeah, he goes for the gold and takes the deposit. Then rudilly starts having
    When I started reading this I thought it was going to rhyme. Would have gone a long way toward your Pulitzer.....

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    No, you tell them all discussions are part of the negotiation, nothing is final until money changes hands, and you are open to accepting another offer if another person can get you money first.
    What if Scenario.

A) I agree with Baton Rouge Bobby on a Thursday to meet him for a deal Saturday a.m.

2) I actually make the 4 hour drive Saturday after an early morning confirmation from Bobby the deal is still on.

III) I arrive 15 minutes early at the agreed upon place. Cash, Valid La. ID, and dna sample in hand. Plus the obligatory pen to sign the multiple copies of the B.O.S. he wanted.

Four) He is a no show. He is nice enough to text me and let me know that probably about the time I was crossing the Mighty Mississippi River Bridge, his overwatch ride along brother-in-law gave him $10 more and offered to buy him lunch for the item Bobby agreed to sell me.

In that scenario , Bobby is clean? No foul?

Last edited:

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    What if Scenario.

A) I agree with Baton Rouge Bobby on a Thursday to meet him for a deal Saturday a.m.

2) I actually make the 4 hour drive Saturday after an early morning confirmation from Bobby the deal is still on.

III) I arrive 15 minutes early at the agreed upon place. Cash, Valid La. ID, and dna sample in hand. Plus the obligatory pen to sign the multiple copies of the B.O.S. he wanted.

Four) He is a no show. He is nice enough to text me and let me know that probably about the time I was crossing the Mighty Mississippi River Bridge, his overwatch ride along brother-in-law gave him $10 more and offered to buy him lunch for the item Bobby agreed to sell me.

In that scenario , Bobby is clean? No fowl?
    That's happened to me on this forum more than once.

I suck it up and put them on my never do business list

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    What if Scenario.

Time and money (gas money) was lost due to a broken verbal contract.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    What if Scenario.

We used to call these people ''Welchers'' people without honor and their word means spit.
    Most will probably stand on the corner and hold up a sign begging to.....nevermind, Mind went into the gutter.
    Plenty that slither thru this form over the years, Be careful out there!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What if Scenario.

It depends on what your agreement was for that scenario.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have done a "few" transactions on this forum... Check my feedback.

So it goes without saying (say it again Sam) that I have made deals and met people and sold and bought and traded stuff.

After a handful of deals you get the hang of it (or maybe you don't, so people are beyond help) and you figure out which deals are going to happen and which ones will not.

If the other party is being difficult in any way, slow replies, stilted conversations, too eager or too young/dumb, etc, you move on to the next person.

I always nail down the meet before I will consider an item spf.

And keep in mind you are dealing with another person that you are not likely familiar with. Sometimes it just does not work out, so is life. I have had a few interested parties on an item and I have had to tell multiple buyers that I have someone willing to pay asking price. I go by order of contact time and let them decline paying my asking price or commit. Seems to be the best way to go.

And if you do not have any feedback you will be meeting me close to home, more on my terms. And I will give positive feedback once the deal is done.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What if Scenario.

Last sale I made to an out of town member, I included an extra free box of 9mm ammo as a thanks to him for driving from Lafayette to BTR to pick up the item. What you describe, and what others confirm has happened to them, sux. Massively. So I try to go the extra mile when selling to insure those I deal with always feel like they came out with a happy ending. Or something like that. Well, maybe not something like that, but, you know, something sorta like that. Well, maybe not sorta like that...

I'll just stop here.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    bs compiled 1.png
    bs compiled 2.png

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I'm pretty easy going with whatever it is I am selling. I dont like taking deposits and if the person is local I dont like for them to send me the money before we meet up. If someone wants the item bad enough they will find a way to meet up with me before the other buyers. I also dont mind holding the item for a day or so. I've only had one bad dealing here and that was just someone ghosting me. More so just a pain in the ass. Everyone else has been pretty upfront and easy to deal with.

I wouldnt have kept the deposit. $600 is a pretty big amount to lose just like that and I wouldn't want that to happen to me.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    We used to call these people ''Welchers'' people without honor and their word means spit.
    Most will probably stand on the corner and hold up a sign begging to.....nevermind, Mind went into the gutter.
    Plenty that slither thru this form over the years, Be careful out there!
    they have evolved from welchers to snowflakes...totally new breed dude.. and they have the ability to identify as you are in the wrong not them... good luck

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    they have evolved from welchers to snowflakes...totally new breed dude.. and they have the ability to identify as you are in the wrong not them... good luck
    No deal's with da flakes as I have no patience for flim-flam-Ery in any form.
    Hard for me as it is to deal with 225 and 504 area code derps, Only exceptions being the online deal score/rating on here.
    Then we have the 337 dudes that I'm sure are a F'k up mixture of Jewish/Cajun blood, Always wanting something for nothing those boys.
    Good luck if you run into one of these as I do estate sales on most weekends, I talk to a bunch of em'

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Anyone on here buy or sell a house? You put down earnest money, usually about $1000, and sign a purchase agreement and the seller takes the house off of the market. If the buyer backs out, the seller gets to keep the money. Usual exceptions are the house not passing inspection or the buyers can't secure the loan.

I see this as the same. I might not keep the entire $600, but I would definitely keep whatever it takes to make me whole.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom